Do i sound like a lithromantic or someone who just has bad luck?

Elephox

I recently learned the term "lithromantic" which means someone who has romantic feelings towards someone but does not want their feelings reciprocated. The story with me is that whenever I have feelings for someone, it is always someone who has no interest in me at all. Whenever someone has feelings for me I have no feelings for them at all and am sometimes even repulsed by them. The part of me that I think doesn't sound lithromantic is that I actually want the people I have feelings for to reciprocate these feelings and am often left disappointed. Am I just having bad luck or does lithromanticism have a spectrum too?

Lithromanticism also has a spectrum. There are Liths like myself who do like/want the other person(s) to have the same feelings for us as we (in the general sense) have for them, but don't want a romantic relationship. Then there are even some liths who do want a romantic relationship, but don't care/don't really want the love to be reciprocated.

98slbrookes98

I recently learned the term "lithromantic" which means someone who has romantic feelings towards someone but does not want their feelings reciprocated. The story with me is that whenever I have feelings for someone, it is always someone who has no interest in me at all. Whenever someone has feelings for me I have no feelings for them at all and am sometimes even repulsed by them. The part of me that I think doesn't sound lithromantic is that I actually want the people I have feelings for to reciprocate these feelings and am often left disappointed. Am I just having bad luck or does lithromanticism have a spectrum too?

This has happened to me a lot too. I've had crushes on female teachers. I had two major unrequited loves for two straight best friends. And, yes when a person likes me and I just want friendship I find that really hard to deal with - it's easier if it is the other way round (me having feelings for someone who just wants friendship) as I am used to handling that.

However since you obviously want a romantic relationship and do want those you fall in love with to reciprocate you don't seem to fit the definition of lithromantic but that's just my opinion. You need to make up your own mind. I am understanding if I fall for someone straight/married in the sense that I try to suppress my feelings and accept they don't feel the same but that's not the same as being lithromantic hence I know I am not lithromantic myself.

Archived