Breast dysphoria

steeplechasers

steeplechasers

I am faab and have fairly large breasts. I absolutely hate them and I want them reduced or removed entirely.

When I see pictures etc of breasts it just feels wrong, like they are a growth that is not supposed to be there.

I am not trans, I identify more as female, but I feel that gender is fairly irrelevant to me. I have an androgynous mind and just happen to prefer to have fun with fashion. I just want to be comfortable and have pretty things. In an ideal world I would simply have very very small breasts and continue to dress however I want. I'm growing my hair long right now, which makes it impossible to pass as androgynous, but it is important to my identity to have long hair.

I hate that people treat me like I'm a super-feminine womanly person no matter what I wear just because of the way my body is shaped.

When I first developed breasts I was proud of them and saw them as something that other girls envied, but then they got too big and became more trouble than I could deal with, and now I'm just waiting for them to go away, which will never happen.

I guess I internally identify as a breastless woman. But it makes me so guilty even typing this, like most people value breasts for some reason. Mine just make me look fatter and make it impossible to wear many shirts and hurt my back and I just want them off my body.

I'm afraid if I start binding people will think I'm offensive to trans people and don't deserve to own a binder because I'm not a real gender.

I am bio-female too. I can see how breasts are like tumors, too. If you don't like your breasts and want to reduce or get rid of them (especially if they are causing you pain) go for it. You are not less of a person for it. Don't let norms make you feel guilty on how you feel about your appearance. It seems to me that the people with more androgynous features tend to be perceived as the more aesthetically pleasing or generally attractive people (in the world of fashion/modeling).

And I don't think long hair is exclusively feminine:

http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photos/20130530/n51a7f391b336d.jpg

http://www.mens-hairstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Long-Hairstyles-for-Men-2013.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/ea/4c/ca/ea4ccafe66815cb829855994f134ff9b.jpg

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003238725/233714332_tumblr_m08kw1EUHe1rok6bmo1_400_xlarge.jpeg

^sorry they were random, it was just a quick grab

Mezzo Forte

I think one of the biggest things that's thrown my gender identity into question is my relationship with my breasts. Mine are not even all that big, but I really just want them gone. (I'm not sure if this is TMI, but they hurt like hell more often than they don't, and every doctor I've talked to basically told me that it was perfectly normal for them to get as sensitive as they do. It also doesn't help when family says stuff like "on the plus side, maybe it's growing pains!") However, part of it comes from my love of androgyny, and I sometimes try to present myself that way, even if my long hair tends to work against that a bit.

I'm chill with being referred to as she/her/hers, and I don't have any issue using bathrooms designated for women. Even though I like gender-neutral names, I don't think I would ever change my name that happens to be pretty much exclusively given to women. I just like dressing up ambiguously, and would gladly get a top surgery if I could find a good excuse that my friends and family would be chill with.

I guess that so much of the Western world is so infatuated with breasts that many women tend to love them too. I guess it's a symbol of their femininity in most people's minds. To be honest, I never perceived them that way and was always glad that mine never became too big though I dread any growth that happens to them.

TheKindredSoul

I am faab and have fairly large breasts. I absolutely hate them and I want them reduced or removed entirely.

When I see pictures etc of breasts it just feels wrong, like they are a growth that is not supposed to be there.

I am not trans, I identify more as female, but I feel that gender is fairly irrelevant to me. I have an androgynous mind and just happen to prefer to have fun with fashion. I just want to be comfortable and have pretty things. In an ideal world I would simply have very very small breasts and continue to dress however I want. I'm growing my hair long right now, which makes it impossible to pass as androgynous, but it is important to my identity to have long hair.

I hate that people treat me like I'm a super-feminine womanly person no matter what I wear just because of the way my body is shaped.

When I first developed breasts I was proud of them and saw them as something that other girls envied, but then they got too big and became more trouble than I could deal with, and now I'm just waiting for them to go away, which will never happen.

I guess I internally identify as a breastless woman. But it makes me so guilty even typing this, like most people value breasts for some reason. Mine just make me look fatter and make it impossible to wear many shirts and hurt my back and I just want them off my body.

I'm afraid if I start binding people will think I'm offensive to trans people and don't deserve to own a binder because I'm not a real gender.

I do not see why body shape has to do with whether one is feminine or not. It is nothing you can control, it is just how your body formed. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Also, there is no need to feel guilty! Just because most women value breasts (I hear teenagers at my school talking about their well developed fruits a lot) does not make anything wrong with you!

Not everyone has to be the same. I am Neutrois with a biologically female body. I am very petite (I can fit children's clothes) and every part of my body is small. Sometimes people cannot even tell that I have breasts because I appear flat-chested (and clothes very easily hide my breasts). I do not care that I am almost flat-chested, because I am Neutrois. Besides, what is the big deal with breasts? I know they are a symbol of femininity just like the menstrual cycle (I am actually beginning to lose mine due to being so physically active and thin), but there is no need to flaunt them!

I know a lot of people who carry quite a load on their chests. That sounds so awful! I wonder why some people have to have big breasts? Why is that even necessary? Would it not make sense for women to have smaller breasts? Nature does not make any sense sometimes.

Forget what people think! It does not matter if you are not transgendered! Your breast dysphoria is a very real thing, and should be taken seriously! Go ahead and start binding if you want to. What is important for you is to feel better. However, is binding painful? It sounds a little like it might hurt.....

