Is Apathromantic A Thing?

Klawaw

So, I remember a while back reading the term 'apathsexual', basically you don't really care about sex, not against it, not for it.

I've been wondering lately if apathromantic might also be a thing? Because that sounds like me. I don't really want a romantic relationship. If I really like someone emotionally or on a friendship level and they want to date me, I'll date them, but for the most part I just, don't care.

This happens a lot: "Klaw don't you want to date someone? Surely there have to be some cute people!" "I guess? Not really though."

I don't care. I'm learning to accept this lack of any emotion towards romance. Like, sometimes when I get really close to someone, I start thinking it might be nice to be in a relationship with them, but never to the point where I ever acted on it.

Does that count as aromantic? Because it's not that I don't ever feel romantic attraction, it's just that most of the time I don't care at all.

Also, in almost all of the romantic relationships I've had, the other has gotten really, really clingy, really fast, and that just makes me wonder if maybe there's something different about the way I work. I don't get clingy or jealous.

i don't even know why i wrote this i'm sorry

Sinead Buckley

Unless you're bothered by it and feel that you need to pin down what you're feeling with some sort of label, don't worry about it! If your heart isn't in it then don't date otherwise you'll just create unnecessary complications in the relationships you have with others.

Apathromantic would be easier to say than "I'm __romantic but have no romantic drive or desires."

But having no romantic drive is a thing.

There is also Lithromantic; which includes being indifferent to reciprocation. I'm both indifferent to being in a relationship with my crush and receiving reciprocation from them. I don't get clingy or jealous either. I guess I like them enough to respect their decisions and if that's what they truly want then why should I be mad?

You could also just go by gray-romantic since all of these are under it.

Archived