"Sex is apart part of life"

melodylee

I was told this repeatedly told this by someone I know online who has tried time and time again to get me to be a sexual person. I told him not to bother, and he argues anyway. I'm sure many of us have had the same problem when you tell someone, like a friend, who you think will be understanding and accepting of it.. and instead it turns into a debate.

Well anyway, as the first time "sex" was brought up and I said I'm not attracted to that or wish to engage in any acitivty of that sort.. he asked if "I've masturbated before".. I said No, and he told me to "try".. and I didn't. I was close to but I asked myself.. "why should I, I don't really feel compelled to or a reason to". So I didn't. I then told him that I didn't and don;t feel a need, I ALSO gave him a link to this site. .

his response to it was "I find it amusing that people like you who haven't had sex yet, find it necessary to idenitfy as this even though you haven't had sex". This I thought, was so UNFAIR! I thought people who had sex their first time were either curious, or had the desire and attraction to do so.. I said there has been people who have had sex, and they just didn't "feel" good during it. He's understanding with that, but as for me.. I'm supposed to try? Why should I try if I don't want to? Of course I'm not going to listen to this asshole, but I asked him "Have you had sex with a man before?" his answer: no, that doesn't turn me on, and it never will. ..

My point exactly. The reason he does not have sex with men is the reason why most of us don't have sex.. "because it doesn't "turn us on/attract us/interest us" so trying isn't going to make some miraculous life-changing difference. Why should I try if he doesn't try with men. Of course that ended the argument, but also came up with "Sex is apart of life" crap.

That I can semi-agree with. I don't think "sex" is part of life, but reproduction, and even sexuality. Asexual is a sexuality itself, and none of us should be forced or convinced that since sex is apart of life, we all have to follow.

.. this is just my rant, I was wondering if anyone else agrees or can relate/tell any other stories themselves. :)

• 1 month later...

OMGOSH!! I HEAR THAT ALL THE TIME!!! I'm sure they don't try to make gay ppl straight, so why not accept us for who we are and not try to change us? Sheesh!

• 2 weeks later...

You're absolutely right to say that you don't need to have sex to know you don't like it. However, as a non-asexual myself, I have to say that I can understand why this guy might have misconceptions about asexuals.

We're all trained in society to think that sex is THE driving force for human beings, and the idea that someone has no interest is very hard to accept after that kind of training. Especially for a man, who probably has a high sex drive even compared to most non-asexual women.

I have to admit that the first time I became friends with an asexual, for a long time I thought he was really sexual, but was too shy to feel comfortable expressing his sexuality. It is only within the last year or so that it finally started to sink in that he doesn't view the world in the same hormone-crazed way that I do. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is so stupid. Of course you don't have to try something to know you don't like it. I f you don't want sex you won't like doing it. Even if (IF a BIG if) you might find out you enjoy it, that wouldn't mean anything. You don't need to try it to know that you have no innate urge for it, and if you have no innate urge for it, why do it?

1) You don't have the desire for it 2) You don't intellectually WANT to do it

The assumption seems to be that IF you tried it and IF it wasn't a bad experience (i.e.. it felt kind of good) that you would then be addicted to sex and have the urge to do it.... that is so stupid

Even if something feels good it doesn't mean you want to do it.

I mean if I tried beastiality I might like it and that doesn't mean I would want to do it

SEx is a part of life? Only if you start having sex and make yourself keep having sex

• 4 weeks later...

This fellow may say that "sex is a part of life," but what it sounds like he means, at least as is applicable to ~his~ life, is "life is a part of sex."

I've never tried ramming splinters under my fingernails before. I understand that some people, called masochists, find pain pleasurable.

Maybe I should try it out, just to ~make sure~ I don't like it...

• 3 weeks later...
VivreEstEsperer

Actually, people try to make gay people straight all the time. They use shock therapies and really ridiculous, awful things. Parents send their kids to therapy to turn them straight etc etc etc.

Kate

people are so friggin ignorant. usually, they're so bored fuckin bored w/ their own lives, they feel compeled to screw around w/ other peoples'. in my opinion, alleged "normal" assholes like those need to be on the receiving end of such harassment (& it IS harassement), just to see how it feels.

bloody stupid bastards.........

sorry. issues like this one seriously piss me off. especially when i can identify w/ them.

I sure would love to stick it back to em. But that is not the way. Too bad, I'm in a bad enough mood today to do some real damage. Ah well, it'll have to wait till my first time in combate.

• 6 months later...

I know it's hard, but try not to let them make you angry.

If their comments seem to mean nothing to you and you are perfectly happy with yourself and don't react than they will probably not bother you so much. That's what I think anyway - I've had to deal with a lot of ignorant people in my life. :cry:

Moose-Alini
"Sex is apart part of life"

So is dying, but I don't want to do that either. And being sick/hurt. And occasionally eating something really nasty. All things I'd like to avoid.

I've had to deal with a lot of ignorant people in my life.

. . . Workplace related? Online? Hehe I love hearing ignorant people stories!

• 5 weeks later...

sex is a part of life

No. Just.... no.

And I have seen some extremely stupid people on battle.net. Heh.

3v3, one of my teammates attacks the other

Me: What the hell are you doing?

Him: i wanna win lol fucker

Me: Attacking your team isn't going to accomplish that.

Him: its an ffa

Me:......

Him: purple likes it up the ass

Me: Actually, i'm asexual.

Him: hey purple, suck my dick

Me: You are an idiot.

Him: least im not gay

Me: That's just it. *me and the other team member proceed to kill him and win*

I don't like online games :cry: In Age of Empires, I just like to build cute little villages and watch the little peasants run around gathering food... then everybody comes and burns up my stuff with War Elephants and Catapaults... :cry: *sniff* (hates fighting and violence) *sniff*

Me: That's just it. *me and the other team member proceed to kill him and win*

....heh heh heh! :D

.. this is just my rant, I was wondering if anyone else agrees or can relate/tell any other stories themselves. :)

I've got a million of 'em, melodylee. :)

But seriously, this guy doesn't and probably never will understand your feelings about sexuality. Heck, most people are so wrapped up in their own sexuality it's hard for them to focus just on the day-to-day details of life in general. And that goes for all sexuals, not just the straight ones.

Yes. Sexuals are annoying.

My mom's friends kid: duu what would you do if a girl gave you a dirty sanchez

Me: What the hell?

Him: its when your lickin her butt and

Me: Excuse me a moment. *covers mouth with hand and runs to the bathroom* 48 seconds latar..

Me: Back.

Him: and she craps

Me: I wouldn't be "licking her butt". That's sickening.

Him: wut if yu wer

Me: I refuse to answer a question about something that will never happen.

Him: cmon

Me: Okay, fine. I would kill her for asking me to lick her ass in the first place.

Him: ill aks again when u lik gurls

Me: Okay, then you'll never ask again.

*he gets out some stupid body building magazine and begins obsessing over the size of some guy's penis as seen through a speedo*

Me: *thinking* I hate you.

The same guy pulled a knife on me later, and claimed he was "just kidding". So I made a vow never to talk to him again.

ILikePie:

What a jerk!

But I spot a little error in your reasoning.

He said he'd ask you again when you "like girls," and you said, "That will be never."

I don't gather from the surrounding conversation that that is necessarily true. ~I,~ myself, am a girl, and I'm sure you "like" me just fine. I haven't picked up one hostile vibe from you. As a matter of fact, you seem to be nice to the girls and the guys both...at least around here.

Perhaps the point you were trying to make is that you would "never" like a girl who asked you to lick her butt. :D

And I must say that I agree with that part. Girl or guy, I am for SURE not into butt-licking. (And all this time, I thought that "kissing someone's ass" was a figure of speech. ;) ) I think that, once the conversation got around to licking each other's butts, it would probably be time for me and that person to part company forever.

Perhaps you could have gotten in the one liner, "It's when you're ~kicking~ a girl's butt?!?!?" :D

P.S. Thanks for explaining what a "dirty sanchez" was. I heard the term on a TV show awhile back, and was, of course, clueless.

Hmmm....maybe ignorance really is bliss...are there really people going around doing this to each other?

Hmmm....maybe ignorance really is bliss...are there really people going around doing this to each other?

There are indeed. But the really weird thing is, some of them characterize themselves as asexuals! :roll:

Go figure.

Does punching him in the face count as talking?

Hmm.... No!

Luisa:

Got a point there. You could tell if you had been there that he obviously was trying to disguise "do you want to go around fucking random people"

Yes, me too. However, I don't think that's nearly enough.

*I grab him, teleport to Pluto, and administer... The Treatment...

*the aliens on Mercury hear a faint scream*[/i][/b]

ILikePie:

I'm surprised to read that your location is "my head."

I thought you lived somewhere inside of my computer...

Live and learn, I guess. ;)

Yes, me too. However, I don't think that's nearly enough.

*I grab him, teleport to Pluto, and administer... The Treatment...

*the aliens on Mercury hear a faint scream*

*LMAO*

You realize, of course, that that sounds ever so slightly like "Marvin The Martian" from Warner Bros.

"I'm afraid I shall have to disintigrate you."

Hee hee hee! ;)

Archived