'Greatest Bromance of all Time'

Sovengarde

I love the idea of bromances.

Have you folks ever had a bromance? What makes a bromance for you?

These pics of Patrick Stewart & Ian McKellen together enjoying NYC are really really cute.

http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/entertainment/patrick-stewart-and-ian-mckellen-up-their-nyc-tour/6fc120eb-bf2a-459e-9f7c-858e519f568c.htm

I love bromances too!!! And I hadn't seen those pics but they are absolutely adorable XD

I would love to have a bromance someday but I don't even have a best friend so I guess I just hope to meet that really amazing person who eventually becomes that for me down the line :P

Great pics! Those 2 are the coolest!

I've never had a friendship like that, unfortunately. I'd love to. There's still hope to have one someday.

I love bromances too!!! And I hadn't seen those pics but they are absolutely adorable XD

I would love to have a bromance someday but I don't even have a best friend so I guess I just hope to meet that really amazing person who eventually becomes that for me down the line :P

Isn't bromance kinda only for males? :p

Isn't bromance kinda only for males? :P

No :P

I believe in intergendered bromances :lol:

I had an intergendered bromance once! And it was amazing! :lol:

For what it's worth I believe girls can also have bromances with other girls, except it probably wouldn't be called that anymore and/or wouldn't be recognized as one because girls having an epic friendship beyond friendship seems much more common than guys having the same thing.

I love Sirs Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen! Every photo they're in brightens my day. And I love that they have matching hats!

I've got a bit of a "more-than-friendship" thing going on now. I don't know if I'd call it a "bromance," since I don't think the other person identifies as a "bro," nor does she seem much of the bro-ish type.

In any case, hail to the bromance, yo!

I love stories about bromances! For me is a strong friendship/bromance the purest form or love ^_^ I think the greatest bromance of all time is the one of Sherlock Holmes & John Watson, although they are fictional.

I might be wrong, but a bromance between girls is called "womance", isn't it? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Womance

Bromances are my favorite! And yes, Mckellan and Stewart are the kings of bromance. Did anyone get to see them on Broadway? They were amazing! I got to see them in "Waiting for Godot".

I might be wrong, but a bromance between girls is called "womance", isn't it? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Womance

'Womance' has a wikipedia page? Heck yes! I thought that was just a term I invented :P. I had a womance my senior year of high school; we were the type to complete each others sentences and cook bacon together and, you know, intimately platonic stuff like that.

I love bromances though. They are definitely my favorite kind of relationship in fiction too.

Holmes and Watson are my ideal bromance. Even after Watson gets married ge still has time to go on adventures with Holmes and no matter how much time they spend apart they always pick up right where they left off.

NobodyisHere

Bro-o-o-mance! Was I the only one singing this song in my head while reading this thread?

Bro-o-o-omance (Bromance)

Shouldn't be ashamed or hide it

I love you in the most heterosexual way

The closest thing i've had to a romance was a "squish" with a coworker (which i know isn't ever remotely the same thing as a bromance) Which are awesome!

I'm not a guy, but bromances are the utmost adorable thing in the universe (in the same realm as baby animals, human babies)! Witnessing them is such a miracle.

Okay no not really, but they're hella great to get caught up in with the friends who share the bromance. As a girl, I call my bromantic-esque relationships with other guys "bramances". :3

TheStarrySkai

Bromances are awesome. I have one with my best friend that i've known for a long time. She probably knows me better than anyone else.

I dislike the term "bromance" (but I dislike the term "bro" or any portmanteau with that or brother as a basis - because of less than pleasant associations for me personally). But friendships like that of Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart are cool. The 2 gentlemen are cool themselves, and seeing them enjoying their friendship just makes them cooler, if that's possible.

I dislike the term "bromance" (but I dislike the term "bro" or any portmanteau with that or brother as a basis - because of less than pleasant associations for me personally). But friendships like that of Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart are cool. The 2 gentlemen are cool themselves, and seeing them enjoying their friendship just makes them cooler, if that's possible.

I agree! Having nothing but a negative connotation for me, the words bromance and brother are anathema.

I absolutely adore Bromances (sisromances? :blink: ), way more than romances. The only ones I can think of at the top of my head are Sherlock&John, Merlin&Arthur, Sam&Dean, Spock&Kirk. There are more but I really can't think of them right now.

They don't really have that much sisromances, do they? Or maybe I just haven't really been looking?

I would love to have a friendship like that.

I think with women it's just called a friendship. :P

(really, though, I think such relationships are not really out of the expected norm for women, so there isn't a special term for it. In a similar vein, women can have "girl friends", without anyone thinking it's a gay thing. But if a man talked about his "boy friends" what do you think people would think? (with or without a verbal space between the 2 words in either case))

Maelstrom_17

For what it's worth I believe girls can also have bromances with other girls, except it probably wouldn't be called that anymore and/or wouldn't be recognized as one because girls having an epic friendship beyond friendship seems much more common than guys having the same thing.

Maybe a sismance (sister-romance) would be a better term lol

Aw, man. I really want to have a bromance. Like, so bad. Too bad all my guy friends are attracted to me on some level. Either that, or we're just not that close. Or they see me as a cisgendered chick. :(

My favorite bromance is Erik Karlsson and Patric Persson. :)

BleaiqXIYAAmJWQ.jpg

b_LDyg6-.jpeg

They've got a ton of bromantic pics on their twitter(s), too bad I couldn't link them. But yeah. :)

Maybe a sismance (sister-romance) would be a better term lol

Maybe, but I've gotten used to thinking and saying bromance.. and sismance just doesn't have the same ring to it :P

I have a friendship or two that would be defined as a bromance and theyre pretty awesome friends even if they are I want to murder them at times infuriating sometimes :lol:

but I don't like to call them as such because I hate the term bromance I don't know why but it just sounds condescending to me

Archived