Breast feeding

LonePiper

You were  

1. 1.

• Breast fed
    • Bottle fed

This poll is closed to new votes

Bottle.

It was just the start of a lifetime of a near total lack of bonding with my mother.

As for whether it's a cause or contributory factor to anything, I have no idea.

I believe i was breast-fed. I'm not sure why, as i don't remember, and i've never had this conversation with my mom.

*makes mental note for interesting conversation for next call to parents*

I just have this faint recollection from early childhood of my mom telling another mother that i was breast-fed. Of course, i moved up to bottles before i tried using a cup, but no clue how old i was.

• 1 month later...

Aparently this is weird, but I *remember* breast feeding. People get freaked out when I say that. shrug

Breast fed both my boys (though not for as long as I'd have liked as I had to return to work and 'expressing' wasn't an option then). After the initial pain it's a wonderful experience and one I wouldn't have missed for anything...however the modern obsession with breastfeeding in public has me mystified. I used to make sure that I either fed before going out or I was back long before the next one was due. Just a matter of organisation.

I was breast fed. I was allergic to milk and dairy-based products. I had to drink Soy Milk as a child.

I was breast feed. My parents believed in bonding. So I got breast feed,cared,hugged,kissed and messaged as a child.

• 6 months later...

Hahah. I was bottle fed mostly.

My mum tried to breast feed me but it didn't work well, apparently. I just couldn't figure what to do with them -apparently -so she gave me SMA

LimeTreeArbour

i was bottle fed and have ear infections

Bottle-fed, and I don't see any bearing on asexuality. Breast-feeding or bottle-feeding during the last century has been a matter of social class and fad. Everyone's breastfeeding now who can do it (everyone who doesn't have to be gone from home for 9-10 days for a job where they can't express milk -- i.e., mostly upper-class). When my kids were born, nobody was doing breastfeeding in America, except recent immigrants. Formula was "best" (as advertised by the formula companies). And employers didn't make any allowances for being a mother, in any way.

Archived