Dyke March (same day as the asexual conference)

Omnes et Nihil

Omnes et Nihil

We will have an asexual group at the Dyke March-- for queer and trans women and dykes of all genders. (Allies are asked to show their support by cheering the march on at the sidelines). I'm organising that group (unless someone else really wants to do it). We'll be leaving from the conference, marching in the march, and then returning to the conference.

Background:

The Dyke march is the only Toronto Pride group that has explicitly recognised asexual people-- specifically women and gender-variant people.) Allies (e.g., straight cis women and all cis men) are asked to show their support by standing at the sidelines and cheering but *not* marching. (I believe they ask that trans men decide for themselves where they fit, because it's different for various people.)

More information about the Dyke march: http://dykemarchtoronto.wordpress.com/about-2/

Also... we'll have an asexual group in the Trans* march on Friday evening-- all Trans* people (including non-binary and/or agender people) AND allies are all invited to march.

(See the thread Kelly started: http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/102851-trans-pride-march/)

NOTE: there's no registration for either the Dyke march or the Trans* march officially, but if there are enough of us, we'll give them a heads up we're coming (because they ask that larger-ish groups do that for logistical reasons).

• Like 1
FairlyAngel

Awesome! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
mineralelements

Yay! I'm hoping to make it to the conference and am so excited to have this opportunity to have my identity validated :) There are so few opportunities to be visible. Thanks for organizing!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Omnes et Nihil

Oh, it looks like they've changed the *direction* of the Dyke march this year-- so we're leaving from right next door to the conference, and ending about 15/20 minutes up the street. (Some of us will still be going of course.)

The plus side is that anyone who wants to go to the pre-dyke march rally during the conference lunch time can...

• 8 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator