"Sex is apart part of life"

melodylee

• 2 weeks later...

I was just thinking...the next time someone tells you "Sex is a part of life", say "Not a part of my life" and they should shut up.

Because I realy like this girl, I've been with her for the better part of 3 years, and life without her sucked.

But in the end I doubt it will go anywere because of this. :(

Oh well, there's always Tai Chi, and guitars to play. 8)

Orpheus, I'm not sure that it "won't go anywhere." It's already "gone somewhere," since you and the girl have a long-term friendship/relationship. This girl obvously knows you well, and knows what to expect. And you obviously care about her enough to compromise as much as you are able, in order to have a good relationship.

It's just possible that you will be able to strike the right balance of compromise...

(Why be pessimistic?)

Hey! Just go with the flow. You live one life and you do not get a second go at it.

But in the end I doubt it will go anywere because of this. :(

Oh well, there's always Tai Chi, and guitars to play. 8)

Your partner really sounds like someone who is worth holding onto. Lonliness stinks and to let go becuase of your current feelings of your sexuality is so stupid. I did that over ten years ago and the hurt is still with me. Don't make that mistake :(

I know that what I have added below is probably way off topic but I felt that I must add it.

Loneliness can produce physical problems and even lead to suicide. Our bodies and emotions are intertwined. Excessive sieges of loneliness can create physical problems. Worse, the despair can be so great that suicide becomes an option. The thought that nobody cares is a common thread in suicidal cases.

*takes out the magic wand and swings it over Orpheus*

You shall be a heterosexual dude from now on!

(would that solve the problem? sorry, i am doing my best! ;) )

Skiddaloxx

Loneliness can produce physical problems and even lead to suicide. Our bodies and emotions are intertwined. Excessive sieges of loneliness can create physical problems. Worse, the despair can be so great that suicide becomes an option. The thought that nobody cares is a common thread in suicidal cases.

Being homebound for over 3 years, I can say that it really sucks to be lonesome, I don't know what I'd do without the internet, but I've always been a loner, even as a child. I'd much rather be lonely than have to go through the hell I did in school with being teased...now that DID lead to 4 suicide attempts there. Like I always tell people, I'd much rather have no friends "in real life" than have to worry about some nut or someone playing head games....I think that's worse than being lonely.

Being homebound for over 3 years, I can say that it really sucks to be lonesome, I don't know what I'd do without the internet, but I've always been a loner, even as a child. I'd much rather be lonely than have to go through the hell I did in school with being teased...now that DID lead to 4 suicide attempts there. Like I always tell people, I'd much rather have no friends "in real life" than have to worry about some nut or someone playing head games....I think that's worse than being lonely.

Wow, what can I say? I agree completely :? *sulks* It's always better to have no friends at all than to cling to a group of jerks just to feel a sense of belonging.

The Irish have a saying:

"Strife Is Better Than Loneliness."

As one of those "suicidally lonely" people, I agree.

However, I have met people who don't agree, and there seem to be some representatives right here on this board.

So...I guess it's an individual thing.

I could write a song about how loneliness is a killer, but I think it's already been done, like hundreds of times.

Orpheus: Happy happy joy joy! :D

Yeah, even I wrote one of those songs, it was my autobiography, and one hell of a hit. Many people said they could relate to it, but like all songs, it's fame faded and no one realy remembers it now.

I was the leader of Orpheus and the Lords of the Underworld, I wrote all of our songs except for one of the intramental ones.

Pretty cool huh, Taoist monk and rocker for hire. 8)

Then he ran off, and they became "Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld!" ;)

(Just KIDDING!)

Actually, "Orpheus," being from Greek myth and legend, actually ties in better with "lords of the underworld."

But you don't get to shout out "Tim-mah" a bunch of times. ;)

Archived