Calligraphette_Coe

There will always be that very vocal minority who feel that way, but really? Do they have a patent on gender expression? Yours, as Thomas Jefferson observed, "Neither breaks my legs or picks my pocket", so WTH. You're not hurting anyone or hindering their quest for acceptance, so why should you *not* be able to seek a separate peace in which you find contentment?

steeplechasers

Thanks guys...who knows what triggered that day of intense dysphoria? Today is more ok..I bought myself a nice mens sweatshirt...;)

• 4 months later...
LauraSusanJohnson8888

I identify as genderless with a tendency towards loving glamour, arts, crafts, makeup and other traditionally "female" hobbies. I have very large breasts that give me headaches, backache, shoulder and neck pain, not to mention very severe social anxiety. I do not want the kind of attention that some women enjoy brought on by large breasts. I am almost 44, with ongoing plans NOT to marry or have kids or even have sex. I was wondering if anyone knew which binder company is the best. I've already taken a gamble with TKingdom...still awaiting my CUSTOMIZED binder. I think I'm a 46DD or perhaps even an F. I am contacting a surgeon too. I have insurance for the first time in YEARS, and I don't believe my needs are cosmetic. I don't want implants...I just want them gone or severely reduced. I believe my social anxiety would be vastly improved if I didn't feel like the world was staring at gigantic water balloons as I walk into a grocery store.

Irrelevant things first: I really like your icon steeplechasers. Hannibal is my favorite show.

Relevant things second: It would not be offensive to bind at all. I know a lot of cosplayers who bind for various reasons. As long as you don't order from the few places that only supply to trans individuals then you'll be fine.

I want to start binding, but there are so few sellers for people with larger chests. I'm a 38 F and I haven't found a single binder that isn't incredibly expensive.

When I was about 16, I met a woman online (approx 22+ if I recall correctly) who was going in for a breast reduction the following day. She was talking to me about how nervous and worried she was, etc - and in response, I had typed out the complete sentence, "Well if you need to get anything off your chest, I'm here to listen." I managed to catch myself before I hit enter.

I hope this loosely-related anecdote provides some comic relief.

When I was about 16, I met a woman online (approx 22+ if I recall correctly) who was going in for a breast reduction the following day. She was talking to me about how nervous and worried she was, etc - and in response, I had typed out the complete sentence, "Well if you need to get anything off your chest, I'm here to listen." I managed to catch myself before I hit enter.

I hope this loosely-related anecdote provides some comic relief.

I love a good pun so you succeeded in making me laugh mega hard.

I feel the same way. I dont think I'm really trans because I am fine identifying as female, but I really hate my breasts. Its really the only part of me that I feel kind of dysphoric about. They're too big and get in the way of things and prevent me from wearing certain clothes (for example, my breasts are too big for anything strapless to stay up). I suppose breast are good for women who want to attract guys' attention or who want to breastfeed children eventually, but neither of those apply to me so they're just an inconvenience.

I don't really have much advice to offer being I know nothing about binding, but do know that you're not the only female who thinks this way. I would also love it if my breasts were smaller or didnt exist at all.

I dislike all the problems that is female. My chest isn't even that big but I would like to be flat. I don't have long hair because it's harder to manage. Some things are able to be changed and some cannot so I'm going to change those that can be.

There are some natural ways to reduce breast size. If you are on the larger side, weight wise, dropping weight can help reduce breast size. Now, some of breast size is solely genetics. I'm a 32DD (34D), but naturally I'm pretty slender. The cup size comes solely from my genetics.

Some links you might benefit from:

1) http://www.bhtips.com/2013/09/6-best-ways-to-naturally-reduce-breast.html

2) http://www.livestrong.com/article/240143-home-remedies-to-reduce-breast-size/

3) http://www.boldsky.com/health/diet-fitness/2014/tips-to-reduce-breast-size-20140203120902.html

I'd rather be in band.

I have large breasts, but I'm looking into binding because I identify as agender. Don't feel guilty about what you do with your body! It's your business. Others may criticize you, however it is ultimately up to you because it's your body. If binding would make you feel more comfortable, you should do it! If you decide that you wouldn't be comfortable with it, then don't do it! It's all up to you. :)

I think, honestly, that if my boobs would just go away, I'd just be so much happier. It would solve approximately half of my dysphoria, actually. I'd love to just not have them and be kind of androgynous. The thing is, I fear that binding isn't even going to be good enough, because that's just for show. I want the breasts to go away for me, not for the world. Most of the world seems not to mind me having them, so what the hell. I wonder if only half transitioning would be a good idea for me, actually. Just top surgery if I could afford it, and not the rest. I can live with the rest. (Except the uterus. I'm dysphoric about that too).

I am trans male. 40DD breasts. To be honest, could care less about the hormones. I just want my breasts gone.

When my boyfriend was down, we were both tired and I get funny when I am. I started to take my breasts and his and make noise like I was taking them off and throwing the invisible breast and pretending to play dodge ball with them. Not much we can do now, so I make the best of it and be positive.

• 3 months later...
butterscotchwm

Hey! I just found this forum because I believe I might experience some breast dysphoria as well. Brief intro: I'm not trans, but I guess you could say I'm a tomboy. I'm not entirely fond of gender labels for some reason... I don't mind being called a woman or a girl or something. I also don't think I would mind being mistaken as a guy. But I do mind being perceived as feminine... Which is why I wear a chest binder these days. I used to think that as a girl, I kind of had to be feminine. Mostly all my female friends were. But I also don't identify as entirely masculine either. I feel somewhat out of place both in the girl box and the boy box.

My chest binder is great, but I'm also thinking about getting a breast reduction surgery some time in the future. I know my mom probably wouldn't want me to get one, and would try to talk me out of it, as well as my friends. There's just too much stigma towards women having large breasts being "desirable." As an asexual person who doesn't plan on having kids in the future, my breasts just seem really pointless to me. Like fatty tumors attached to my chest that I will never get use out of. I wish I could just donate them to a transwoman or something who would appreciate them a lot more than I would.

Archived