AVEN 2014 Survey

Member54880

I completed it...and compliment its compilers. I appreciate it's a biggie...but how far-off are results likely to be? Cia :huh:

Yeah, I had a problem with the education lavel question too.

I think it would have been better if you had formulated this question descriptely, instead of giving lots of abbreviations with may not be easily translatable to other languages.

Left some feedback on the surey but forgot one other thing! The question about would you want to change your orientation, that could do with an 'unsure' option as I couldn't answer that with a definate yes or no.

ZombiesAsAMetaphor

Done c: I also didn't quite know what to put for the education question, haha. Went with what sounded about right.

I completed it...and compliment its compilers. I appreciate it's a biggie...but how far-off are results likely to be? Cia :huh:

Having done survey analysis before, I can say it takes a really long time (ie many months to a year). But we're planning to publish previews and preliminary reports somewhere.

Yeah, I had a problem with the education lavel question too.

I think it would have been better if you had formulated this question descriptely, instead of giving lots of abbreviations with may not be easily translatable to other languages.

We're aware of problems with the education level question, especially since people are taking this survey all over the world. It's more of a matter of, we're not sure how exactly to improve it.

Left some feedback on the surey but forgot one other thing! The question about would you want to change your orientation, that could do with an 'unsure' option as I couldn't answer that with a definate yes or no.

I think that particular question could have benefited from an unsure option. Remember that you can always leave it blank, which would effectively remove you from the statistics for that question.

Done it. Curious to see the results. ^_^

Done :) And I've shared it with a lot of people too - asexuals, non-asexuals, inbetweeners and such.

I'll look forward to see the results! :D

I think that particular question could have benefited from an unsure option. Remember that you can always leave it blank, which would effectively remove you from the statistics for that question.

Ahh, I wasn't aware I could leave parts of the questionare blank. ^^

Done, very interesting survey.

Although the "Race/Ethnicity" question might confuse some people from non-English speaking countries. At least as a German, I wasn't sure what to answer.

I'm confused... Can anybody tell me what kind of answers are expected in the "race/ethnicity" question? Thanks!

Since oyu have different brances of christianity and judaism, you should also include the two main branches of "Muslim" and "other". Other than that I have done it ^_^ And good work! :)

the bumbling rotifer

Done. I hope I've passed.

done-diddly-one, okily dokily

it is a very well made survey

Although the "Race/Ethnicity" question might confuse some people from non-English speaking countries. At least as a German, I wasn't sure what to answer.

I'm confused... Can anybody tell me what kind of answers are expected in the "race/ethnicity" question? Thanks!

For the countries with the most respondents (US, UK, and Canada), we have a different set of questions, based on the national censuses in those countries. The rest have a write-in question, which we hope to backcode. I do not know what sort of ethnicities are understood in your country, but you should answer by those.

Since oyu have different brances of christianity and judaism, you should also include the two main branches of "Muslim" and "other". Other than that I have done it ^_^ And good work! :)

Ideally, the groups should be subdivided according to how big they are. For example, if Buddhists are already <1%, there's not much sense in further subdividing. However, the choices we have are not really subdivided in the best way. We would like to fix this for future surveys.

Many people have complained that isn't an "other" choice. It's one of our biggest goofs! If you're in a group not listed, leave the question blank.

I'll take the test later, but I'm going to have to lie/guess on the education part at least....

Feel free to just leave it blank if you're unsure.

For the countries with the most respondents (US, UK, and Canada), we have a different set of questions, based on the national censuses in those countries. The rest have a write-in question, which we hope to backcode. I do not know what sort of ethnicities are understood in your country, but you should answer by those.

We don't really have officiel names for the different ethnicities in Europe. It's totally illegal to use them in order to avoid any racist laws and statistics, on papers or in statistics, at least in my country, and I believe hat we have common laws about it in all European Union.

I suppose that the corret answer to the question could be either "Caucasian" or "European".

*raises hand* I completed my test Miss. Just one question. You won't use this information against me in court will you?

I managed to complete it once I realized I could leave some parts blank. :)

Completed!

Looking forward to seeing the results :D

Archived