Has anyone actually found another asexual in real life?

Whirleh

A couple from my high school. She told me after seeing my ring and also shared that another person (whom she's friends with) from our batch was also an ace. :)

romantic-woman

I have found someone who was born in the same hospital and same room with me. I found her on aven and when we spoke about each other we saw that we were born same day same hour and same room but we finally met on aven. LOL

I have also met some people when i was younger and they weren't interested in sex

I saw this girl at my school, She was wearing a sweater that said "Asexual pirate doesn't want your booty." And she was super cute too.... I stood behind her in the lunch line, and she pulled out her wallet, and she had an ace flag key chain. So now I just kinda stalk her (that sounds weird) around school because I am too shy to introduce myself. hehe.

• 2 weeks later...

This post is kinda old but I just found it so yeahhhh haha

There's a girl at my college (one of my best friends' roommates actually) who's asexual which is pretty awesome!

I'm pretty sure my mother is, based on her mannerisms about sex and conversations we have. But she's not the type for labels, nor do I think she knows there's a label for it. Part of why I was so confused growing up, because she's asexual and I am too, and most the world isn't lol. But I've never met anyone outside of her who've told me they are.

Don't Sex Me Bro

There were a few people I have encountered who were wearing black rings. Strangely enough, I met them in Texas. Was never confirmed if they actually were asexual, or if there is some new mix of gold that looks black and was trending at the time. Didn't know how to confirm their orientation, and am not going to even attempt to glean that information from residents of a state that has full gun support. There's still hope that I'll have a chance to meet a fellow ace here in California.

I currently use this avatar on Facebook and my friend's friend recognized it from AVEN, so yeah I guess I do know a random AVENite, though he isn't actually asexual.

Sadly I haven't met anyone in real life who is asexual.

I sort of suspect one friend might be, but we're never really talking it.

However, (since I am not making a huge secret out of it) I often wear my black ring while going out :) in the faint hope that someone may recognise it!

I met someone who lied to me that he was ace, went on a date with me and groped me. That wasn't a good night.

Sadly I haven't met anyone in real life who is asexual.

I sort of suspect one friend might be, but we're never really talking it.

However, (since I am not making a huge secret out of it) I often wear my black ring while going out :) in the faint hope that someone may recognise it!

Though I haven't come out to anyone in real life yet, I still wanna get a black ring just to see if anyone notices it.

Though I haven't come out to anyone in real life yet, I still wanna get a black ring just to see if anyone notices it.

That's also part of the reason why I wear it! But my friends thing nothing of it. It's just a piece of jewellery :/

That's also part of the reason why I wear it! But my friends thing nothing of it. It's just a piece of jewellery :/

I'm surprised nobody's even questioned it honestly. People used to question if my high school class ring was an engagement ring and I would just be like "uhhh I'm only 17, why would you even think that?".

As far as I'm aware, I've only met one other asexual outside of AVEN. We were put in the same block of dorms when we both applied for onsite accommodation at an anime convention. Actually, I hated her for a long time! I was very jealous of her for one reason or another, but eventually I came clean and told her everything, and now we're actually quite good friends.

I found out she was asexual from a mutual friend, who kept trying to tell me "It's okay! She's not after your boyfriend! She's asexual!" - I did try to tell her it was never about my boyfriend, but I don't think she ever believed me...

So the other day I found out it was Asexual Awareness week because the chick who has been sitting next to me all term came to class with a pair of Ace gloves! She's just exploring the spectrum, but I'm so happy!

I totally just discovered an ace in a writing group I have. They had the ring and I wanted to thing they were but also didn't want to assume. Two years later, they mentioned asexuality so I asked and it turned out they really were ace. I feel kind of cool about it haha

I met my partner on my bus ride home. :) I didn't know they were asexual at first, but I eventually found out by seeing their ring and the fact that they said they were romantically attracted to either gender. <3

Haven't met any over Aces that I know of. Then again, I only discovered that I wasn't the only one out there that was like this about 2 months ago.

On the other hand, I've never had any problems with telling people I'm just not interested in sex or having a romantic relationship & no one's ever piped up & said 'Same with me, chica! Fist bump, yo!', so probably not.

