Incredible Aromantic Moments (other romantic orientations invited)

Synchrèse

Once I ended up cuddling with my mate who apparently liked me. I had my head on his chest and almost falling asleep.

Mate: Can you feel my heartbeat...?

Me: No.

Uncomfortable (not for me though) silence, the curtain comes down.

• Like 10

ok, so i had like several aro moments because i was in an english class (not highschool, im almost 30), to improve english (my native language is not english) and the teacher gives us a crossword with the name "relationships". "okaaaaaay" i think. as he tells me, last class (i couldnt go there that day) they learnt vocabulary about relationships. im ace aro so the first thing i wished was that i hoped there wouldnt be no "do you have a bfriend/gfriend" cause i wouldnt know how to answer the questions they could ask, either during the class or after the class. also, we have covered the family relations, so as the crossword from todays lesson was to practice vocab...lucky me. i dont hate romance but between what people could have ask me and everything...probably they would have asked me a lot after class but there werent any questions since they didnt ask me anything

the point is, i didnt know how to answer some of the down/across questions. maybe i was sleepy when one of them was "ask somebody to marry" or "what you give someone when you are engaged" (i was like "well, you ask them and thats all, right? and why would i give anything to anyone after that?" answer: a ring. facepalm. i knew the meaning, i promise). but there were some like "a flower of love" which i thought "i dont know the meaning of the flowers" and another that said "to see someone other than your bfriend, gfriend, husband or wife" and i was like "what with that, do they mean another word for that to see your grandmother or other relative?". and there was also "have a ____ on someone. be infatuated". in that moment i didnt know what was the meaning of infatuated and now i know but even if i knew, i wouldnt know the answer: when the teacher told us it was "crush" i asked him "whats the difference between a crush and being in love?" hoping he didnt look at me strangely. after he explained to me i wondered something. it seems that only teenagers have crushes. is that true?

• Like 3
Sockstealingnome

it seems that only teenagers have crushes. is that true?

No. People of any age can have a crush. It's an irrational infatuation or admiration for a particular person and does not always involve romantic feelings. For example, I have girl crushes on Gemma Arterton and Emmy Rossum, and I'm not sure why. It happened instantaneously. It's not like I think they're wonderful actors or amazing people because I don't really know anything about them. I just took one look at them and decided I really really like this person. It has nothing to do with romantic feelings or even platonic feelings. I don't know how to describe it other than a crush.

• Like 7

No. People of any age can have a crush. It's an irrational infatuation or admiration for a particular person and does not always involve romantic feelings. For example, I have girl crushes on Gemma Arterton and Emmy Rossum, and I'm not sure why. It happened instantaneously. It's not like I think they're wonderful actors or amazing people because I don't really know anything about them. I just took one look at them and decided I really really like this person. It has nothing to do with romantic feelings or even platonic feelings. I don't know how to describe it other than a crush.

I had a crush, since I was attracted to how they looked and how they acted. A nice girl. But I was not sexually or romantically attracted, because I was more charmed by how wonderful that person came off as to me. I wasn't invested in asking her out or anything, and the crush feeling only lasted for a few minutes, like admiration.

Sort of like that, right?

• Like 1
Stormharrier

I was at a club once (hobby-club, not dancing-club) talking to a friend, who was sitting on my right. There was another guy on my left who I'd chatted to a bit in the past, but not in-depth.

Guy on left: Hey Storm, look at me a minute

Me: *turns to look at him*

Him: *brief pause while he looks at me* You have really interesting eyes

Me: Thanks *immediately turns back to the guy on my right to resume the conversation*

Now, that kind of sounds like inept flirting, right? It literally took me two years before I realised that was what he was doing.

I'd also apparently had several of the guys follow me around when I first joined the club, same as when any girl joined, I just hadn't noticed. I know I'm not very observant, but sometimes even I'm surprised by my own obliviousness...

• Like 3
FOXracingfan

On face book a guy I'm "friends" with posted that he is coming home from college for the weekend and if anyone wanted to hang out to let him know. I liked his post because I was thinking "Hey, cool, I don't think he likes college much, I'm glad he gets to visit home for a little while!" Then he messaged me the next day asking me what my weekend plans were.

Me: I'm gonna catch up on some schoolwork and stuff.

Him: Oh, well that probably won't take you all weekend :)

Me: Hopefully not, haha.

Him: Yeah... I just gotta figure out what my weekend plans are :)

Me: Well, good luck with that!

