:cake:

binary suns

There are people who are not, for some reason or other, able to physically change their biological gender to fit the psychological gender. They are still - if they identify as such - transgender. There are also those who are agender or bigender or genderqueer and so on, and some of them might not feel a need to physically adjust their body, so long as they can dress and present more androgynous. As I understand, it is very individual. Someone may, I think, identify as transgender without necessarily wishing to do something about it, or, indeed, without being able to do something about it.

I used to feel that way, that I could live with this body, even if it wasn't right. For a long time, it worked. It was fine when the only thing I had to do was be presentable at school. Now I have to tick boxes on whether I am male or female, and I hate it, because it feels like I am lying every time I say female. Besides that, just seeing myself in the mirror is more demoralising than anything else.

nerdperson777

I feel that way. I don't really take risks and I like to be safe so I'm not thinking about transitioning myself with HRT or doing surgery. I often just get used to things whether I like it or not, since my parents showed me the pessimistic side of reality really young. They didn't fluff anything up by giving me a bunch of toys and giving me extravagant praise for the good things I did. That's all before I identified myself anywhere on the transgender spectrum. I don't like the female body but I'm dealing with it. There are some things I do like about being female but I mostly would enjoy male ones. I like to change things that are within my control, like my physical appearance. Stuff like HRT and surgery are not and I don't like the uncertainty of it so I rather stay how I am. I say I'm a boy inside, not a man so a higher voice and a lack of much testosterone is fine with me.

citizenofAcity

And I'm one of those other cases where I do have the desire to undergo HRT because of my social dysphoria. I have no problem with my body, but it's because of my body that I get misgendered every second of the day. It's downright unbearable for me.

Makalasterlove

Gender is social and cultural differences. If you transgender you go against what you society and culture deems "normal". I'm agender, I do not wish to change my body with hormones or surgery. I can tuck and just shave off my body hair; I would feel comfortable with myself if I just did that. Technically, that us going against the gender structure of the society in the United States. If I present androgynously.

• 3 months later...

Archived