AVEN 2014 Survey

Member54880

Thanks for translating the survey! Do you mind if I put the text on the survey page?

No problem!

I'm happy to put the text on the survey page!

Thanks for translating the survey! Do you mind if I put the text on the survey page?

No problem!

I'm happy to put the text on the survey page!

Thank you for putting the text on the survey page!

It seems too long, so I create short version.

========Japanese========

「AVEN 2014調査(日本語訳ガイド)」。質問や回答の選択肢の日本語訳です。 日本語訳を見ながら英語版の調査に回答出来ます。 (アセクシャルとノンセクシャルは両方Aセクシャルとして回答して下さい。)

========In English(almost same)========

"AVEN 2014 survey(Japanese translated guide)". This page has Questions and Answer options written in Japanese. You can answer the English version survey with viewing translated Japanese. (Please answer Japanese"Asexual" and Japanese"Nonsexual" are both "Asexual".)

Filled it all in, thanks

Completed. Just a few suggestions though. I think the part where they ask what relationship you'd prefer, you could add 'queerplatonic' and for the bit where they ask 'Which of the following labels would you most likely use to describe yourself?' where answers are celibate etc. 'sex-repulsed' could be added. Also for the part where you ask how you feel about taking part in sex where the answers are 'indifferent,' 'repulsed,' you could also add an 'unsure' or 'mixed' option.

Also just because people live in a specific country, doesn't mean their national identity lies with that country. I think the 'other' option for the national identity bit would also help.

Really look forward to the results, particularly about age. It seems as if the magical age of finding out/identifying as an ace is usually 19 around here. I have no idea I'm just noticing that simply because I am 19, or just am conveniently seeing a lot of threads stating the similar occurrence.

Completed. Just a few suggestions though. I think the part where they ask what relationship you'd prefer, you could add 'queerplatonic' and for the bit where they ask 'Which of the following labels would you most likely use to describe yourself?' where answers are celibate etc. 'sex-repulsed' could be added. Also for the part where you ask how you feel about taking part in sex where the answers are 'indifferent,' 'repulsed,' you could also add an 'unsure' or 'mixed' option.

Also just because people live in a specific country, doesn't mean their national identity lies with that country. I think the 'other' option for the national identity bit would also help.

We can't change any of the questions or answer options, because we need to ensure consistency of data. However, we use this information to inform survey questions in later years.

In response to specific comments:

-You may write in "queerplatonic". If it's a popular answer, we will add that option in the future. Please note that the omission of any option does not reflect any prejudice against that option. Mostly we just tried to guess the most popular answers in order to diminish the amount of labor required to interpret write-ins.

-You may write in "sex-repulsed" if that is the label you prefer to describe your lack of sexual activity.

-We've gotten many requests to add in "mixed or unsure" to the indifferent/repulsed/favorable question. We may add it in the future. For now, you may skip the question if none of the answers make sense.

-I agree about the UK national identity question. For now, you may skip the question if none of the answers make sense.

Notte stellata

Regarding "queerplatonic" as an option for the preferred relationship style question, I don't think it's mutually exclusive with the current options - a queerplatonic relationship can be monogamous, polyamorous, or sexually open. These relationship styles can apply to nonromantic relationships. But in the future we may incorporate both the romantic vs. nonromantic and the open vs. closed dimensions in the relationship style options.

I'm all surveyed out!!! :blink:

Can't guarantee that none of my answers were affected by my caffeine intake and the return of my insomnia however, but I'm relatively certain that I haven't marked myself down as a deeply religious, highly sexual, 90 year old man. Only the results will tell though!!! :ph34r:

Really look forward to the results, particularly about age. It seems as if the magical age of finding out/identifying as an ace is usually 19 around here. I have no idea I'm just noticing that simply because I am 19, or just am conveniently seeing a lot of threads stating the similar occurrence.

Actually, I'm not completely sure about other people, but I found out and identified as an ace when I was 19.

genderirrelevant

Yukimsさん、ありがとうございました!ご苦労様!

Yukimsさん、ありがとうございました!ご苦労様!

こちらこそ、お役にたててうれしいです。ありがとうございます!

(Note: I'm on the survey team)

So many americans on aven :o

Keep in mind that the survey is only about a quarter from AVEN. I suspect AVEN is somewhat more international than other communities, but not by much.

I'm fairly sure the nationality percentages mostly come from population + internet adoption + english proficiency.

Strange that the number of British AVENites is so low.

Strange that the number of British AVENites is so low.

There are 5 times more people in the USA than the UK. AVEN has probably had more media attention in NA than the UK too.

The intro-outline of results was well-presented and I look forward to future details.

One result that surprised startled me was the gender-identity breakdown results. Probably predictable results thru previous surveys, but the relative bio-gender dis-proportion [male/female] was far greater than I'd have foreseen.

Cia :)

The intro-outline of results was well-presented and I look forward to future details.

One result that surprised startled me was the gender-identity breakdown results. Probably predictable results thru previous surveys, but the relative bio-gender dis-proportion [male/female] was far greater than I'd have foreseen.

Cia :)

The gender results are very similar to the AAW survey in 2011. Another thing the AAW survey showed is that there are slightly more men on AVEN than in other communities (16% on AVEN and 13% in general).

Not hugely surprised by the gender breakdown, particularly in terms of the numbers of men here. Looks like you've possibly got your work cut out if you're a heteromantic woman looking to date an ace guy

To the census team: On google surveys is common to have the responses of one respontent duplicated (because they click "send" to times...). Did you keep in mind that? Maybe you dindn't see it because there were more than 15000 respondents.

And about the race I couldn't check (how it says in the results), I had to write it and I din't know wich races you consider. I dind't have a list of options, maybe only the people from US could see the list?

For the census team: On google surveys is common to have the responses of one respontent duplicated (because they click "send" to times...). Did you keep in mind that? Maybe you dindn't see it because there were more than 15000 respondents.

And about the race I couldn't check (how it says in the results), I had to write it and I din't know wich races you consider. I dind't have a list of options, maybe only the people from US could see the list?

We are aware of duplicates, and have ways to remove them.

We had separate ethnicity questions for the most common nationalities (US, UK, and Canada), based on the national census questions from those countries. For other countries, we just ask people to write it. This saves a lot of labor interpreting write-in responses, and also allows us to compare to national statistics.

Archived