Him: Thanks.

I realize now he wanted to hang out. Whoops! :lol:

I can't really tell if that was flirting or not. I can never tell if someone if flirting. I always just think someone is just being nice and friendly, or in some cases they are being really creepy.

• Like 5
Sockstealingnome

I had a crush, since I was attracted to how they looked and how they acted. A nice girl. But I was not sexually or romantically attracted, because I was more charmed by how wonderful that person came off as to me. I wasn't invested in asking her out or anything, and the crush feeling only lasted for a few minutes, like admiration.

Sort of like that, right?

Yeah except it lasts indefinitely for me. I guess there's just something about the sum of their parts that comes together in a way that I find very appealing.

• Like 3
Vivaldi Ives

While reading all the stories on this thread (and elsewhere on AVEN) about people not understanding that someone was flirting with them, I realized that I often do the same thing in reverse. I like being really friendly to people and making them feel good about themselves, with no romantic intent, but perhaps it gets read as flirting. I mainly do it with people in customer service, such as the person taking my order at Starbucks, because I don't have to worry about them taking it the wrong way and trying to get my phone number or something. :o I just really like saying things like "That's so nice of you!" and "I remember you from last time I was here!" I just want to be nice to people who are doing things for me, even if it's part of their job. On the other hand, I don't think I really "flirt" that much with the people I have been romantically interested in. Those situations generally involve a lot of awkward feelings and lots of asking the person if they'll do fun things with me, like going to a concert. It doesn't work though, as my romantic interests have never liked me back in the same way. :mellow:

• Like 8

I was in engineering, and some girl sat beside me. Nobody sits beside me normally, but there were no seats left. Then she sat beside me a second time when there were open seats, and eventually started conversing with me. I present some highlights:

Her: You have really beautiful blue eyes. <Bats her eyes>

Me: I know. Now get back to work.

Her: What did that part say? <Puts her neck out>

Me: Um...'e' to the power of three pi.

Her: Is that so... <Starts twirling her hair and doesn't even write down the formula>

Me: Yes. 'e' to the power of three pi. Go ahead and write that down now.

Her: My boyfriend sucks!

Me: Oh? Why? What does he do?

Her: He never spends time with me! All he wants to do is play Call of Duty!

Me: Call of Duty! Oh man, I completely know how he feels! I would totally ignore you too if I had that game! (Yes, I actually did say 'ignore')

Later I talked to my other fiends who think she was, 'The Flirting,' with me. It was two weeks after the fact I realized this. I suck at romancing.

I'm still mad she didn't even write down the formula.

• Like 25

I was in engineering, and some girl sat beside me. Nobody sits beside me normally, but there were no seats left. Then she sat beside me a second time when there were open seats, and eventually started conversing with me. I present some highlights:

Her: You have really beautiful blue eyes. <Bats her eyes>

Me: I know. Now get back to work.

Her: Is that so... <Starts twirling her hair and doesn't even write down the formula>

Her: My boyfriend sucks!

Me: Oh? Why? What does he do?

Her: He never spends time with me! All he wants to do is play Call of Duty!

Me: Call of Duty! Oh man, I completely know how he feels! I would totally ignore you too if I had that game! (Yes, I actually did say 'ignore')

Later I talked to my other fiends who think she was, 'The Flirting,' with me. It was two weeks after the fact I realized this. I suck at romancing.

I'm still mad she didn't even write down the formula.

That totally reminds me of the time this boy told me, "You have beautiful eyes," and then smiled flirtatiously at me. I replied with, "Oh, thank you, but I think this shirt just really makes them pop," and then I turned around and did my science homework without realizing he still wanted to talk to me.

• Like 2

e like Euler's number or e like the electrical charge of a proton?

• Like 1

Hmm, there was this one time in school where I was playing a computer game with male classmates, and one of them told me a secret that a mutual friend had a crush on me. I really did not understand, and at that time there was still some 'eeww boys and girls don't mix' mentality so I probably overreacted and shouted 'WHAT' or something because I thought that was the proper response to that kind of revelation.

Still around the same time I got partnered with a male classmate for an extra-curricular project, and he was kind of the heartthrob of the class, apparently. I never really cared much about it, but when somebody pointed out to me that 'ooh you and him are going to be partners eh?' winkwink I got really flustered at the thought of somebody mistaking us for an actual romantic couple, but then people only noticed I was blushing after being partnered with him so I think you can guess how that would've gone.

