• A-
    • A+
    • B-
    • B+
    • AB-
    • AB+
    • I have no blood!/I don't know

This poll is closed to new votes

I always thought my blood type was AB-something, and I was kinda bummed, 'cause it's not that rare. Dx But it turns out that my mum has B+ and my dad has B-. Now I wish I has AB-something blood! But that's impossible...

Wonder what I do have though. xD

I think you'll be Group B, but you've a 50/50 chance of either neg or pos. Now had your mum been the neg and your dad the pos you'd have known because she would have been monitored through the pregnancy for antibodies (produced if the baby is pos and the mum is neg)

I gave blood months ago, mainly because I don't mind and I wanted to know my blood type..

They said they would tell me by mail when they send the card... The letter never mentionned my blood type.

"Thanks for your blood, you are a good person, give us some more please?"

I always thought my blood type was AB-something, and I was kinda bummed, 'cause it's not that rare. Dx But it turns out that my mum has B+ and my dad has B-. Now I wish I has AB-something blood! But that's impossible...

Wonder what I do have though. xD

I think you'll be Group B, but you've a 50/50 chance of either neg or pos. Now had your mum been the neg and your dad the pos you'd have known because she would have been monitored through the pregnancy for antibodies (produced if the baby is pos and the mum is neg)

Actually, there's five possibilities! Based purely on probability, the most likely is B+. The next most likely is B-, followed by O+, O-, and finally the ever-elusive Bombay. Where did I get the Os from? Simple - the dominant/recessive system I mentioned in a previous post. And Bombay is always an option (albeit extremely rare) because the allele that causes Bombay type is in a completely different gene. However, the O types are only possible if both parents are BO rather than BB. One or both parents being BB limits the options to either B+, B- or Bombay. You are right about the Rhesus factor on both counts, though.

Sorry to make things complicated >.<

I'm O Positive or something. I'm not sure. I know I have the blood type that a lot of people have

I'm O- and always wished I was AB-/+ because it would have made me rarer, and therefore "weirder" [a plus, in my mind...] lol :lol:

0- is probably the rarest in my country so You are welcome here :lol: (my mother has 0- too I guess).

• 2 weeks later...

O- ...so I can give to anybody and everybody, but only get blood from another O-, a type of blood which is fairly rare and that they give to everybody else...memo to self, do not suffer from massive blood loss.

• 1 month later...
Go on! Find out/look in your passport/ask your mum/run to the nearest lab.

In the passport?! Which country's passport has the blood type? O.O

• 4 weeks later...

Archived