The Opposite of Demisexual?

chocolatlibretto

chocolatlibretto

so I have this thing where I feel sexually attracted to random attractive people on the street, celebrities, or just whomever I find attractive. I'll have sexual fantasies about them or get a little turned on thinking about getting it on with them. However, once I form any sort of relationship with them- friendship or simply making their acquaintance, all sexual feelings go away. Is this a thing? Does anyone else experience this?

Opposite: Asexual. Why? Because demisexuals can experience sexual attractin while asexuals can't.

But what you're saying others have also said happen to them. Most likely it is you loosing interest fast, getting cold feet or are more emotionally sexually attracted and not in relation to the actual part.

huh? I posted a topic of the exact same name a month or so ago. Weird that.

Personally I concluded was that my feelings were in most cases actually a combination of aesthetic and sensual attraction that I'd always labelled as sexual attraction. It took a bit of soul searching before I was willing to admit that this label was unhelpful and redefine it.

Although that said I think I do feel a bit of sexual excitement on occasion. Like you with people I don't know, once there is a friendship then its completely gone, (i really can't relate to demisexuals). Cos I'm quite sensual and aesthetically oriented anyway then there can be quite a blurred line for me to know when something is one and something is another. Or if its romantic attraction or social expectancy or something else entirely or several things mixed up. I get moments that'll surprise me like 'huh? was i just sexually attracted?weird' but then i move on with my life because I know that small fleeting feeling doesnt actually matter in the complexity of my life. Its a minor enough part of my life though (atm at least) that its easy to just consider myself purely asexual. Though I do have more grey-a days, where I'm a little more sexual. Its extra confusing cos I do actually have a libido so I'm never totally sure if the person is making me feel that or the situation, or if like, i dunno my jeans are too tight or something..lol

I think though now that I know that people are viewing there attraction to me in a much more, things they would actually do with me stance, then im less inclined to be attracted as it feels weird it not being just theoretical never gonna happen in my head stuff. I also think more often then not I'm just attracted in non-sexual ways and have to remember that other people are feeling something different.

Surely the opposite is lithosexual? People whose sexual feelings go away once those feelings are reciprocated by the person they're sexually attracted towards. Or like Ziggy_G says it could be sensual/aesthetic attraction as opposed to actual sexual attraction.

I do not experience this at all, but it Makes sense to me that other asexuals could.

I agree with what Ziggy said. It could just be aesthetic/sensual attraction. I feel pretty intense aesthetic attraction to people, and sometimes my body will respond. In that case I have to fantasize about them to get any pesky arousal to go away, but I myself would never have sex with them. I'm not in my fantasies at all. I actually have no desire to have sex with them.

WhenSummersGone

I believe this is possible, there's been other topics on this. I haven't heard of a word for it unless it's lithosexual? As a Demisexual I can't relate but I'm sure it happens for some people.

Archived