• Like 4

Today, I went out for frozen yogurt with my best friend, and during the conversation, she said "don't worry, you'll find the perfect boyfriend and get married someday!". She thought she was being helpful and supportive over the fact that I'm single, but to me it sounded like she was sentencing me to a lifetime of discontent. I tried to argue with her and say I didn't want a boyfriend, but she thought I was just bitter over my last (and only) boyfriend and obviously didn't get it. :(

• Like 9
helana12_03

When I was in high school my mom tried to set me up with some guy she knew. I had ABSOLUTELY NO DESIRE to date him but I figured it couldn't hurt to get to know him as a friend. He called me and took me out a few of times but the whole thing felt a little awkward. It kind of felt like he wanted to be more than friends, but I didn't and wasn't going to let it happen. A few weeks later I got a phone call from his girlfriend and she accused me of trying to steal her boyfriend from her. I tried to explain how I was just friends with him and had absolutely no intention to date him. This conversation went on for a while because she refused to believe me and kept accusing me of stealing him away.

Back when I was in middle school a friend showed me poster of a shirtless male model and she was like "he's SO hot isn't he?!". I was like "yeah he is", but in my head I was thinking "what the hell is she talking about?"

• Like 1
Sockstealingnome

When I was in high school my mom tried to set me up with some guy she knew. I had ABSOLUTELY NO DESIRE to date him but I figured it couldn't hurt to get to know him as a friend. He called me and took me out a few of times but the whole thing felt a little awkward. It kind of felt like he wanted to be more than friends, but I didn't and wasn't going to let it happen. A few weeks later I got a phone call from his girlfriend and she accused me of trying to steal her boyfriend from her. I tried to explain how I was just friends with him and had absolutely no intention to date him. This conversation went on for a while because she refused to believe me and kept accusing me of stealing him away.

Back when I was in middle school a friend showed me poster of a shirtless male model and she was like "he's SO hot isn't he?!". I was like "yeah he is", but in my head I was thinking "what the hell is she talking about?"

Your mom tried to set you up with someone who already had a girlfriend? And he was ok with that?

• Like 4

Your mom tried to set you up with someone who already had a girlfriend? And he was ok with that?

Being treated by family and friends as someone who is socially handicapped, 'afraid of relationships/people', and/or as someone who needs to be 'broken into' the habit of dating. There are some common #aromanticproblems for you.

• Like 5
helana12_03

She really didn't know he had a girlfriend, he didn't tell her. He saw a picture of me and told her he was interested. I really don't think he cared about his girlfriend too much if at all.

• Like 1

Sorry, I should have specified Diforto: It was Euler's number. It's engineering. We didn't delve much into that theory stuff, like those fancy city-slicker 'proton' things. Instead, we were all like "let's learn about natural logs and what not!" and Euler's number was all like "got your back guys! I'm here for you."

I wish that girl were as observant as you. It still bugs me that she was more interested in dating, than the sum of an infinite series from zero to infinity of one over n factorial. Although, when she did focus, she revealed herself as very intelligent and competent. She blew my test scores out of the water every time.

Sorry, I should have specified Diforto: It was Euler's number. It's engineering. We didn't delve much into that theory stuff, like those fancy city-slicker 'proton' things. Instead, we were all like "let's learn about natural logs and what not!" and Euler's number was all like "got your back guys! I'm here for you."

I wish that girl were as observant as you. It still bugs me that she was more interested in dating, than the sum of an infinite series from zero to infinity of one over n factorial. Although, when she did focus, she revealed herself as very intelligent and competent. She blew my test scores out of the water every time.

it's so silly/frustrating isn't it? xD

I like to think that whenever people ask me about how many people i've dated so far, i might answer "the limit of x tending to infinity of the function one over x"

Edit: My other common joke is when people ask "who are you dating", and i answer the name of the current hardest subject I'm facing at college. It's extra silly because not only the names are very sassy (and make people confused, thinking it's a double meaning joke), but they are also feminine substantives in my language, at least most of them. (Heat transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Solid Mechanics, Dynamics, and so on).

And i can get very serious about this particular joke, like, saying how i spend my whole weekends passing time with them in bed (holding the book), and how they are so troublesome, always testing me for what i know about them (this appeals to people that hate "shit-testing") and how they are somewhat fatty/overweight (there is way too much to study) and make a problem out of everything, even the silliest things that everyone knows how to solve, but that I don't pretend to marry them, because they go out with so many other people at the same time (like the whole class, studying the subject) and how this relationship is painful because its only give, spending my time without any retribution.