Yes, though neither of us knew the other was ace at the time, and in my case I had no idea that *I* was ace at the time either!

Also met someone through FB that is ace, so yes, it is possible to meet aces outside of AVEN.

It's weird when you do though :D

I mean, of course we have, yes. But expanding on my question, has anyone ever found another asexual because they were wearing the black ring or the flag colors? Or even because they made some obscure reference to cake? Or even more interesting, has anyone ever found out that they knew a fellow AVENite in real life?

I'm curious if the "subtle signs" we put out have actually worked in reeling anyone in.

Thanks in advance :cake:

I did know someone in real life and found out they were asexual when we both showed up for the same asexual meetup. That was a surprise. However it wasn't a subtle sign like a ring, or wearing flag colors that made us discover each other. It was our mutual decision to go to the meetup. We still see each other "in real life" but do not acknowledge to anyone else in our circle that we are asexuals. We are not really out in the context where we know each other "in real life".

Most of the asexuals I have met in real life are because I met them online and we arranged to meet in person or I went to an asexual meetup.

I actually don't wear a black ring, or wear the flag colors, or anything else so I don't put up the subtle signs. I do tend to come out pretty easily though but have yet to have a reciprocal coming out happen back at me. I did get someone saying in real life that they thought they might be asexual after I came out to them. I come out when it comes up naturally in conversation. This last time I came out was on a hike with my hiking group at lunch. We were talking about how we took public transportation to events and I was relating how I was going to such and such a place for a meetup and was asked what meetup. It was an asexual meetup so I took that opportunity to come out ;-)

Cathy

The sister of a friend posted about Asexual Awareness Week on FaceBook a few days ago. It was awesome to finally connect with someone who "knew."

I walked in on a conversation about sex toys and my ears perked up.

Some coworkers were discussing how one of them didn't want to get married and the girl turned to me and just said "Yeah. I'm asexual."

The look on my face was probably priceless and I about started crying.

Well, we hugged and it was quite an awesome experience. I don't think she knows how much that moment meant to me. ^_^

I know an asexual irl, but not from the ring or if they are on this site. We have great conversations....we have so much in common...I found out she was asexual after meeting her and it is such a blessing. We have great times together without weird tmi conversations or wanting to do things that may make me uncomfortable.

Yep.

The first was openly Demi with me for over a year and she was sort of my gateway to exploring this side of things and eventually figuring out my own sexuality.

And in fact, one of my friends came out to me about a week after I was sleeping over at her house and admitted that I was pretty sure about my sexuality. It was really sweet because she told me that finding out I'm ace was really encouraging to her because the chances of meeting other Ace/Grace people is so rare. (:

Not by subtle signs like a ring or flag, but I've encountered a LOT of asexuals since I started becoming semi-open with friends. I am a student living on a college campus, but the sheer number of aces that have come out of the woodwork has shocked me. Several of my friends came out to me as ace (after I'd known them for over a year). One of my roommates turned out to be demisexual. Also, one of my ace friends introduced me to their demisexual partner, who is now my friend as well. I've also met other aces in classes (two more), LGBT+ events, and even an ace specific event (where I met some fairly well-known asexuals.) I've also had a longtime friend from my home part of the country come out to me. One person even guessed I was asexual just from being around me (I had only told one person, ever, at this point.)

Sarcastic Bob

Can't say so myself, but my doctor once mentioned that there are a load of people he's seen who he's almost certain are asexual.

*raises hand* I found one,meet her in August, haven't seen her since, but we stay in touch by email, Skype etc. Before I met her, I was very close to making up an imaginary asexual friend, because I thought that was the only way I would ever meet another asexual.

I need to caveat the above .....I can't guarantee that this asexual friend I mentioned is real ..... She could still be a figment of my imagination ....I suppose :)

House of Chimeras

Once met another asexual once thanks to AVEN as we both went to the same university. Other than that, have never met someone who as asexual (or more correctly knew they were) face-to-face.

I was actually introduced to asexuality because an old acquaintance of mine casually brought up that she identified as such. Since then, I haven't met any asexual people in person, but I met one person who was very educated about it which was equally as pleasant.

Archived