Asexual Coordinator for the Queer Youth Network

emmarainbow

emmarainbow

So, I've been appointed coordinator for asexual issues in the queer youth network, a huge organisation with tens of thousands of members run by youth volunteers in the UK. I'm in charge of a (still rather mysterious) asexual campaign.

It's come as a bit of a shock! I'm very excited and it's a brilliant opportunity, but I might need a little guidance from you guys. I've got enthusiasm and knowledge, but I have no idea how to implement it!

My brief is:

The Queer Youth is proud to announce the launch of it's Young People's Asexuality Project aimed at raising the profile of asexual issues, dispelling the myths and misinformation, developing resources, training, guidance and support.

I'm talking to the campaigns officer properly tomorrow, so I'll keep you all informed! :)

Hoooly awesome! Congrats on this! Keep us updated, most definitely, and maybe you and I, in the future, can have a chat about campaign stuff (I'm currently acting as secretary and political coordinator of Pride UBC, so, I need to start plotting some sort of asexual take-over meeself. :P)

Ooooh, great!!!! I used to be an active member a few years back, it's a great network. :D

I think I've said this already, but that is just so awesome! The US will need to catch up! ;)

Wow!! Let's definitely set up a skype call, I'd love to talk about the possibilities, this is great!! PM or email me and we can work out the details.

Awesome! I'm sure you'll do a great job [after all, you've got all of AVEN to back you up and help you out].

Archived