[it's the perfect analogy, I think ^_^ ]

In the end i say the name of the said "girlfriend", that is the name of the subject, and explain how this is some very hard college subject, that drains my time just like a girlfriend would :lol:

• Like 7

I like to think that whenever people ask me about how many people i've dated so far, i might answer "the limit of x tending to infinity of the function one over x"

Edit: My other common joke is when people ask "who are you dating", and i answer the name of the current hardest subject I'm facing at college. It's extra silly because not only the names are very sassy (and make people confused, thinking it's a double meaning joke), but they are also feminine substantives in my language, at least most of them. (Heat transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Solid Mechanics, Dynamics, and so on).

And i can get very serious about this particular joke, like, saying how i spend my whole weekends passing time with them in bed (holding the book), and how they are so troublesome, always testing me for what i know about them (this appeals to people that hate "shit-testing") and how they are somewhat fatty/overweight (there is way too much to study) and make a problem out of everything, even the silliest things that everyone knows how to solve, but that I don't pretend to marry them, because they go out with so many other people at the same time (like the whole class, studying the subject) and how this relationship is painful because its only give, spending my time without any retribution.

[it's the perfect analogy, I think ^_^ ]

In the end i say the name of the said "girlfriend", that is the name of the subject, and explain how this is some very hard college subject, that drains my time just like a girlfriend would :lol:

Heh, kind of reminds me of my friend from university. I study hard, and work hard, get through with a B average, in aerospace engineering. My friend breezes through, has an open sexual relationship with all 5 of her housemates, and just finished her triple major in nuclear engineering, mechanical engineering and physics, while often ending her conversations with "Soandso wants to go have some fun, so, will talk with you later," types of things.

At least I understood the comp sci stuff better than she did. But, I was tutoring my peers by the end of the comp sci courses.

• Like 3

Joined the forum because of this thread. I just had to share xD. I'm not entirely aromantic (probably demiromantic or one of those gray areas, seeing I've experienced some kind of romantic attraction since the events I'm listing LOL) but I can relate to these situations I've been reading.

When I was really young, a boy in my class told me he had a secret to tell me at the playground.

Him: I like you.

Me ((I was expecting some sort of life or death secret)): So?

Or a few years later, in another class. A boy starts telling me he likes me, and then finally he tells me he loves me.

My reaction: That's okay. -Thinking: Don't worry, we can still be friends.-

Him: No I really love you.

Me: I don't mind. -Starts talking about pokemon cards or something, trying to change the subject to prove I really didn't mind.-

It didn't cross my mind he actually wanted me to reciprocate the feeling. After all, I couldn't imagine anyone actually -desiring- romantic relationships.

xD Thinking about it now, I laugh and then feel bad, and then laugh some more. I probably made him hate girls for life.

Then there have been those many times people have mistaken my acts of friendship and sibling-like love for romantic attraction. I've literally had people -assume I was their girlfriend- just because I hung out with them and talked to them a lot and liked to be friendly (even considering them my best friend for a time). Two and a half people, actually.

• Like 9
Valar Morghulis

I was at a club once (hobby-club, not dancing-club) talking to a friend, who was sitting on my right. There was another guy on my left who I'd chatted to a bit in the past, but not in-depth.

Guy on left: Hey Storm, look at me a minute

Me: *turns to look at him*

Him: *brief pause while he looks at me* You have really interesting eyes

Me: Thanks *immediately turns back to the guy on my right to resume the conversation*

Now, that kind of sounds like inept flirting, right? It literally took me two years before I realised that was what he was doing.

I was reading this posts and thinking how can this people be so clueless, come one. And then I read this and I recalled a time when I was something like 17 and I was talking to a group of people, telling how my cousin tried to make me enter this fancy place looking like shit ,I had just come from the beach so I had salt stains on my tshirt where my bikini was I was on flip flops, my hair looked like shit etc and this guy says to me "I can't imagine you looking bad" I just stared at him thinking what is this dude on about. Couple years later that scene came to mind and I realised what the guy was doing lol Now I catch it in the air, I wish I didn't because it makes me uncomfortable, can't be helped though.

• Like 1

I'm a grey-romantic and I can NEVER tell when someone's flirting with me, or with anyone else for that matter!

