Love Horoscopes

abacct

What other aromantics/romance-repulsed people find them hilarious? There are already enormous flaws with the whole Horoscope thing already, but sometimes I go read mine just to laugh at the romance section of it. I find it funny to imagine that we're some Zodiac rejects.

I agree, love horoscopes can be really funny when you're aromantic and can't take them very seriously. I've also had my fortune told and had tarot card readings done for fun with my friends, and anytime romance/sex/marriage is mentioned I think it's silly. Just more proof that none of that stuff actually works.

(I really don't understand people who are super into zodiac signs and truly believe in horoscopes)

Mycroft is Yourcroft

I find them silly, but still funny to read occasionally (when one matches up to how my day went I'll laugh and say 'Who knows?') :)

Horoscopes in general are hilarious... until you remember that quite a few people actually believe in this type of stuff and use it as legitimate advice - then it is terrifying.

It is my litmus test for detecting a true psychic. If someone is doing a cold read on you, they will not say you will never find [romantic] love, since most people do not want to hear that. Being aromantic, and actively trying to avoid romantic love, that is most likely not in my future. And I will believe the first fortune teller who tells me that as legit.

"Who else finds horoscopes hilarious?"

There, I fixed it for you. How can you even bother to read nonsense like that...

morgaine has won

Well, I'm a total astrology geek, and if this stuff goes totally over your head, why don't you just admit it? If it makes you feel uncomfortable, for whatever reason, just don't engage in it. Astrology, thankfully, is not one of the things that are pushed onto people in this world.

After all, it's just another medium that a person can use for their benefit. It's not a religion, you can doubt everything about it and still take the one grain that made you progress a bit as a person. (And even in religion you can do that.) No single medium can claim to be The Truth, we always have to carefully work out the things that work for us. Whether I'm engaged in philosophy, history, psychology, .... I always have to carefully consider the source and decide whether the information given can be integrated into my learning experience.

I don't think anyone should forsake their curious, open nature, just because it comes to non-linear ways of thinking. That would seem truly 'irrational' (f*** that word) to me.

Anyway, no time to waste here any further.

Nothing in astrology is truth, especially the Chinese one. With so many people in the world, how can we all be the same? We are shaped by our cultures, upbringing and life experiences not by accidents of birth.

For instance, I share my birthday with Julian Lennon. He is famous and successful, I am not. If astrology was really true, we would both be famous and successful. But we aren't so I rest my case.

I had my tarot cards read in 2010 or earlier. Twice in a row I got the same results....that I'm about to meet my life's partner and romance will bloom.

4+ years later: Nothing happened. :P

I find love horoscopes really amusing since me and my overly romantic best friend have the same horoscope.... and she has so vivid and shifting love life (internally at least) she would be able to adjust every one of those horoscopes to fit her life... but about me there's never a way for her to do it. :DD

None of them ever come true for me and I look at old ones and have a good laugh :) Sometimes I ignore the romance bits and just see if the rest of it comes true, but so far it never has done.

Archived