What's is your Major/Job?

littlepersonparadox

What do you do for a living/study?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you do/study?

• Formal Sciences (Mathematics, Computer, Logistics, etc)
    • Social Sciences (Anthropology, Psychology, Gender Studies, Economics)
    • Humanities (Linguistics, History, Arts, etc)
    • Natural Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc)
    • Academic Professions (Education, Law, Medicine, etc)
    • Skill Trade Professions (Welding, Electrical, Construction, etc)
    • None of the above

This poll is closed to new votes

Sociology.

I also have completed courses in Psychology, Constitutional Science, Anthropology and History.

I'm the 'this rocks my boat at the moment so I'm gonna study it' kind of person.

littlepersonparadox

wow a lot of these professions i didn't even know existed. for example Library science is a thing? That is awesome and cool and i find all of this really fascinating. keep the good responses coming.

Groomer, Supervisor and HR department(i AM the Human resources department lol) at a large(35-40 staff, 130 kennels) dog boarding facility.

drjohnhwatson

I majored in (and received) a bachelor's degree in History, was told by a few professors I ought to minor or double major in English (like literature/writing) and didn't because I was already going year round to graduate three-years in a brand new accelerated program, I work in a restaurant, and I spend most of my time writing or daydreaming about writing @_@.

Majored in geography and minored in French. So basically a waste of 4 years of my life.

I dropped out of a university course in forestry at the end of year 2, many moons ago. Now I'm a taxi driver and a secretary

While I was in the military I fixed radar on the F/18 fighter jet. Now I have an online craft business with my wife (I cross-stitch and knit).

I wasn't really sure what category this would fit under. I wet to uni for Baking and Pastry as well as Culinary and am currently a baker.

Seismologist/seismologic technician, now retired. Most of my time is spent upgrading my house, doing volunteer work, caretaking homes and people, and traveling on the cheap.

• 3 weeks later...

SCIENCE! Microbiology- It's my job to find what can't be seen. Like a wizard. A wizard who really likes the smell of E. coli.

Reading and Writing. (English major)

Business Administration/Management. Banking.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

Sexuality and Gender studies will be my major when I start in a couple of months :P

I'm studying Food science and Nutrition. ^_^

Beyourownspotlight

I guess Healthcare Professional falls under Academic Professions?

I quoted for that, so I hope so haha.

(I'm a qualified nurse, but due to certain circumstances I have to go back to uni to qualify in this country. Currently, I'm a support worker/care assistant/whatever you want to call it)

My major is Early Childhood Education, and I'll be working in a daycare soon. I'm going to be an elementary school teacher in a few years.

Ex Med school student - now Psychology student - French / English teacher.
Busy life 8)

In college I majored in photography, and now I own my own business as a freelance artist specializing in animal related props and re-creations.

• 3 weeks later...

None of those, I studied and have a degree in "Digital Media Design"

It varies a lot with many topics, but included the likes of:

Web, Game and Interaction Design, Wearable Technology, and Film Work, with a bit of Industrial Design thrown in.

I also wet to a polytech where I got a certificate in

Special Effects and Makeup Artistry
Male and Special Effects Make-Up, Wig and prosthetic application, Body Painting and hair trimming.
and a certificate in
Fashion Make-Up Artistry
Make-Up and Hair styling for Period, Editorial, Catwalk, Weddings and Portfolio Development.

I took various extra papers and the like not covered by these such as some interior design and typography work.

Edit: and from it all I technically work in the film industry, but more as as IT Helpdesk of sorts.

Archived