May/June issue of AVENues

+Lee

Screenshot2011-05-03at111357AM.png

The next issue is July/August. The deadline to submit for issue #24 is the 26th of June.

This thread is for discussing the issue, and what you think of it and/or pieces you liked and why. I'm sure the people who submitted would love to hear feedback!

Notes about this issue: There is no AVENews or Meetup review this month; both are on temporary hiatus.

Download links:

High Quality (Good for best viewing and printing)

Low Quality (Good for slow computers)

If you want to submit:

newsletter@asexuality.org

PLEASE include in your e-mail:

* Name (or name you want under your submission)

* AVEN name (if applicable)

* Title of the piece

* The file or link to the file (make sure the size, if an image, is big)

If you want some ideas of what you can submit, click here.

Links

AVENues homepage

Blog and RSS feed

Facebook Page

Previous issues:

March/April

January/February

October

The rest are in the Archive

Dang that was a short issue. (*starts planning more submissions...*)

Dang that was a short issue. (*starts planning more submissions...*)

Yes, sadly I didn't get that many. Hopefully for the next issue I get more.

Yay at you making more!!

It'll probably just be another short story (since that's what I'm good at writing). Unless I can get a Colorado meet-up going and then we could do an article about that too... *goes to meet-up mart* ^_^

hexaquark

Is the photo on the cover from San Francisco Pride? So many asexuals together at once!

:cake: :cake: :cake: to Sara for starting Asexual Awareness Week, and to Arielle for keeping up with AVENues. Shouldn’t this thread be stickied?

Oh, also... there are some issues of AVENues (#8-10) in the archive that are dead links for me. I wonder if someone out there has copies of them...

Okay, for anyone who's read this issue: Would you guys like another story about George and Jennifer defying societal expectations? I'm thinking about writing the most epic shopping expedition. :D

Oh, also... there are some issues of AVENues (#8-10) in the archive that are dead links for me. I wonder if someone out there has copies of them...

'Fraid not. Sorry. :(

Is the photo on the cover from San Francisco Pride? So many asexuals together at once!

:cake: :cake: :cake: to Sara for starting Asexual Awareness Week, and to Arielle for keeping up with AVENues. Shouldn’t this thread be stickied?

Yes it is! It's left over from my interview with Ily and I needed a cover so... :D

And thank you. :) It should, I forgot to sticky it. Thank you for letting me know.

And yikes, I forgot to take care of those. Were you the person that e-mailed me about them? I'll try to get them up in the next couple days, if not tonight.

EDIT: Issue #10 works for me. Did you mean #7-9? Those are the ones that don't work.

I did get some old copies (if I recall) from someone who has them.

EDIT: They are all uploaded and working! :)

Okay, for anyone who's read this issue: Would you guys like another story about George and Jennifer defying societal expectations? I'm thinking about writing the most epic shopping expedition. :D

'Fraid not. Sorry. :(

Sounds like an interesting idea to me!

hexaquark

You’re right, it was #7-9. My excuse is… I can only count to 5. Fact.

Thanks so much for putting them back up there! Here I was thinking they were lost to the mists of time…

I think exploring quintessentially ace moments using a fictional asexual couple is clever. Keep writing!

Even though it was short, it was a good issue!

The latest issue of AVENues should appear on the front page! I know that this isn't the PT's fault, but you can tell whatever administrator that even non-PT members are beginning to complain about it.

The other day I met someone (non-asexual) who said he read AVENues. I was impressed.

I think exploring quintessentially ace moments using a fictional asexual couple is clever. Keep writing!

Alright then! I'll see what I can do. ^_^ I've decided not to do a true "expedition" yet since that would be more of a yada thing than an ace thing. But it will be a shopping/grocery trip! (That poor cashier... :P)

You’re right, it was #7-9. My excuse is… I can only count to 5. Fact.

Thanks so much for putting them back up there! Here I was thinking they were lost to the mists of time…

It's no problem! Thankfully another PT member had the old issues. I've now downloaded all of them so if it happens in the future, I can now take care of it. :)

Even though it was short, it was a good issue!

The latest issue of AVENues should appear on the front page! I know that this isn't the PT's fault, but you can tell whatever administrator that even non-PT members are beginning to complain about it.

The other day I met someone (non-asexual) who said he read AVENues. I was impressed.

It's short because of lack of submitters. Thank you.

And I know, I wish I could do something about it. Don't you think I've contacted the only person who can change it? There isn't much else I can do.

I'll try to talk to them about it again.

• 2 months later...

Did you click on the AVENues homepage under the links section? I just tried that and it worked for me.

Did you click on the AVENues homepage under the links section? I just tried that and it worked for me.

Thanks. My fault, not AVEN's.

I realised in the end that each time i clicked the link it downloaded a PDF file to my downloads folder and then returned me to the original page.

Sorry....I'm very new to computers and still struggling to understand them.

Archived