I have a fully aro friend and she has a lot of aro moments. On Valentine's Day me and her always laugh and say cheerfully how we're going to be forever alone and everyone else looks at us strangely :P And she always skips past romance/sex scenes in books and films

• Like 2

Joined the forum because of this thread. I just had to share xD. I'm not entirely aromantic (probably demiromantic or one of those gray areas, seeing I've experienced some kind of romantic attraction since the events I'm listing LOL) but I can relate to these situations I've been reading.

When I was really young, a boy in my class told me he had a secret to tell me at the playground.

Him: I like you.

Me ((I was expecting some sort of life or death secret)): So?

Or a few years later, in another class. A boy starts telling me he likes me, and then finally he tells me he loves me.

My reaction: That's okay. -Thinking: Don't worry, we can still be friends.-

Him: No I really love you.

Me: I don't mind. -Starts talking about pokemon cards or something, trying to change the subject to prove I really didn't mind.-

It didn't cross my mind he actually wanted me to reciprocate the feeling. After all, I couldn't imagine anyone actually -desiring- romantic relationships.

xD Thinking about it now, I laugh and then feel bad, and then laugh some more. I probably made him hate girls for life.

Then there have been those many times people have mistaken my acts of friendship and sibling-like love for romantic attraction. I've literally had people -assume I was their girlfriend- just because I hung out with them and talked to them a lot and liked to be friendly (even considering them my best friend for a time). Two and a half people, actually.

Be welcome and have cake :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

What do you do if somebody doesn't know limits? Isn't n = e^ipi - n! simpler to understand, n being the number of people thou hast dated? For everybody knows euler formula, didn't they?

One time, somebody ask me if I had a girlfriend and I didn't find any fancy "no" response. If you have any, they would be fun to know.

• Like 1

In primary school we had to write for homework story about our first love and my mom ended up doing it for me. Everyone had to read it out loud in front of the class, I can't even begin to explain how awkward that was. Not to mention friends asking me questions later about it.

In college we had to write essay, something about Valentine's day importance in society or whatever. I tried so hard and wrote so much nonsense, but somehow I got good grade in the end.

I think the worst is when acquaintances who don't know I'm aromantic asexual ask about love advice. I have no idea what to say, so I try to go with common sense but they never seem to be pleased with my replies (which is understandable).

• Like 4

What do you do if somebody doesn't know limits? Isn't n = e^ipi - n! simpler to understand, n being the number of people thou hast dated? For everybody knows euler formula, didn't they?

One time, somebody ask me if I had a girlfriend and I didn't find any fancy "no" response. If you have any, they would be fun to know.

Well, at least around here, most people don't know even how that euler is a "mathematical" constant. Math is that subject that scares people all over the world, but here people are almost proud for not knowing about it, like some "math is for lame nerds" stance. So it's really hard to use those kinds of fancy responses, they only work with a set amount of people, between engineers everyone knows what a limit is, or some infinite sums (though they are more likely to know the limits, at least around here).

I, like I explained, use the "my girlfriend is my college subject" kind of answer, some around here use "I'm already married to my job/hobby" kind of answer. You may choose any of those. Or you may think of some more elaborate logic test that will always end up with "no" as an answer.

"Hey, are you dating someone?"

"The answer to that question is like asking me if euler is greater than pi." or you can throw any common misconception around here, and even have the time to explain how the person is actually wrong, like some classic ones about physics.

Or this particular nerdy and long answer, using quantum mechanics:

"I never quite understood this "the other half of me" concept, seeking lovers like you need something to make you complete. You see, whenever we put together two identical elementary particles, if they are (equally) charged they are repelled, so i would assume that the "other half" is more like some kind of opposite, like gender right? But then we arrive at some silly problem, try joining an electron and a positron together, they will complete themselves and both disappear, cease to exist within their own individuality. I want to be myself, for myself, don't need any fancy other to complete me, erasing me". (don't forget to laugh after you end this, otherwise people might take offense to this comment)

Other less "nerdy" approaches are talking about the whole "love concept": " One of my teachers once said how terrifying the cupid idea was, and I have to admit I do agree with him, you know, having a TODDLER with WINGS handling a BOW. It's like the recipe for disaster, making love "blind, random and evil", but for some magical reason, those arrows hit some kind of magic barrier, that repel them before they can hit me, lucky me!"

Those were some silly ones I thought about on the go, but sadly the people that ask me this question are usually those who i can't make jokes to, like old odd family people that appear once every year or so to those special events. I don't have the "freedom" or connection required to make those with them.

