So, there's a new flag for being asexual

eched

I just think I'll stick with the old one. ^ ^;

Janus the Fox

Maybe they tried AVEN and didn't like the politics of this site so they wanted to do their own thing?

Yeah, I personally hate the politics here and I think AVEN is a really crappy organization to have representing me as an asexual. Personally I wont be recognizing either flag and I'll hold some resentment for anyone who does.
Um well... The current flag wasn't made for AVEN but a collaboration between a number of asexual communities. The flag don't hold any weight against the organisation and Admods of AVEN.

Lol, there's communities out there would ban persons for political sentiment or even less. ;)

@PiF saying we disagree with a flag and colour choice doesn't make us bullies. AS for elitist did you read the description of why they chose the colors. I passively read it to one of my gay colleagues and he was like "so we don't need those qualities in a sexual relationship?"

512px-Ace-logo4.svg.png640px-Asexual_flag.svg.png

Just to clarify the aven logo is the one to the left. The one to the right was the flag that was chosen by the larger asexual community.

@PiF saying we disagree with a flag and colour choice doesn't make us bullies.

I definitely agree with your statement, Gabzo, but some of the messages here were certainly more than unnecessarily mean-spirited and rude for merely responding to something not doing any harm to anyone. Not a majority of them, of course, but all the same.

@PiF saying we disagree with a flag and colour choice doesn't make us bullies.

I definitely agree with your statement, Gabzo, but some of the messages here were certainly more than unnecessarily mean-spirited and rude for merely responding to something not doing any harm to anyone. Not a majority of them, of course, but all the same.

It may you feel not make you bullies but some of the comments were bullying, offensive and hardly a good impression of some within aven. one group wanted their own little space and you want to begrudge them that and call them elitist? let them have it for whatever reason..they are not harming you

For clarification, I wasn't saying that the messages weren't bullying. I was agreeing to the spirit of the statement "saying we disagree with a flag and colour choice doesn't make us bullies." Which is true. Disagreeing doesn't make anyone a bully, but there were certainly things being said that were meaner than "I don't like this flag or its colors."

Archived