1 member has voted

1. 1. How much do you feel asexual

• 100%
    • 75% - 99%
    • 50% - 74%
    • 25% - 49%
    • less than 25%

This poll is closed to new votes

this is just for fun but also trying to be more informed about who and what our aven community is. So, it's not a discussion thing or a challenge thing so please only poll if you want too.

I've tried to do it in chunks as I know the project team have mentioned a forum census sometime in the future so again ..only enter if you want too

the bumbling rotifer

75-99 %, because I'm a perverted ace (aka asexual fetishist :p)

I know I could still identify as 100 % ace, but 75-99 % is how I feel.

Mild TMI alert :ph34r:

I feel a whole lotta kinky sensual attraction for my sweetie, but I have no desire for, or enjoyment of, the act of sexual intercourse itself. No matter how aroused I am, my body just doesn't associate that arousal with requiring sexual intercourse, if that makes sense? and if I did have sex, I know from experience that I hate it. May as well poke my bellybutton with a stick for all the pleasure sex gives me.

I am as kinky and perverted as they come (I am an ace fetishist) and feel plenty of desire and arousal (mental, sexual, and emotional) when being intimate with my partner.. that kinkiness, and that arousal however, does not equate in any way to me needing/desiring/being able to enjoy, sex.

I don't identify as Grey-A, or Demisexual, as from what I understand, both of these are able to enjoy and desire sex under certain limited circumstances, and this categorically does not apply to me. So.. I identify as demisensual (able to feel sensual attraction when in love), and I feel pretty much completely asexual (that is: without sex) .. if that makes sense?

heh, it's 1am and I am exhausted, so there is a good chance none of that made any sense at all... but, I have answered in the poll that I feel 100% asexual, because I 100% know for a fact that I am unable to enjoy or desire sex and that will never change.

Yes, I know that many people here have varying ideas of what actually constitutes sex, but for me personally, sex is anything that requires my underwear to come off (ie cunnilingus or any form of vaginal penetration)

End of mild TMI ^_^ heh

and now I am going to bed!!!

you can always spot the professional mathmetician/accountant a mile off

(A)rrogant Avian

I picked 75% - 99%, because I don't want to feel as though I'm arrogant....

the bumbling rotifer

I picked 75% - 99%

Ermahgerd, Arrogant Avian is 1 % sexual? Ban them! Get them out! They have no place here! :p

binary suns

(TMI warning)

I didn't pick full 100%, because I feel kinda out of place not being sex-repulsed, I'm like sex? *shrug* whatever I guess I'd do it

and like, I've had sex before, and it was alright, so like I don't feel compelled to seek out in particular an asexual relationship (although I don't feel compelled to seek out a relationship at all), so I imagine that sometime in the next 30 years I might meet someone who seeks me, and I'm like "cool you're cool" and then we're in a relationship and in my genuine caring self I dedicate myself to them, and of course, chances are they're sexual and I have sex with them.

so while I don't desire sexual relationship/contact/etc, I expect one may happen someday and am sort of vaguely looking forward to the unique experience that is sex? which honestly is mostly because masturbation kinda hurts for me. I'm half the time dry. but my stupid libido doesn't care. and usually I get frustrated or bored, which means the libido is climaxed, so I wake up in the middle of the night or still have the libido active the next day... which gets annoying

but in terms of am I asexual? I probably am 100%

Couldn't be any more asexual if I tried, and god knows I tried to be less most of my life.

I'm curious what this poll would look like with narrower chunks, but this was quite an interesting question.

Vampyremage

I've been on the grey side of the spectrum for some time so I choose 75-99% option. Every once in a great while I feel sexual desire directed towards my husband. Its still new enough (in the last year or so) that it still feels very strange to me and I'm still trying to work out some of those changes within myself. Nevertheless, such is muted enough and happens infrequently enough that I still feel as if I belong solidly on the asexual end of the spectrum.

5_♦♣

99%. A year ago, I would've said 100%. The thing that changed for me is that I've discovered that I have a fetish/kink/what have you for being tied up and having someone go down on me.

I figure I'm 97.4% ± 0.3 asexual. I suspect that that's a fairly low estimate, mind you, but I can't guarantee anything more precise.

50-74%, despite having much less reason to be uncertain than some of the people above me. It's just in my personality to be doubtful, especially when it concerns myself.

SarahQuilts

Good question ... maybe 50-75% range? (

ask me again in a year or two ... I'm still wrapping my head around the idea of asexuality as "a thing" and <figuratively> bleeding from a open wound after a recent separation (can I say husband-amputation?)

the bumbling rotifer

50-74%, despite having much less reason to be uncertain than some of the people above me.

Hi Cereos,

Just a wee heads up, I wouldn't imply that you think that other folk have cause to doubt their own asexuality: that's their prerogative to decide :p

Quantifying people's asexuality in %? What a weird poll. But easy for me, I'm asexual through and through so 100% it is.

With increasing sex-repulsion I got from 90% in the past to 100% now.

Hi Cereos,

Just a wee heads up, I wouldn't imply that you think that other folk have cause to doubt their own asexuality: that's their prerogative to decide :P

Certainly, and they wouldn't have picked anything less than 100% if they didn't have any cause to doubt, so I'm trusting their opinion. However, there's nothing at all wrong with doubting in of itself, I think it's healthy, the problem is if it's unreasonable doubt. I can doubt quite unreasonably, that's what I was implying in my last post. :D

lol, I'm the only one who picked <25%.

Is it appropriate for grays to vote in polls/surveys aimed at quote-unquote "asexuals"? Or are they just aimed at everyone who isn't quite 100% sexual?

I'm trying to quote your post onmyouji but it seems the same copy and paste gremlins are effecting quote when on i.e. too

The poll isn't aimed at 100% asexuals...of those that have taken part so far...only 40% feel they are 100% asexuals...ergo...the largest remaining percentage will probably be the grey semi demi groups with a few others thrown in too..these equate to around in total about 60%

So any member who wants to vote is more than welcome

Satin..it is more for people to say how they feel and a percentage is more about identifiable range scales and points

elainetta...I had thought of a more specific option on the ranges but wanted to see if the poll received people who wanted to contribute

I think I'll run this one till sunday then close it and open a new one closer to smaller figures therefore smaller ranges and again will be open to any aven member.

Honestly I do not know how I could quatify it but a lot I guess, I am not sex repulsed and because I am not sex repulsed it does not mean I am demi or gray. However I may be asexual demigray, I do not know it is just too many labels...

mortimerrush

I might feel sexual towards a love interest every now and then. But I would always prefer a nice dinner, an evening walk and some hot cocoa and cuddling in front of a studio ghibli movie. I might be demisexual, but I ignore any sexual feelings.

I think lust in all it's forms is a sign of weakness and people should overcome it.

FOXracingfan

I put 75%-99%. Meaning a strong 99%. I'm leaving 1% open though, because I am only 20 years old. I'd hate to label myself 100% asexual just yet, though I'm pretty darn sure I will be asexual my entire life.

I think lust in all it's forms is a sign of weakness and people should overcome it.

Depending how you define that word, I'd agree... however, I think mutually enjoyable, respectful sexuality free from lust is perfectly possible (and sounds rather awesome). I guess most people nowadays would uderstand "lust" pretty damn differently than the overanalyzing ex-Catholic that I am, which is why I won't even bother elaborating on it here. ;)

Archived