AVEN members to hang out with during WorlPride

Hi y'all I am going to be travelling from Dallas to Toronto for the World Pride Parade. I will fly in on the 27th and fly out on the 30th.

While I am here, where can i find AVEN members to hang out with during this festivity?

I'm bring my video cam. Is the electrical same as the US?

I'll be at WorldPride on the 28th, born and raised in Scarborough (East side of Toronto) :)

As for finding AVEN members, we will mostly be at Ryerson University (That is where the Ace conference will be held). I know the campus but not which room exactly at this point. The University is two blocks north and one block east of Yonge-Dundas (Which is the Toronto version of New Yorks Time Square, the center hub of the city).

If you want information on transportation/TTC just let me know :) Hope to see you there!

*hopes to meet tons of AVENites at WP*

AVEN Bear will be there, too.

I'll be at WorldPride on the 28th, born and raised in Scarborough (East side of Toronto) :)

As for finding AVEN members, we will mostly be at Ryerson University (That is where the Ace conference will be held). I know the campus but not which room exactly at this point. The University is two blocks north and one block east of Yonge-Dundas (Which is the Toronto version of New Yorks Time Square, the center hub of the city).

If you want information on transportation/TTC just let me know :) Hope to see you there!

Yeah, what public transport should I take from the airport (Toronto YYZ) to 135 Jarvis Street? Do I need to carry cash (change / coins)?

JJButterworth

Yeah, what public transport should I take from the airport (Toronto YYZ) to 135 Jarvis Street? Do I need to carry cash (change / coins)?

There are two options for public transit. You can take the Airport Express and that will set you back $42 return but it is faster and there would be no transfers. Or the TTC for $6 return, in fact it you plan to take the public transit for more then 5 trips where your are in Toronto it can be $2.60 a trip if you buy tokens, but the trip is over an hour with be two transfers and a 500 meter walk and that can be a long walk if you bring alot of stuff with you.

Here is the TTC trip plan: https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Toronto+Pearson+International+Airport,+6301+Silver+Dart+Dr,+Mississauga,+ON+L5P+1B2/135+Jarvis+St,+Toronto,+ON+M5C+2H6/@43.6722961,-79.5657985,17479m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x882b394ac02dd491:0xb41d5de9c4030ec5!2m2!1d-79.62482!2d43.677718!1m5!1m1!1s0x89d4cb36cb608aa1:0x19ed5674e502cae8!2m2!1d-79.3729655!2d43.6531221!3e3?hl=en

The Airport Express website:http://www.torontoairportexpress.com/index.php

Also, I plan to spend quite a bit of time at pride this year. So, I will be there.

Thanks!

Omnes et Nihil

Do I need to carry cash (change / coins)?

Yes, you need coins/exact change for public transit. You pay every time you start a trip, and you get a transfer, so you only have to pay 1 time for 1 trip even if you need to take a bus, 2 subway trains and a streetcar-- like you will to get from the airport to Jarvis and Queen.

But there is a vending machine at the airport (terminal 1-- where the airport bus leaves from) where you can buy TTC fare with credit cards I think:

http://ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/Prices/Buying_tickets_tokens_and_passes.jsp

Omnes et Nihil

Yes, you need coins/exact change for public transit. You pay every time you start a trip, and you get a transfer, so you only have to pay 1 time for 1 trip even if you need to take a bus, 2 subway trains and a streetcar-- like you will to get from the airport to Jarvis and Queen.

But there is a vending machine at the airport (terminal 1-- where the airport bus leaves from) where you can buy TTC fare with credit cards I think:

Just a heads up, the GO Transit system is a separate system, so if you take the bus, then get on a GO train, then take a subway, you will have to pay to get on the bus, the Go Train, and then the subway, since it is considered three different trips.

Torontonians have been fighting to get it all on the same system, but, it has not happened yet. It has to do with the TTC being run by the city, and GO Transit (literally, Government of Ontario Transit) is run by the province. Inter-level government cooperation is difficult to get going.

• 2 weeks later...
The Evil Cashew

I am sad that I will not get to hang out with the cool peoples :(

Have fun everyone!

Cash! :wub:

Oh noes, we will miss you?

*is in Toronto*

The Evil Cashew

I know. SO MANY AWESOME people are there. and i WISH i could have made it... but its not going to work out. I at least got to see Cole for like... 20 minutes XD

Good luck at the parade. Its going to be HOT this weekend.

• 8 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator