? relationship? help me?

igatun

ok. hooooooly crap.

So, a few days ago, this guy came up to me after a class we have together and said something along the lines of 'hey, I think you're really cute, do you want to go get coffee sometime and get to know each other' and while my poor brain was still reeling from this, my mouth decided to say 'sure'

And so coffee was had, and he seems like a really interesting person, but

(1), I have never, ever been in a relationship before (or on a date) and this is really scary

(2), I don't even know if I would enjoy being in a relationship or if I have time for one right now

(3), I don't want there to be any misconceptions about sex, because that is something that is not happening with me

So in conclusion, I am terrible at human interactions in general and don't know what to do, and am also freaking out a little, so help please?

Next time you go with him, if you decide to again, be upfront about at least a few of your qualities (aromanticism/WTFromanticism would be a good place to start). If he is still interested, and you are willing, give it a hesitant shot. That's just my two cents, I'm not an expert.

Do YOU like him? You don't have to date every person that thinks your'e cute lol. If you aren't sure make sure to tell him that you'd like more time to get to know him better. You don't have to jump into anything if you don't want to :)

Good Luck!

Touchofinsight

ok. hooooooly crap.

So, a few days ago, this guy came up to me after a class we have together and said something along the lines of 'hey, I think you're really cute, do you want to go get coffee sometime and get to know each other' and while my poor brain was still reeling from this, my mouth decided to say 'sure'

(1), I have never, ever been in a relationship before (or on a date) and this is really scary

(2), I don't even know if I would enjoy being in a relationship or if I have time for one right now

(3), I don't want there to be any misconceptions about sex, because that is something that is not happening with me

So in conclusion, I am terrible at human interactions in general and don't know what to do, and am also freaking out a little, so help please?

You dated him once, you don't need to do anything more if you don't feel compelled to.

Just because you went out on a "Date" doesn't demand a response or the "next step" to be taken. If hes still interested in you he will ask you again to go out and do something. At which time you can say no, or clarify and say while I enjoyed hanging out you should know I am not looking for any type of romantic relationship at the moment. If your interested in being friends with him, if your not just say no thanks I am not interested.

That simple, stay calm and speak your mind and it will be fine.

Best of luck

Touch!

Do YOU like him? You don't have to date every person that thinks your'e cute lol. If you aren't sure make sure to tell him that you'd like more time to get to know him better. You don't have to jump into anything if you don't want to :)

Good Luck!

:) thanks. I think that part of my freaking out is because I don't know if I like him or not (I mean, I've only talked to him for... an hour, tops) and I don't even know if I like anyone in a romantic way and it's just really confusing and... gah.

But after thinking about this for quite a while, I think I have come to the conclusion that I don't want to date him right now.

ok. hooooooly crap.

You dated him once, you don't need to do anything more if you don't feel compelled to.

Just because you went out on a "Date" doesn't demand a response or the "next step" to be taken. If hes still interested in you he will ask you again to go out and do something. At which time you can say no, or clarify and say while I enjoyed hanging out you should know I am not looking for any type of romantic relationship at the moment. If your interested in being friends with him, if your not just say no thanks I am not interested.

That simple, stay calm and speak your mind and it will be fine.

Best of luck

Touch!

Thank you very much for your advice! It really helped a lot. My mind has been very agitated lately and this helped me realize that I don't want to date him (or anyone) right now.

Archived