As far as I know I'm a girl... With big muscles! Help! Androgen gene?

Bumblebee Betty

Bumblebee Betty

Hi guys...

Something got me thinking about my sexuality. To my extent I am a girl, but I read a couple of articles regarding androgen or adrogonys (excuse the spelling) I just need some info or insight ad I can't seem to google my experience.

I have really big biceps and muscles for a girl ... but I don't work out...! I build muscle doing everyday chores. I am slim and short, 24 years old, I wouldn't say feminine but I do have 'handfull'sized boobs and nicely curved hips but! I'm not as feminine built as my sister for instance , my hands are a bit bigger and rougher and my face more square... More sharp features. But I actually don't mind any of this, I know who I am but I just never thought of not being 100% feminine and having some sort of gene lurking. I would describe myself as tomboy, seeing as I never had an interest in girly stuff. And tomboy kind of transformed into geek after childhood. But I am not a lesbian as far as I know.. Although I wouldn't mind it, and do find myself attracted to certain girls (although I have never ventured there, it's always been in the back of my mind) But I am attracted to males and had many boyfriends.

I also grow my hair really long because if I don't, i look like a boy (look exactly like my brother when I have short hair) and my arms are really muscular and I tend to just ignore it and wear my tank tops anyway, but sometimes people do remark and it kinda hurts... But that's ok, it's just me.

Anyone with some ideas or experienced the same thing? Would love to hear from you guys.

Love Bumblebee

Hi Bumblebee,

Yes me..growing up I was a tomboy, and like yourself I'm slim with female curves but always build muscle just from normal activities.

I used to wear my hair long for the same reasons too because I looked too boyish but as I've got older I've embraced that now and wear it short which I much prefer as I feel more 'me'.

I'm sure I get mistaken for a lesbian :huh: , and although I can appreciate femininity I have always been attracted to guys (probably more emotionally/romantically), and get on with them more easily.

To look at I would say I'm a definite mix between male and female, personality I'm more masculine although my interests are pretty neutral (like I'm not into sports but neither do I like shopping and girly stuff ).

Anyway you're not on your own.. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an Androgen gene.... ;)

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: I identify as androgyne. : ) I'm female-bodied and have always identified as my bio sex until very, very recently! I found this link regarding the androgyne/androgynous gender identity that really helped me figure myself out. Maybe you could check that out also and see if it fits you. : ) Also, check the Gender Discussions section of AVEN!! We're always having great conversations...and we're all really helpful, too if you wanna ask some questions there.

Everyone is different, so just be you! You gotta be who you're comfortable with being, regardless of what others say. I used to take offense to that...being mistaken for a boy. Now, I'm embracing my androgynous self. It's who I've always been (I've never felt like the other girls...), but it's like I just didn't want to admit it. It isn't about looks either. Gender identity is how you feel...who you are on the inside. Whether your outside matches or not doesn't matter. So you could be androgynous in appearance, but you still identify as female. Or you could identify as androgyne or another non-binary gender, but to everyone else, you look like a girly girl! It's whoever you are on the inside. I've got no muscles, and I have body parts that suggest (or scream lol) female, but I am androgyne in and out. : )

I wish you all the best!! Enjoy your stay!

546.jpg

Bumblebee Betty

Thank you so much for the welcome! I will have a look at the links you gave me.

Anybody else please post I would like to learn about your experiences

Pity we can't post pics...

Love

Bumblebee ^°^

Okay. I managed to update my profile picture.

Hi and welcome! You have nice looking arms (mine were always quite muscular too). I used to beat all the boys at arm wrestling when I was a kid. I'm pretty straight up feminine now though. :D I hope you love being a member here, the people are very diverse and supportive too! :)

MwPVxlp.jpg?1

Bumblebee Betty

@storminateacup have some cake? Hmmm yeah are you offering lol?

What's with the cakes guys? Is it just 'you can have your cake, and eat it too?'

Lol

Bumblebee

Hey, I'd say you've just managed to be who you are, and accepting of all your physical features. Welcome to AVEN.

@storminateacup have some cake? Hmmm yeah are you offering lol?

What's with the cakes guys? Is it just 'you can have your cake, and eat it too?'

Lol

Bumblebee

The inside joke is that "cake is better than sex"...but to me it's just a really awesome welcome gesture! :)

Bumblebee Betty

Oooh. Mmm mmm now your talking :) ;)

Thank you for the warm welcome guys!

Now where can I read more on similar topics as mine?

Archived