I think I am, I think I am...

Junebug03

So I have been thinking about this for a while. I know I am asexual but aromantic...I was almost 100% but now I am just not sure. This is really hard to figure out. I don't like people touching me and don't like the romance stuff, but later in life I think if I found another person that doesn't like touching and romance stuff I could totally live with him. But it would be like a college apartment where rooms the apartment is shared but we have our own rooms. Before this was just a fantasy and something I laughed about but now (as weird as it sounds) I kind of want it to happen. Almost like living with a best friend of the opposite sex to be there for me when I get old and sick and to have fun with and vice versa. What does this sound like to you all? Does it sound crazy? Does it sound like I am aromantic or something else?

Mezzo Forte

Actually, some aromantics desire having a sort of queerplatonic partner, and it's pretty much as you described, lacking romantic (and in this case sexual) elements altogether. Having a committed partner isn't exclusive to romance :)

I don't think is crazy, I think is totally viable and would be an amazing idea and a way to live with someone that shares many things but still have their own space, and specially knowing that wouldn't result in further physical contact and be happy about it, it's going to be hard but not crazy :)

I think if it works for you and you find someone for whom it fits the same way, then that's awesome and you should by all means go for it. What's the problem? :)

First off, I love your avatar, Mysticus Insanus! There isnt really a problem as much as freaking outness. I never thought I would want this. I always just joked saying Sheldon Cooper from BBT and I are going to live that way together. But the realize I really wanted something like that and not just joke made me anxious and freaked me out a little....ok a lot. I didnt even think it was possible.

This is exactly my idea of a perfect partner! No sex, hugs, kisses,no romance, no yucky stuff like this. It's like being friends, but more than that. In my view, love is a strong friendship, mutual respect and always being there for your partner - and this is pure love, free of any physical boundaries. shit what did I just say

I think I'll have a hard time finding someone like that, haha.

First off, I love your avatar, Mysticus Insanus! There isnt really a problem as much as freaking outness. I never thought I would want this. I always just joked saying Sheldon Cooper from BBT and I are going to live that way together. But the realize I really wanted something like that and not just joke made me anxious and freaked me out a little....ok a lot. I didnt even think it was possible.

Aww, thanks! I like my avvy too, it resonates so much with myself and my partner, she's pretty much "Amy to my Sheldon". :D

Well, it still seems like you've just experienced some kind of, dunno, "growth spurt" or whatever one's to call it about your consciousness/awareness of who you are and what you want... I've had a handful of these, too, and yeah, they can be scary/freakish when you've thought for the longest time that something is one specific way for you, and then you feel something else knock hello inside you and it's different than you thought, you're different than you thought in some way. No need to freak out totally atm, though - I didn't read it as if there were some specific real person right now you'd rush to move in with tomorrow morning (:P), so you can just sit back and get used to feeling like this. :)

If you come to get all comfy with the thought and do wanna go through with it one day - well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you'll find a Sheldon much as I found an Amy. ;)

Aww, thanks! I like my avvy too, it resonates so much with myself and my partner, she's pretty much "Amy to my Sheldon". :D

Well, it still seems like you've just experienced some kind of, dunno, "growth spurt" or whatever one's to call it about your consciousness/awareness of who you are and what you want... I've had a handful of these, too, and yeah, they can be scary/freakish when you've thought for the longest time that something is one specific way for you, and then you feel something else knock hello inside you and it's different than you thought, you're different than you thought in some way. No need to freak out totally atm, though - I didn't read it as if there were some specific real person right now you'd rush to move in with tomorrow morning (:P), so you can just sit back and get used to feeling like this. :)

If you come to get all comfy with the thought and do wanna go through with it one day - well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you'll find a Sheldon much as I found an Amy. ;)

Thanks. I am happy for you. It was just the weirdest thing. I have pushed all thoughts of guys (and good guys) out of my future because of my past, and for me to say what I posted was huge. And I think that is what freaked me out at the time. Thanks for your reply. :) Maybe one day I will find a Sheldon. :)

Archived