Demiromanticism and Fictional Characters

fennecgirl

2 members have voted

1. 1. Demiromantics, have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

• Yes
    • No

Demiromantics, I have a question for you. Have you ever found yourself crushing on a fictional character?

I'm just curious because people can often become emotionally attached to the main character(s) of a book/movie/TV show/etc. For demiromantics, does this ever lead to romantic feelings toward a fictional character like it sometimes can for romantics? Or do you never feel romantic attraction to fictional characters, despite that emotional connection, because you don't (and can't) have a personal relationship with them?

I've heard that it isn't uncommon for this to happen. Good fictional characters tend to be designed to be relate-able, and yet extraordinary at the same time. Just because a character doesn't really exist, doesn't necessarily mean people can't imagine a relationship with that character *cough*fanfiction*cough*. I'm not dumping on such a thing as a little innocent author insertion fanfiction is far preferable to the artists who heavily embrace rule 34.

It hasn't happened with me, and I'm quite confident it never will. I don't connect with fiction THAT well, which is probably part of why most tv/books/whatever bore me.

Archived