Lithromantic or Gray-romantic?

cbernard

I've read about Lithromanticism as having feelings for someone, but not wanting them to have the same feelings for you. I can somewhat identify, but also sorta not. The default for romantic feelings is when someone romantically likes someone, they want to be romantically liked back. But I feel kind of in-between. I have a huge crush on a girl at school, and she knows it, but my feelings are unrequited. I'm fine with that, but I would also be fine if she felt the same way about me. I just don't care one way or another.

Like if I was going to compare romantic feelings to sexual feelings, lithromanticism, if I'm not mistaken, is closest to being a repulsed sexual, in that you are sexually attracted to people, but would feel repulsed by the thought of actually being in a sexual situation with them (which would be a consequence of your feelings being returned).

My case is... I dunno. Maybe like a sex-positive gray-a? Someone who is open to the idea of sex, but also open to the idea of no sex?

I guess my question is, does the situation I describe have a specific term, or would it be a particular case of Lithromanticism or Gray-romanticism?

I think that the most important thing is that you're happy and you are doing well. Labels are not so important. Choose one you like and you feel like identifying with, one you think describes you best, or one you think it would be easier to explain to family/friends/special-someone. :)

I'm moving this thread from Asexual Q&A to A/Romantic Identities.

I've read about Lithromanticism as having feelings for someone, but not wanting them to have the same feelings for you. I can somewhat identify, but also sorta not. The default for romantic feelings is when someone romantically likes someone, they want to be romantically liked back. But I feel kind of in-between. I have a huge crush on a girl at school, and she knows it, but my feelings are unrequited. I'm fine with that, but I would also be fine if she felt the same way about me. I just don't care one way or another.

Like if I was going to compare romantic feelings to sexual feelings, lithromanticism, if I'm not mistaken, is closest to being a repulsed sexual, in that you are sexually attracted to people, but would feel repulsed by the thought of actually being in a sexual situation with them (which would be a consequence of your feelings being returned).

My case is... I dunno. Maybe like a sex-positive gray-a? Someone who is open to the idea of sex, but also open to the idea of no sex?

I guess my question is, does the situation I describe have a specific term, or would it be a particular case of Lithromanticism or Gray-romanticism?

I don't know that it has a particular word to describe it aside from lithromantic. Seems to me like you'd be some flavor of lith. Some liths are okay with either reciprocation or having their feelings unrequited - they'll be happy with either outcome. Sounds similar to you, I think.

Archived