Asexuality in Swedish media

Chaparall

Yesterday there was an article about asexuality in Swedens biggest morning newspaper (Metro). A Swedish asexuality network is being formed. This is the first time I've ever seen an article on this subject! And a couple of weeks ago the radio broadcasted a program regarding asexuality too.

Seems like asexuality is finally getting its share of attention here in Sweden.

... and now there have been more big newspapers and radiostations writing and broadcasting about this "new" thing :D We have the annual pride-festival this week (for the first time including a asexuality-tent) and it seems like the asexuals stole the whole show 8)

So if there is a pridefestival near you soon and if you got the time and energy ...

Have anyone been able to find out more about this new network? As new to all this (AVEN and my own asexuality both) I'd love to meet and talk with some fellow swedes. But so far, Internet has been unhelpful. That includes RFSL, who I see describe asexiality as something stemming from "sickness, medication or injury" *snort*

I asked around, the network is on its way but nothing is ready yet. They are trying to set up a website.

Du kan få reda på mer om du blir medlem på http://www.qruiser.com/ och går med i klubben "Asexuell", vi har drygt 200 medlemmar.

2013 Mod Edit: Though it's still similar, this is how Qruiser looked like in August 2005.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I found http://asexuellt.blogspot.com/

It looks rather thought through and organized, with a forum, a FAQ section, a mailing list and a link page to media reports.

Unfortunately I dont know any Swedish, but would anyone like to contact them and see how friendly they are ;) Maybe they and AVEN would be pleased to work together in future? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived