20/20 Updates?

Rabger

Hey all. I've been sort of out of the loop, being on vacation and not always having internet connection. So, I haven't had a lot of time to chat with people and hear any updates. Has anyone heard more into on the 20/20 thing yet? Last I heard, which was a few weeks ago, they were still in the info gathering phase, although one or two people may have been selected for a second interview.

i've been corresponding with ms. rosenberg and hopefully will be meeting with her soon (just to chat). still not sure how things are progressing though.

edit: i am meeting with her to chat early next. she had been on my "list of people to inform i'm coming back to the states" so i think that's why it opened. that, and i'm in the same city as her (now).

Yeah, I haven't heard anything recently, but she said that mid august was the first time that I might hear back...

The last I heard, the office had gotten a little busy putting other stories together, but that they were still planning on getting us on the air. It will just be a matter of time. . . .

Oh my God. 20/20??? I hope they do that. That would be awesome. So how do you contact them & let them know you would be interested in sharing info.?

okay. i just got back from dinner with gail. she's still working on the story, and is in fact a little frustrated by how slow the progress is (but it's been an unusually busy summer).

anyway. i told her that there was interest amongst us in the group of people interviewed being put together in a discussion setting. she had previously been thinking along the lines of individual profiles of our daily lives, but really like the group idea and started talking (well, really thinking out loud) about flying people into new york! :shock:

i know nothing's set in stone, but that sounds like a hell of a way to get things rolling!

also, she assured me that there would be nothing sensational about the way the story is done. she referenced kate and apollo's radio interview, saying you two handled yourselves really well and that the dj's came across as idiots.

just thought i'd check back in with everyone. let me know what else you guys hear!

I haven't heard from her since I sent her a photo of my husband and I, and I am thinking that she may not want to interview me anyway, since I'm no longer half of a happily married couple.

-Greybird

Cate Perfect

Kick ass, winter! Thanks!

Yeah, the last I heard was when they asked for a picture of me after a phone interview.

Cate

anyway. i told her that there was interest amongst us in the group of people interviewed being put together in a discussion setting. she had previously been thinking along the lines of individual profiles of our daily lives, but really like the group idea and started talking (well, really thinking out loud) about flying people into new york! :shock:

This is the kind of "thinking out loud" that I really like to hear! Especially since I have not bought my plane ticket for the September meetup, yet. . . . :oops:

i know nothing's set in stone, but that sounds like a hell of a way to get things rolling!

also, she assured me that there would be nothing sensational about the way the story is done. she referenced kate and apollo's radio interview, saying you two handled yourselves really well and that the dj's came across as idiots.

This is great to hear! I do get a good "vibe" from Gail. Very respectful. So I am not too worried about the tone of the story. (Dangers of skimming posts: She thought DJ sounded like an idiot? How rude! Oh! The radio DJs, not deej. Got it. :lol: *promises to pay more attention in future. . . *)

To meet up with a bunch of you people in person, I would HITCHHIKE to New York!

Not that I'd turn down a plane ticket, of course. :wink:

VivreEstEsperer

*gets very excited* thats very cool that she liked the sirius interview.

*gulp*

(I would be in a cold sweat right now if I were able to do that!)

Well, I have an email in my inbox this morning. They are going to start filming "asap". Gail mentioned that I'm a finalist, and DJ, plus several others. (That's all I know - sorry!)

I'm sure she will be contacting the rest of the interview-ees shortly.

As you might expect, she wants us all to agree to do no more interviews with other media sources until after the program airs.

-Greybird F.A.

i think that all sounds really cool! i mean idk if they'd want some of the younger people, but that's still really really cool!!! make sure to keep us all informed!

Awesome to hear that the story looks to be running smoothly overall! I'm sure you'll be great as will everyone else. Can't wait to see it!

Hope that all goes well for you.

Well, I already live in NY, so, it wouldn't be too much trouble to get there... (hint hint to the 20/20 people *L*)

Does anyone else know if they're going to be in the segment? I'd rather know that I'm NOT going to be used than be waiting to find out forever...... so if all the other people have been contacted, I can surmise that I haven't been. (Whereas if no one else has been contacted, then I can go on mailwatching)

Cate Perfect

See my post in DJ's 20/20 thread.

DJ and I have been contacted for sure and they're still making decisions about other people.

Cate

Archived