jk4eyes

do you smoke weed?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no
    • well...sorta

This poll is closed to new votes

I have never, ever ever, done any sort of drug or had any sort of alcohol in my life. And I never plan to. So I don't think it affected my sex drive at all. :P

Lady Heartilly

Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew

*vomits*

. . . EW!

Drugs and alcohol are even worse than sex! They do horrible things to your body and I don't know why anyone would ever want to consume them. I certainly don't.

Ugh. Luckily, I've never had to encounter such things like that up close during my tenure in high school, though I know they exist. It'll be even more wide spread in college, but I'm just ignoring it. Seems utterly pointless to me (so, based on that, they do have something in common with sex; :P ).

I voted yes... but I'm not really sure I'm asexual.

I don't think that it can cause lack of sex drive, it doesn't seem to have that efect on my sexual friends.

I also I tend to repeat everything while I'm high on weed, and one night I got a really nice video on my mind (nothing "sexual", just a girl's face) repeating itself over and over again... that is one of best arousals I've ever had :roll: (although I'm not sure if it counted as "sex drive" since I certainly didn't do a thing about it... just laid on the sofa and enjoyed the feeling)

What they said.

I don't drink, smoke, or do any kind of drugs. Never have, don't see any reason I ever will.

So much more stupid and damaging than casual sex. Then people put them together—ugh.

Never done weed. I really don't like things that make me feel funny. When I got my wisdoms removed I stopped taking the pain pills after the first doce, as I prefered the pain to the feeling of the pills. Concidering that, I'm not going to take something voulentartily that'll make me feel funny.

I've never smoked anything. Not even meat.

I do enjoy a strawberry rhubarb cider every now and again, though. And virgin pina cloadas. Mmm.

I don't specifically have a problem with people who do but i just don't feel comfortable with it but thats namely because i have been around people who do smoke, both weed and cigarettes. I still can't stand the idea of doing it myself though.

I have never, ever ever, done any sort of drug or had any sort of alcohol in my life. And I never plan to.

Ditto. I'm all for brain cells.

I used to smoke weed in my college days. Last time would have been about March of 1985. I don't miss it.

(And as for the poll... how do you "sorta" smoke weed???)

So much more stupid and damaging than casual sex. Then people put them together—ugh.

Yeah, like meth, which has become the new "really bad drug that's really catching on" of late :x Meth is horrible....

Yeah, like meth, which has become the new "really bad drug that's really catching on" of late :x Meth is horrible....

Oh man, meth is so big in rural communities in Oregon. They'll steal a $600 bike and sell it for $20 for meth. And the chem dept at the university has to be careful about disposing of their glassware, or it ends up in the wrong hands. . .

:evil: I hate it. And it does such AWFUL things to people.

hmm interesting! looks like im the druggy of the board so far. I smoke weed quite often and use E, Alcohol and occasionally coke (which is shockingly overrated btw). wouldent ever touch heroin or crack but im pretty open minded about other things.

i wonder if its just because most of you are from stateside? people seem to be quite clean living over there! possibly just due to the punitive law enforcement?

I think for me my asexualness/ drug use / depression and musical stuff are all knotted up in a complex ball but i couldent say what was to be blamed/praised for doing what to what ect ect....

Slop

hmm interesting! looks like im the druggy of the board so far. I smoke weed quite often and use E, Alcohol and occasionally coke (which is shockingly overrated btw). wouldent ever touch heroin or crack but im pretty open minded about other things.

i wonder if its just because most of you are from stateside? people seem to be quite clean living over there! possibly just due to the punitive law enforcement?

I think for me my asexualness/ drug use / depression and musical stuff are all knotted up in a complex ball but i couldent say what was to be blamed/praised for doing what to what ect ect....

Slop

Nope, I don't use anything because I have no interest in it. I'm certainly not in the norm for the US, though. Many if not most kids my age drink, smoke and use pot, if not other things. Hell, my sister did a lot of stuff, still does some.

I'm actually in favor of legalization, and getting rid of the drinking age, &c. I think the way this country handles drug use is pretty backwards. I also spent most of those "don't use drugs" sessions in school laughing at the crappy material they were giving us.

