Interesting (but old) asexual discussion

emmaseek

I did a search on this, but couldn't find it, so apologies if this has already been pointed out.

http://www.barbelith.com/topic/21074 - Barbelith Underground: What is Asexuality?

Watch as several sexual folks give the subject a very respectable treatment, comparing asexuality to other queer movements, and wondering how, and whether, asexuality can be used to describe themselves in any way.

Thank you for an interesting link. Some of those people were a bit critical about the concept of asexuality, but in a constructive way. And they were ready to challenge their own assumptions, too. Usually people seem to think about sexuality in a very naive, non-analytic way: "people are sexual because they are sexual".

I don't see a contradiction that someone may find person appealling but not want to have yer standard pokey-thing-in-hole sex with them. Wanting to hang out with them drinking tea seems as good an expression of attraction as wanting to dress them as Cthulhu.

I found this amusing.

So I'd hope that asexuality can skip some of the pitfalls that other sexual identities have entered into and keep itself as a broad church, a flexible term, a moveable feast, etc.

So do I...so do I.

Archived