• Like 6

Well, at least around here, most people don't know even how that euler is a "mathematical" constant. Math is that subject that scares people all over the world, but here people are almost proud for not knowing about it, like some "math is for lame nerds" stance. So it's really hard to use those kinds of fancy responses, they only work with a set amount of people, between engineers everyone knows what a limit is, or some infinite sums (though they are more likely to know the limits, at least around here).

I, like I explained, use the "my girlfriend is my college subject" kind of answer, some around here use "I'm already married to my job/hobby" kind of answer. You may choose any of those. Or you may think of some more elaborate logic test that will always end up with "no" as an answer.

"The answer to that question is like asking me if euler is greater than pi." or you can throw any common misconception around here, and even have the time to explain how the person is actually wrong, like some classic ones about physics.

"I never quite understood this "the other half of me" concept, seeking lovers like you need something to make you complete. You see, whenever we put together two identical elementary particles, if they are (equally) charged they are repelled, so i would assume that the "other half" is more like some kind of opposite, like gender right? But then we arrive at some silly problem, try joining an electron and a positron together, they will complete themselves and both disappear, cease to exist within their own individuality. I want to be myself, for myself, don't need any fancy other to complete me, erasing me". (don't forget to laugh after you end this, otherwise people might take offense to this comment)

Other less "nerdy" approaches are talking about the whole "love concept": " One of my teachers once said how terrifying the cupid idea was, and I have to admit I do agree with him, you know, having a TODDLER with WINGS handling a BOW. It's like the recipe for disaster, making love "blind, random and evil", but for some magical reason, those arrows hit some kind of magic barrier, that repel them before they can hit me, lucky me!"

Those were some silly ones I thought about on the go, but sadly the people that ask me this question are usually those who i can't make jokes to, like old odd family people that appear once every year or so to those special events. I don't have the "freedom" or connection required to make those with them.

1. But I don't think they will ask for clarification. Like when I defined the french word "absons" by saying it mean "sybillin", both of these words being unknown by most.

2. I don't study hard enough (I really should study more), don't have a job and have too much small hobbies.

3. Good idea. Thanks.

4. Where is quantum mechanic? And the other-half thing is more an english thing than a french one, I think.

5. I deal with too intelligent people at school. They will just say me that "cupid" is a metaphor and dismiss my argument. And we don't see cupid that much in Québec (excluding St-Valentin time). Bring me my bow of burning gold./Bring my my arrows of desire.

6. I don't answer them. The fancy things are for people at my school

Thanks again for 3.

• Like 2

1. But I don't think they will ask for clarification. Like when I defined the french word "absons" by saying it mean "sybillin", both of these words being unknown by most.

2. I don't study hard enough (I really should study more), don't have a job and have too much small hobbies.

3. Good idea. Thanks.

4. Where is quantum mechanic? And the other-half thing is more an english thing than a french one, I think.

5. I deal with too intelligent people at school. They will just say me that "cupid" is a metaphor and dismiss my argument. And we don't see cupid that much in Québec (excluding St-Valentin time). Bring me my bow of burning gold./Bring my my arrows of desire.

6. I don't answer them. The fancy things are for people at my school

Thanks again for 3.

well, the anti-matter principle and interaction between a particle and an anti-particle is something approached by quantum mechanics, since there are some special interactions between those. People don't talk about positrons, neutrinos, photons without talking about quantum mechanics/physics.

Don't fret with the study analogy, it depends greatly on the subject you are facing or the college/school you are doing. I didn't study for most of my lifespan and always got good/great grades.

Cupid is a metaphor, yes, and it's still terrifying! :ph34r:

Anyway, glad you liked the third example, and i was thinking it was so simple that it was not fancy enough. xD

• Like 1
Sockstealingnome

In primary school we had to write for homework story about our first love and my mom ended up doing it for me. Everyone had to read it out loud in front of the class, I can't even begin to explain how awkward that was. Not to mention friends asking me questions later about it.

In college we had to write essay, something about Valentine's day importance in society or whatever. I tried so hard and wrote so much nonsense, but somehow I got good grade in the end.

I think the worst is when acquaintances who don't know I'm aromantic asexual ask about love advice. I have no idea what to say, so I try to go with common sense but they never seem to be pleased with my replies (which is understandable).

Why were they asking elementary kids about first loves? As if they even know anything. Also, the importance of Valentine's Day is all the chocolate that goes on sale afterwards.

• Like 3