I'm not straightedge because I'm worried about getting caught, or super moral, or whatever, I just think it's stupid and self-defeating.

I do not smoke weed(,drink,smoke,love and feel) but I do not condamn those who do.Besides that in my opinion it is not worse than alcohol and therefore should be legalized.

I have smoked pot before but it makes me terribly jittery. I tried to make myself like it to no avail. I thought that I should like it because all of my friends do. Finally, I decided its just not worth it to do what everyone else is doing if its making me miserable.

Nope, I don't use anything because I have no interest in it. I'm certainly not in the norm for the US, though. Many if not most kids my age drink, smoke and use pot, if not other things. Hell, my sister did a lot of stuff, still does some.

I'm actually in favor of legalization, and getting rid of the drinking age, &c. I think the way this country handles drug use is pretty backwards. I also spent most of those "don't use drugs" sessions in school laughing at the crappy material they were giving us.

I'm not straightedge because I'm worried about getting caught, or super moral, or whatever, I just think it's stupid and self-defeating.

hehe fair enough! i wasnt aiming anything at you btw sorry if it looked that way! i just really had no idea what this stuff was like in the US apart from what i know about the legal side of things.

Its curious to me though, ill be keeping an eye on this poll, i would have thought that the asexual commuity would show about the same if not higher level of recreational drug use compared to the world at large. So far it looks like its a tad smaller! I might write down some proper ideas/ hypothesis and do a more specific poll on this....

Slop

I have never, ever ever, done any sort of drug or had any sort of alcohol in my life. And I never plan to.

Ditto. I'm all for brain cells.

I sorta like my brain cells... Same a Jesh

Nah I've just got an addiction to being in full control of mind and body. I don't like that drugs/alcohol modifies you conscious state. And ciggarette smoke just plain reeks.

No, I know you didn't mean just me. I just felt like answering 8)

I'd actually think that fewer asexuals would drink/smoke/use drugs. For me, at least, my disinterest in substances is pretty similar to my disinterest in sex. From what I've seen on the boards, it looks like there are a lot of us who feel the same way. :shrug: I'll keep an eye on the poll, too.

Drugs and alcohol are even worse than sex! They do horrible things to your body and I don't know why anyone would ever want to consume them. I certainly don't.

alcohol is nearly as bad as sex, and they're both really bad because they're not discouraged in society. drugs on the other hand are easy as hell to stop, nearly anyone will help you with them.

drugs are a natural selection tool : stupid people overdose and die, smart people can quit and live on. that's kinda been replaced by AIDS now but i like that idea.

No. I can laugh at random things and act weirdly without it.

Me too. I can fit right in with stoned people without any chemical assistance if I'm in the right sort of mood.

Cheaper that way. :wink:

You aren't the only one, Sloppycoder.

I used to smoke pot sporadically when I was younger, but then I quit altogether when I entered my religious phase in 1982.

Nowadays I would probably light up again, provided that the situation was right and I was with the right people. It isn't enough of a priority for me to go out and actually seek it, though. Now, 'shrooms on the other hand ... 8)

*goes outside and pokes around in the woods*

*nope ... too early, still*

*darn*

-Greybird F.A.

I've smoked weed. Used to, anyway. I can't say it's something I would actively seek to do anymore, as I did find it to be somewhat overrated. Although, I don't see anything particularly wrong with it either, and I'm not sure I appreciate some of the moral superiority being slung around in this thread. What's the big deal? It was just a question. Lighten up, willya?

I was offered some about 2 years ago, but I didn't accept. That same summer, there was some talk about making a mixed batch of special and regular brownies (complete with EAT AT YOUR OWN RISK sign), but it never happened. I guess the guy just wasn't able to shell out for the "special" for the brownies without endagering his own stash. :?

Vicious Trollop

No I never have, and I lived in the Netherlands for six months without ever doing it, so it's not a high priority.

But I won't say I'd never do it. In fact, depending on the situation, I'm keen to try it.

Archived