Small mention of Asexuality in 2008 movie

Xavy

I was watching this 2008 movie called "Four Christmases" (I must admit I didn't watch the whole thing, because it was too silly) but asexuality was mentioned in a "joke" in the opening scene, so I thought I would post it here.

Reese Witherspoon's character @ 2.06 in this clip, "if I wanted an asexual pen pal you'd be at the top of my list"

I'm pretty sure they didn't know that the word described a sexual orientation when they used it here. I just think it was a joke on the relationship being without sex.

^ Yeah, I was surprised to find asexuality used in such an old film to be honest, so maybe you are right.

^ Yeah, I was surprised to find asexuality used in such an old film to be honest, so maybe you are right.

Old? If that film really is from 2008, it's not old! Now I'm feeling old.

That scene was totally unfunny, by the way. I love Christmas movies, but I'm glad I was never even tempted to watch this one.

Old? If that film really is from 2008, it's not old! Now I'm feeling old.

That scene was totally unfunny, by the way. I love Christmas movies, but I'm glad I was never even tempted to watch this one.

Your instincts are right, don't bother watching it. It's a pretty stupid movie.

Never heard of this film, though I am a fan of Vince Vaughn. I thought it was pretty funny, though slightly inaccurate. Nice find.

That asexual guy

The term asexual the way she used it to describe a penpal was used correctly. The word asexual is not always used to describe a sexual orientation.

Archived