AVEN 2014 Survey

Member54880

*raises hand* I completed my test Miss. Just one question. You won't use this information against me in court will you?

Yes, we will file a death sentence on you for being asexual. HOW DARE YOU?! :P

I appreciated that there were options for "I don't identify with a romantic orientation" and "I don't differentiate between platonic and romantic attraction" on several of the questions. I doubt many people will pick those options, but I was glad they were there - otherwise, I would have had to do a lot of mental gymnastics trying to decide how to answer those questions. I still had to leave all the questions about the strength/direction of romantic attraction blank, though. :P

Done.

Will you publish the results somewhere?

Yes, we will publish the results on AVEN. It should take some time to get the whole analysis done, but a preliminary result will be published before that.
I'm not insane

Done! I appreciate how you included the range of intensity with your sexual identity. Nice job!

Marshmallow Tree

I always have problems answering ethnic questions. My mother's white and my father's black; they've lived in Britain since they were born. I associate myself with British culture and society but if I choose 'white' people say it's incorrect due to my father's coloured background. It depends how far you go back but his family are also British citizens and live by British culture...I don't consider myself mixed however as I don't share the values of my father's ancestors.

Most solid evidence I've seen so far re: how much this movement has evolved. Proud!

Aisntllecxtual

Done! Enjoyed completing it. I also didn't know you could leave questions blank. I wrote up a couple of lengthy comments at the end: had a problem answering the romantic portion of the survey; can some answers be seemingly contradictory? Not only am I from the planet ace, I am a paradoxical alien and some of my answers in context are perplexing, apparently irrational but purposeful, honest. Is there a black uniformed logic police for submissions? :ph34r: If there is, I'll be locked up for sure! Ha, ha, ha!!

Done :cake:

that lady is a tramp

Done ! Curious to see the results.

Thanks to AVENwiki I could answer most ot the question.

The survey is very good, felt like a self contemplation in a way :)

Done!

Now, question"religion" is difficult for a lot of Japanese. A lot of Japanese(include me) don't have concept about religion.

For example, see(or hear) the bells on New Year's Eve(like Buddist), invoke year's happy on New Year's Day in Shinto shrine(like Shinto-Japanese traditional religion), congratulate X'mas with eating cakes(like Christian), and so on.

I shared this survey on asexual.jp(http://www.asexual.jp/). One of the asexuality site written in Japanese.

(But it seems difficult to answer a lot of Japanese, because survey is written in English. A lot of Japanese have an aversion to read/write English.)

If survey administrator give me permissions for translate survey questions to Japanese, I will make translate page on my site.

(Now I sent e-mail to administrator.)

I wish a lot of Japanese aces answer this survey.

If survey administrator give me permissions for translate survey questions to Japanese, I will make translate page on my site.

(Now I sent e-mail to administrator.)

I wish a lot of Japanese aces answer this survey.

Yes, you have permission. :) Another person probably sent you a message with the details.

I appreciated that there were options for "I don't identify with a romantic orientation" and "I don't differentiate between platonic and romantic attraction" on several of the questions. I doubt many people will pick those options, but I was glad they were there - otherwise, I would have had to do a lot of mental gymnastics trying to decide how to answer those questions. I still had to leave all the questions about the strength/direction of romantic attraction blank, though. :P

Hah, the platonic/romantic one actually caused an issue for me regardless. I couldn't decide if I differentiate between the two or if I do, exactly how. XD

Yes, you have permission. :) Another person probably sent you a message with the details.

Thanks for your reply. I'll make a page for transfer survey page to Japanese tomorrow night(Japan Standard Time),and publish on my site.

And waiting a message with the details.

Done!

Elaine Watson

I found that "Race/Ethnicity" was an unanswerable question. My ethnicity is too mixed and nonexistent, and it has a name only in Israel.

I received a message with the details and replied.

Then I choice "make guide page written in Japanese and link to your survey page".

I make "AVEN 2014 Survey Japanese Guide Page" on my site.

http://www.asexual.jp/survey_jptrans.php

There are a link to survey, attentions, FAQs on survey's page, Questions and Answers translated in Japanese.

Site viewer can answer survey page written in English with referencing from Japanese translation guide.

I make a effort to translate same meaning. If viewing Japanese speaker this post, please check my site and advice.

(In Japan, there's a difference between aromantic and romantic.....Asexual=aromantic asexual and Nonsexual=romantic asexual.

So Inform this survey's "Asexual" means Japanese "Asexual" and "Nonsexual".)

========below is written in Japanese (almost same)========

「AVEN 2014調査(日本語訳ガイド)」を作りました。

調査ページへのリンクや注意点、よくある質問(FAQ)と、質問や回答の選択肢の日本語訳が書かれています。

日本語の質問・回答の選択肢を見ながら、英語版の調査ページに回答出来ます。

出来るだけ同じ意味になるようにしています。もし日本語のわかる方がこの書き込みを見ていらっしゃいましたら、確認して頂き、またご指摘頂けますでしょうか。

(日本では、Aセクシャル(aromantic asexual)とノンセクシャル(romantic asexual)が分かれていますが、この調査では「Aセクシャル」は両方とも含みます。)

「AVEN 2014調査(日本語訳ガイド)」を作りました。

調査ページへのリンクや注意点、よくある質問(FAQ)と、質問や回答の選択肢の日本語訳が書かれています。

日本語の質問・回答の選択肢を見ながら、英語版の調査ページに回答出来ます。

出来るだけ同じ意味になるようにしています。もし日本語のわかる方がこの書き込みを見ていらっしゃいましたら、確認して頂き、またご指摘頂けますでしょうか。

(日本では、Aセクシャル(aromantic asexual)とノンセクシャル(romantic asexual)が分かれていますが、この調査では「Aセクシャル」は両方とも含みます。)

Thanks for translating the survey! Do you mind if I put the text on the survey page?

Archived