Welcome our new Administrator!

Kelly

We have elected a new administrator. The winner is...

The Evil Cashew.

Please welcome her to the admin team. :cake:

We have elected a new administrator. The winner is...

The Evil Cashew.

Please welcome her to the admin team. :cake:

New?

When Fosco left, we had a discussion about the role of admins. It used to be that admins were constantly busy battling spambots and other board-wide threads. These days, most of that's handled by forum software. The need has gone down, so the number of admins has gone down.

We have elected a new administrator. The winner is...The Evil Cashew. Please welcome her to the admin team. :cake:

New?

Now I did say at the time of fosco leaving..that it was wrong to do away with the admin post... I was told it wasn't needed less than 8 weeks ago

I also said it stifled the ability in gaining new blood by reducing the amount of roles avaliable and wasn't a good move forward....I was told in no uncertian terms...I was wrong, my idea's were wrong and I am just a ranter

and tout le monde, kell surpreese...the not then needed admin has now appeared as...it's needed....we have more mod roles avaliable without a dramatic reshuffle and..we have new blood about to go in

sometimes when you concentrate on the messenger rather than the message you lose your way...and I'm glad that finally the back room team are starting to listen...8 weeks and a lot of avoidable shit later....but listening they appear to be

Cash well done on the admin post

the new project team..you seem to be leading the way in a very positive direction..well done

back room team...it's been shitty and avoidable....but by listening I hope now..we are getting to where we can be and were most of us want to be..well done

O...and Hi to everyone by the way

pawprint prettysure

Now I did say at the time of fosco leaving..that it was wrong to do away with the admin post... I was told it wasn't needed less than 8 weeks ago

At the time it looked like we did not need another admin. We were doing fine with just four. But with the upcoming changes in the "backroom", it was obvious that we indeed need a 5th admin.

Now, things are changing and maybe we have all learned a few valuable lessons during these past weeks. At least I should hope so.

I certianly hope so Paw..

the lack of forward thinking that was replaced with daily fire fighting ..was not good for man nor beast

I'm hoping now that with members having an input....the backroom team once again realising they are there for the members and not the other way around...that we can now get back on track to making aven as good as it can be and a better place

• 2 weeks later...

Archived