Has anyone actually found another asexual in real life?

Whirleh

11 minutes ago, Retrobot said:

But what is real life

I'm sorry, I had to

I've got Jaden Smith on the line. We're gonna get to the bottom of this.

J. van Deijck
15 minutes ago, Retrobot said:

But what is real life

I'm sorry, I had to

this is a question :D

probably it doesn't count well, but my bf says that demi-homosexual would describe his orientation the best.

but! my sister is still questioning, yet she says she's most likely a grey-biromantic ace. and if so, then yes I know another ace in real life. :D

My close friend is demisexual just like me. First she came out to me as asexual but recently she started dating someone. I asked her if she talked to him about her being an ace. She told me in that moment that she's demisexual for sure. I'm so happy that I have someone who understands me and is on my side no matter what. 

• 11 months later...
Groovy Teacakes

Since going to university I’ve met at least 4 people in my college who are ace. There seems to be a remarkably high concentration here!

One of my best friends is ace, we’ve been friends scince either of us told eachother.

One of my friends of nine years also turned out to be ace. I also met my best friend, roommate, and QPR partner at my college orientation. We did not learn we were both aro/ace till a month or two after getting to know each other. I also know of a married aro/ace couple on my campus, but I have only briefly talked to them. Other than that I have heard people say things like they know there roommate is ace, but I've never met those people. 

One of my high school friends I still talk to is on the ace spectrum. But sadly we go to different colleges so I don't know any aces at my school. The closest thing though was where I heard two people talking to each other and one of them mentioned that her friend was asexual soooo 

I have an acquaintance that's Demisexual, and my very close friend is questioning if he's on the asexuality spectrum. 

AcornCarvings

Quite a few, I know a few from high school (i didn't learn they were ace-spectrum until after I graduated though lol) and I have met a few more in college. I'm super close and I guess kinda romantic-ey with one of my college ace friends, and I know two others too.

I know two other aces. But I only saw them once a week in a drama class that I did. But now we are in different classes so I don’t see them anymore. I knew one of them was ace since I met them, the other one I found out about literally on the last day cause we were just talking and it came up

Not anyone in real life, but I haven't searched too much yet.  😇

Strange But Not a Stranger

No. But I haven't actively searched or anything.

Trying to randomly run into an ace IRL is like trying to find a shiny Pokémon 😅. I’ve actually overheard someone talking about asexuality when I was on a walk randomly but I was with my family and stuff and didn’t want to make things awkward. 

I have! When me and my best friend were explaining what my ace ring was to another of my best friends, we were doing it in front of a few of my other friends. One of them was obviously half listening in and asked me what the ring meant. When I told her it was a symbol of asexuality, she told me she was asexual as well. It was a magical moment! 😍

i've never met anyone who's ace irl and honestly i would love to do so! maybe when i start uni and meet new people ... also maybe when i myself tell anyone i'm asexual lmao, it's possible i've met someone who's ace that just haven't told anyone just like me i guess

I actually have! A friend I had known for quite awhile described himself as asexual when we were talking one day. It was a suprise to learn an asexual was right underneath my nose!

I’ve never met another ace as a result of my pride stuff (I have an ace pin on my denim jacket and I never leave the house without my ace ring) but at my family’s New Year’s party this year I found out that my godmother’s daughter, who’s a little over a year younger than me, is aro/ace.

the_alternative

Nope, although I've moved a countless amount of times, I never got to see or talk to a fellow asexual, which is mainly the reason I use this site.

I've met somebody who's my core-opposite tho, a guy who is aromantic bisexual. It was interesting to talk to him, but I had a feeling I'd never be able to understand him.

CaptainMarvel

I have one, possibly two (she was wearing a black ring on her middle finger but I didn’t have the courage to ask about it) friends that are ace and I know  for a fact there are at least two others at my school

• 3 weeks later...

Yes! One of my college friends was aroace and i didnt even realize until the third year weve known each other ahhaha

We were roommates for three years and she told me she was ao relieved that i was similar to her hahhaha

We all probably have, but didn't know it, because we don't wear labels.

Ehh first time I met someone else who was asexual was before I even knew I was asexual.(didn't know I was because I was "I have crushes so definitely I must be gay") Back in 2012 a friend of mine in highschool straight up told me she was asexual and I just let it fly completely over my head. I ended up just nodding and said okay and then I went back to reading The Name of the Wind. Looking back I hate how oblivious I was to LGBT stuff since all I did was just read books all the damn time. 

Archived