Jump to content
Wokgran X

Incredible Aromantic Moments (other romantic orientations invited)

Recommended Posts

squishward

Actually being ok with sex in a relationship (think I’m somewhere in the gray- I don’t feel particular strong attraction much or to many people, but I’m not sex-adverse and have a libido and enjoy sex) as well as affection, but still getting the feeling like someone would want more out a relationship than I would be able to give. I don’t really see a difference in my ideal world between a close, platonic friend and a life partner other than that a life partner would be naturally more involved in my life and we would co-habitate, and that there might be sex involved. But I know for a lot of allos, there is a much greater difference between the two, this inexplicable romantic connection. 

 

I’d rather just skip the whole dating, courting, gooey phase right into an old married couple :D. I hate dating. I think I seem to like more the idea of a relationship than actually trying to form one with someone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nerdperson777

I was listening to a song and I thought the lyrics were "love is just a sensation".  It was actually "love ISN'T just a sensation".  Oops.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Celyn: The Lutening
On 10/5/2019 at 7:21 AM, nerdperson777 said:

I was listening to a song and I thought the lyrics were "love is just a sensation".  It was actually "love ISN'T just a sensation".  Oops.

What else is it then?

 

I saw a woman with an "I ❤ LONDON" shirt on but she had a hoodie on over it so all that showed was "❤ DON" and my brain filled it in as "❤ DON'T".

Solid advice. I want a shirt that says "❤: DON'T."

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nerdperson777
10 hours ago, SCelyton said:

What else is it then?

 

I saw a woman with an "I ❤ LONDON" shirt on but she had a hoodie on over it so all that showed was "❤ DON" and my brain filled it in as "❤ DON'T".

Solid advice. I want a shirt that says "❤: DON'T."

The first thing that came to mind with "DON" was some Japanese rice bowl, so someone really likes that dish.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Asenia

Okay, I'll share some:

 

In my childhood, I tried to play Barbie dolls with my friend. I didn't play dolls at all, but I enjoyed playing with her. And there was that moment, when we played a scene, where were two barbie-girls and one ken between. And my friend decided to play a love fight over Ken... But I didn't get it. 

 

F: Ah! *pitched voice for her doll character* He is mine!

Me: Um...No, he is mine?

F: NOOO, HE IS MINE!

Me: Well, okay, take him then?.. 

 

Her face was just priceless... XD

 

__________

F: Tell me please, am I an attractive man? 

Me: *silence* I don't think you should ask me for that?...

F: No, answer me, please.

Me:Um... Well, I'm sure you are attractive to another girls, why you doubt it?

F: No, what do YOU think?

Me: ...Well, you know, it's not a good idea to base your self-esteem on someone else's opinion. (long phylosophical lecture)

You're a clever person and know about it all, why do you even ask me such questions?...

 

(I was very confused, because I didn't want to offend him and understood, that I don't understand, what does "attractive" means, and never found anyone attractive, but in theory I understood, that he might be attractive by social standarts, so I decided to give him an inspiring lecture about independent self-esteem... XD

Gosh, I didn't even had a clue, that he tried to actually pick me up...Realised that only through some unpleasant circumstances.)

 

Edited by Asenia
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maybeimamazed

I'm writing a book in which the main character (who's aroace) is struggling because she can't differentiate what she feels for her boyfriend and her best friend.

 

My creative writing group was like "Oooh, it's a coming out story, right? She's gonna realize she's gay or bisexual!"

 

And I was like............. sure.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zash
On 11/12/2019 at 2:05 PM, Asenia said:

F: Tell me please, am I an attractive man? 

Me: *silence* I don't think you should ask me for that?...

F: No, answer me, please.

Me:Um... Well, I'm sure you are attractive to another girls, why you doubt it?

F: No, what do YOU think?

Me: ...Well, you know, it's not a good idea to base your self-esteem on someone else's opinion. (long phylosophical lecture)

You're a clever person and know about it all, why do you even ask me such questions?...

 

I have a feeling he was attracted to you, and he was feeling you out to see if you were interested before committing to asking you out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nerdperson777
On 11/12/2019 at 11:23 AM, maybeimamazed said:

I'm writing a book in which the main character (who's aroace) is struggling because she can't differentiate what she feels for her boyfriend and her best friend.

 

My creative writing group was like "Oooh, it's a coming out story, right? She's gonna realize she's gay or bisexual!"

 

And I was like............. sure.

My first thought is about being quoromantic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cherryxcardium
On 10/6/2015 at 11:24 PM, cherryxcardium said:

"You and Rob should just get together. You practically are a couple."

Nah fam. I mean I love him, but not romantically and I can never see him that way at all.

Revisiting this because Rob has since come out as gay and thus is of an incompatible sexuality. This whole thing makes us both crease up with laughter whenever we think about it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deletingthisaccount

Friend: "Who do you 'like'?"

Me: "No one."

Friend: "What?! You can't just like no one!"

Me: "I don't."

Friend: "You have to like someone! Everyone has to like someone!"
Me: "Why?!"

Friend: "That's just how it works!"

Me: "Well, I don't like anyone."

Friend: "I promise I won't tell."

Me: "I DON'T LIKE ANYONE"

Friend: "Well, at least who did you used to have a crush on?"

Me: "NO ONE."

 

*repeat conversation for my entire life*

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Destan
3 hours ago, Ace_of_Spades07 said:

Friend: "Who do you 'like'?"

Me: "No one."

Friend: "What?! You can't just like no one!"

Me: "I don't."

Friend: "You have to like someone! Everyone has to like someone!"
Me: "Why?!"

Friend: "That's just how it works!"

Me: "Well, I don't like anyone."

Friend: "I promise I won't tell."

Me: "I DON'T LIKE ANYONE"

Friend: "Well, at least who did you used to have a crush on?"

Me: "NO ONE."

 

*repeat conversation for my entire life*

I feel you, that was me when I was in high school.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tempesta

So this was before I figured out the whole being aromantic thing. I was sort of dating a guy I thought I liked, he definitely liked me a lot and wanted to see me more often. He suggested meeting at least once a week around my shifts and every possible weekend (I work half of the weekends). I was getting claustrophobic just thinking about having to spend so much time with him and said "well, just the weekend is fine when I'm not working, and if we skip a weekend it's also fine". It was not fine. Apparently you're supposed to want to spend every waking moment together when you're in love? Looking back my aromanticism is soooo obvious 🤦‍♀️.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eva River

Brother: So when are you going to get a boyfriend?

Me, without thinking: ew

Brother: Oh... a girlfriend?

Me, realising I've backed myself into a corner: ew

My brother:

Spoiler

1f7baaf1f21a6b20a959220dc44f17f3.jpg

I just sat there and watched his visible confusion

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deletingthisaccount
On 3/30/2020 at 12:52 AM, Eva River said:

Brother: So when are you going to get a boyfriend?

Me, without thinking: ew

Brother: Oh... a girlfriend?

Me, realising I've backed myself into a corner: ew

My brother:

  Reveal hidden contents

1f7baaf1f21a6b20a959220dc44f17f3.jpg

I just sat there and watched his visible confusion

LOL I have definitely had to deal with this. After you reach a certain age, expressing any disinterest in the opposite gender makes people automatically assume you're interested in the same gender. I've learned to try to word things like that very carefully. I always make sure whenever anyone asks that I say I've never been in a relationship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...