CBC Radio looking to speak with an asexual Canadian

radiojournalist

radiojournalist

Hi everyone,

I work for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and I am putting together a panel discussion on virginity into adulthood. I am booking three different adult virgins with diverse stories to share. I am hoping to have one guest on the panel who represents the perspective of an asexual person. I realize that being asexual does not necessarily mean being a virgin, but we are interested in talking with an adult asexual Canadian who is a virgin and who is comfortable talking about their sexual orientation on a panel. Any one interested in coming on the program? Much thanks for your time.

Can anyone who is interested in this PM me please? Of course by all means PM radiojournalist too.

Radiojournalist; I'd like to have a chat with you if possible. I'll send you my skype by PM.

- michaeld (AVEN Project Team)

radiojournalist

Can anyone who is interested in this PM me please? Of course by all means PM radiojournalist too.

Radiojournalist; I'd like to have a chat with you if possible. I'll send you my skype by PM.

- michaeld (AVEN Project Team)

radiojournalist

Hi Michaeld,

Thanks for getting bcak to me. I'm just popping into a quick meeting and then I'll be able to get back to you properly.

Cheers,

Shannon

radiojournalist

Thanks for all the interest in this! I'll make sure to update the post when I know the segment will be airing. I'll also post when I know I have a guest booked.

sinisterporpoise

Thanks for all the interest in this! I'll make sure to update the post when I know the segment will be airing. I'll also post when I know I have a guest booked.

And I'm everything but Canadian. Somehow I don't think living in a state that borders a Canadian province counts.

It's great that you're doing this! I would love to see the broadcast. I am asexual, I am a virgin, however I am not an adult. Woe is me. Oh well, still excited. Best of luck :)

bah, too bad, I would have loved to be able to help...

I am a 24 years old virgin asexual...french canadian.

Because of my terrible accent I absolutly refuse to have my voice recorded XD

I really do hope you find someone, I will be looking forward to your show...

I have spoken to Shannon; from talking to her I have confidence that this programme will be handled in a respectful and professional manner. I've sent out the information I have gathered to everyone who has expressed an interest so far. Anyone else interested, please PM me and I'll add you to our conversation.

- michaeld (AVEN PT)

I would be comfortable doing this as long as my name was not shared.

I would be comfortable doing this as long as my name was not shared.

Thanks so much for volunteering! However ... after speaking to Shannon (and I apologize for not mentioning this in my previous post; this was an oversight), it seems we are mostly looking for someone in the older bracket; age 25+ but 20 being an absolute minimum. Sorry. :(

Any other takers?

radiojournalist

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I have booked the interview. And I wanted to thank Michael and everyone for posting and helping me.

Have a wonderful holiday.

Cheers,

Shannon

I woulda volunteered, but, alas, not a virgin.

I was going to make a thread in WW nearer the time, but I might as well say it here: it will be recorded on 2 January and broadcast the next day: 3 Jan 2012. I don't know the time of day yet.

Hrmm, I'll have to listen online then -- Zoids and I will be in the States visiting his family. (For the first time! Married eight months and haven't met the in-laws yet! Haha.)

Actually, out of curiosity, do you know what program it's going to be a part of? Maybe there'll be a podcast...

It's part of this programme.

http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/

Looking at the current timetable, I think the programme is in the morning. 8.30am-ish onwards.

Hrmm, just got to listen to the interview via podcast. Not bad all in all, though I must say that I'm slightly disappointed that all the guests on the show appeared to be at least somewhat socially conservative (particularly the two non-asexuals, and especially the Tony guy). I'm sure there are many quite liberal individuals out there who happen to be virgins -- whether asexual or not -- and it would have been interesting to hear from someone like that.

Would you mind sharing the link to the podcast, if possible? I'd like to listen. :)

Archived