Opposite of Demisexual?

Ziggy_G

Is there a specific word for the opposite of a demisexual? I'm new here for forgive me if I say anything stupid.

As far as I understand it a demisexual is a subcategory of Grey-A's who specifically can only feel attraction within the context of a deep emotional bond. They feel secondary attraction, but not primary.

http://www.asexuality.org/wiki/index.php?title=Primary_vs._secondary_sexual_attraction_model

I'm wondering if there is a term for the reverse. Feeling primary attraction but unable to feel secondary attraction or sexual desires. Or is demisexual the only grey area one which has its own name (I'm assuming cos there's lots more of them).

Also if anyone can explain to me what semi-sexual is that would be great :)

>Never mind turned out I've been viewing attraction all wrong all this time and didn't really know what I was feeling

Do you mean that you feel sexual attraction, but once you get close bonds you loose them? Or that you don't want to engage in any sexual realtionsip? You can be litho-sexual, some kind of grey-a or you have commitment issues. This is strictly my opinion.

i agree with thahoward...although if you're thinking of a person feeling sexual attraction without feeling an emotional connection, that could also be an aromantic sexual.
also, semi-sexual, as it's been explained to me, is similar to grey-asexual, but more frequently switching between sexual and asexual.

Do you mean that you feel sexual attraction, but once you get close bonds you loose them? Or that you don't want to engage in any sexual relationship?

I mean I do feel attraction (that I believe to be of a sexual sort) but that it only exists in the very immediate stages of knowing them. I can't be attracted to people I have strong emotional bonds with. The more I get to know a person the more the attraction fades, it can be a matter of hours or a matter of weeks. Attraction is a reaction to particular people of the opposite gender for me. Attraction within a relationship seems just instinctively paradoxical to me.

I also don't want to engage in a sexual relationship, but thats because the idea of even kissing someone let alone having sex seems just awful. But in that very initial (very fleeting) attraction stage the idea of sexuality seems pleasant, so long as it stays an idea.

Also I don't appreciate the commitment issues comment. I don't have issues, I'm just not built to maintain attraction and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Oh don't misunderstand. It is nothing wrong to have commitment issues, it is not an issue as most would think of it. It simply means that you for example have a phobia for commitment or that when it get too serious you loose interest or sex repulsion. But sorry if it hurt you or came across as rude.

Anyway you may sound like a lith sexual. Also from the things you said, are you sex repulsed? That might affect your sexuality in a great degree as you might feel attraction, but the interest fade away when it is withing reach to actually do somehting about it. Can it be something like that?

I've tried looking around for something like this, as I tend to feel similarly and haven't quite figured out why. Oh, and I was on a Tumblr for demisexual and gray-asexual people, and I saw a few other people sending in asks who felt essentially the same. The only suggestion was lithsexual, or just gray-asexual.

I don't think it's a commitment issue (or at least it doesn't have to be). To relate this to my own experience, I've been in relationships before where there was definitely commitment there, but the pattern was the same. On top of that, I feel the same towards friends where there would be no pressure to commit to anything, as there isn't even a suggested relationship. For me at least, it's just that any original sexual attraction kind of turns platonic or romantic or just sort of fizzles out after I get to know someone.

Archived