How to avoid 'Blue Balls'?

littlepersonparadox

I´m a woman and yes, there´s an equivalent of "blue balls". I have strong libido and if I don´t take care of it through masturbation, it can cause random arousal, which is mildly painful if I still don´t take care of it.

I wouldn´t mind it if I had asexual partner who would stop cuddling because of releasing his useless :D libido. I´m afraid I would have to do it too. :D

I wouldn´t mind even asexual partner masturbating during the cuddling session, if it could be done some discrete way. But the same situation with sexual would terrify me.

Random arusal can be caused by something?! And I'm not the only one who experiences it??? I have this haven every now and then just comes and goes not aimed at anything. I didn't say anything but its good to know that it's random for others too. I know other aces can have libido too, I just thought it wads just me it just come and goes randomly. It would come at odd times sometimes small sometimes more irritate ing and can't be ignored. Weirdest was in the middle of a math test. I'm focousing on my own screen and it hit me hard enough I had to use the bathroom :/. I just figured its something without cause.

• 2 months later...

If a thread is more than a month old and you have nothing significant to contribute, please do not revive it. This is called thread necromancy and is quite needless and rude. This is not to say "Don't post in old threads", but please be sure that what you are posting hasn't been covered in the thread already, and is something worth discussing further.

THIS POST CONTINUES TO HAVE A TMI Warning: The content I am about to discuss may be embarrassing/ too much information for some people. Please take warn.

Alright, I am posting in this old thread an update on what I have discovered about Vasocongestation. In the past few months the effects have decreased but I also noticed patterns that may be beneficial to others who are in similar situations. Please note that the following apply almost exclusively to male-bodied individuals. I do not have any information regarding the female-body counterpart.

General information

• The pain caused by Vasocongestation seems to be directly linked to libido.
  • The higher the libido, the more intense the pain.
  • Vasocongestation can be prevented by masturbating prior to an arousing experience.
  • NOTE: Masturbating prior to will not guarantee that it doesn't appear. It seems to have a correlation however.
  • Masturbation is a method from preventing further pain (Can be enacted at the beginning or during).
  • However it should be noted that the genitals will continue to be sore following.
  • Vasocongestation will naturally decrease in time (Anywhere between an hour to eight hours)
  • Masturbation & arousal are difficult under the affects of vasocongestation.
  • Upon climax, the semen is not as it should be.
  • It is much more a liquid than say "glue like"
  • The situations that cause vasocongestation seem to correlate with the degree of sexual activity previously attained.
  • Ex: Month 1: Cuddling would cause Vasocongestation. Month 2: Cuddling wouldn't but sexual touching would.
  • As further sexual boundaries are broken, the point at which vasocongestation is attained gets higher and higher.
  • There is a degree of desensitization with activities that reduce vasocongestation over time.

Methods of relieving vasocongestation (non-masturbation)

• The fetal position reduces pressure on the lower half of the body.
  • Arousal (maintaining an erection) also relieves vasocongestation while the erection is maintained.
  • Spooning is also excellent relief as it is fairly close to the fetal position.
  • NOTE: Spooning may be counter-productive as it is can be an arousing action.
  • It is suggested to breath deeply, laying on the back with legs tucked up to your chest. I have not had success with this action.
  • ​Pain medication such as Tylenol does have an impact in reducing the intensity of the pain.

Activities that increase the pain.

• Standing for long periods of time
  • Stretching the abdominal muscles
  • physical contact with the genitals (even light)
  • Physical activity occasionally reduces the pain (walking)

I know I performed a degree of thread necromancy. However I saw it beneficial to provide my findings in the form of an update in the thread related to the subject.
From now on I will update this specific post with any new information I discover (For the purpose of the future should anyone encounter it).

I don't think I've ever felt this, but thinking about it makes me weak in the stomach. :unsure:

Nameless Monster

This is something that I, too, suffer from fairly regularly, so I know how much of an inconvenience it can be.

I find that lying down comfortably on my back for a little while can help relieve the pain. I actually just did a Google search and found a website that supported this, along with a few other methods that I will be sure to try. I'll paste the entire relevant section below. Hopefully they can be of help to all of us.

"Most importantly, this condition is not dangerous or life threatening. If ejaculation does not occur, discomfort resolves within an hour. The following are some reliefs for blue balls.

• Get Sexual Release - Ejaculation will result in a decrease of the vasocongestion and the blood will then flow out of the groin area. This is the most effective way to relieve blue balls. Masturbation will provide almost instantaneous relief.
  • Lie Down - This remedy works by helping divert some of the blood flow away from groin and also alleviates pressure. Lying down will also help relax you.
  • Try Massage - Gentle massage of the testicles and scrotum can alleviate blood pooling and decrease the discomfort. Your partner may choose this as a way to prolong the sexual encounter while preventing blue balls.
  • Take A Hot Bath - Warm water will provide relaxation and ease some of the testicular discomfort.
  • Apply Cold Compress - The effect of cold is to constrict blood vessels. This may help with blue balls by decreasing additional blood flow into the area.
  • Lift A Heavy Object - Anytime a heavy object is lifted, the pressure inside the abdomen and pelvis increases. This may help to decrease the blood flow to the testicles and alleviate some of the pressure."

To reply to Knout I'm okay with masturbating and would probably do it once I arrive home (an hour drive home I might add). It just seems gross and rude to my partner, and embarrassing since they'll obviously know why.

I would hope that if your partner cares about your well-being they would understand. I wouldn't hold it against someone that they excrete waste (I read "Everybody Poops" as a kid), so why should ejaculation be any worse?

• Like 1
  • 8 years later...
On 10/15/2014 at 1:43 AM, PurebredMuggle said:

Ok, this might be derailing, and I apologise but now I'm confused. I've heard that blueballs are just a myth and something that been used by guys who think it's all right to pressure women for sex. They made it up to make women feel bad for turning the guy on and then refusing to 'put out.' I get the part about it being uncomfortable, and the mid pain your describing, and it sounds nothing like the horror stories that I've heard that some guys will complain about, and that I've concluded to be untrue after some research on anatomy.

So seeing as this is a thread full of ace people who still say they experience it, and I'm sure have no intention of using it to get sex, I'm like what did I miss?

I can't believe i'm replying to a 9 year old post but i had to, i didn’t know this was a real thing either, i mean i've heard the word "dick-teaser" before (used by disgusting jerks) but i've made the same assumption that u made tho mine was much more negative