Unsure what I am anymore...

sunflower182

sunflower182

Is it normal to be bisexual but very selectively so and/or only "need' sex about once or twice a year. I'd probably be cool just curled up with a partner.

I can get incredibly turned on but would rather do something about it myself than sleep with a random.

I just have no idea what's going on with me since I've had very serious relationships before I even remotely wanted someone to touch me.

A little advice would be lovely....I'm repressed (I'd currently love a gf but my mom is incredibly homophobic and would kick me out if I even batted an eye at a girl).

Burnt_Phoenix

Well, I think that you would probably classify as a grey-ace, considering how rarely it is you seem to have sexual drives and impulses. I would explain more in-depth, but there is already TONS of explanations for what a grey-ace is. Check some out on this forum and decide for yourself. Also, libido and sexual arousal (like what you describe) is not indicative on whether or not you are asexual. Lots of us 'do something about it ourselves' and are no less ace for it. I know my post is kinda confusing, but I hope this helps some.

None of us can say what we think you are, only you can make that call. It's very important for you to research and contemplate and then decide for yourself. Be sure to check out the FAQs on the Front Page if you haven't yet (it's linked in my signature). Keep reading and thinking! :)

sunflower182

Thanks :D I just wondered what the heck is up with me....High school I may have made myself forcibly asexual (because I couldn't date)....and lots of repressed bi feelings that turned into dating a girl for about a year until I had to move back in with my parents.

Archived