I think I actually found a label that describes me

Quill Pen Gentleman

Quill Pen Gentleman

I came across the new A/Romantic Identities forum (Woo-Hoo it's here! :D ) and I was just browsing the Lexicon and FAQs when I came upon a label that actually made sense to me.

I read up on the WTF-romantic and could not help but feel a bit of a correlation. It describes how I feel becuase I could never fully relate to the aromantics but I couldn't fully relate to the romantics either. All my feelings for other people are just downright strange. Except for that one single crush I had last November, as far as I know that was a crush. Maybe.

Anyway, perhaps there are more of those WTF-romantics out there on AVEN?

seinneadair

Yeah, I can't seem to decide if WTF-Romantic or demiromantic is a better choice of label for me. Then again, I think WTF- could be prefixed to most descriptions of my feelings and thought processes, since none of them are exactly normal, so maybe I'm WTF-demiromantic... :)

Notte stellata

From the pinned "Lexicon and FAQ":

WTFromantic: very loose definition. A wtfromantic will typically be someone on the aromantic spectrum, who does not experience romanticism in the traditional manner, but who cannot fully say they are aromantic or grey-aromantic. This term is less "recognized" (as less known).

If there was an equivalent term for sexual orientation, I might say I'm WTF-sexual. :P

Also, from the FAQ:

Wtfromantic is a very loose definition. A wtfromantic will typically be someone on the aromantic spectrum, who does not experience romanticism in the traditional manner, but who cannot fully say they are aromantic or grey-aromantic. It is usually used by someone who knows they are not a full romantic, but has no better term for what they are. The specific meanings of the identity is up to each individual. *

Wtfromantics may differ from grey-aromantics in many ways. While grey-aro individuals are those who fall somewhere along a line in between romantic and aromantic, wtfromantics may not be on the line at all. Wtfromantic is generally used as a catch-all term for those who fall somewhere in the category of semiromantic or alternatively romantic, but do not better fit into any other label. (source here).

Interesting links on and off AVEN:

WTFromantic - Question for aromantics

My romantic orientation is?

A set of affections difficult to characterize

Stormharrier

I may or may not be WTFromantic. I'm still undecided on what it actually is, and whether two periods of unusual feelings from before I realised there were things between bog-standard friendship and romance (and therefore was unable to properly decipher what they were) is enough to knock me out of the aromantic bucket. Is WTFromantic more "wtf is romance?" or "wtf was that I just felt?"? Cuz I'm pretty convinced there's a difference between romantic and non-romantic (for starters one tends to make me run for the hills when I notice people directing it at me and the other doesn't), I just have trouble figuring out what my own feelings are doing at times. When they bother doing anything out of the ordinary. Which is not often.

Mostly I just stick with aromantic cuz it's easier. Or "meh". Is mehromantic a thing?

The more I read about asexuality, the more confused I get. I'm a heteroromantic asexual masculine male with an undirected sex drive and a preference for East Asians.

Archived