Platonic Fantasy Dreams/ Greyromantic

Robotic Emu

Robotic Emu

I was wondering if anybody else gets these? When I squish on people, they tend to appear in my dreams but not in a fantasy way. I had one last night about hanging out with my squish and having an adorable bromance.

I am panromantic, but might be grey/demiromantic. I get squishes all the time, which turn into romantic crushes when I get to know the people or develop an emotional connection. I never have crushes on fictional characters, strangers, or celebrities and don't squish on people who I am unlikely to get to know. Does anybody relate to this?

ha. not really. I get squishes on a lot of people, men and women, all the time I can often find people romantically attractive, but can usually never see myself 'with' someone unless they are a woman, even though I find both genders enticing. This can range from celebrity crushes to people I meet everyday. Celebrities are just normal people right?

It's just anything sexual really turns me off.

And considering in society how a relationship existing without sex is rarely seen as 'normal' I increasingly believe that nothing is ever going to happen romantically for me in an asexual case, unless someone from Aven or Acebook shows an interest ;) :D :wub::blush:

Me! haha, what you described sounds exactly like me :lol:

I never knew exactly if my crushes were crushes or if they were squishes I thought were crushes because I didn't know the concept of a squish.

I usually want to hug them and never let them go, and I develop jealousy towards them... I want them to myself, I want to be their most important ___________ (whatever important emotional thing they want me to be).

Hm, this is actually the first time I've ever heard about a squish.

I think I might have a squish on my best friend. I've never had a crush on anyone, but the closest I've ever gotten to one is how I feel about her. I want to be really close to her, and I want to be more than friends, but I don't really feel romantic towards her, and I don't have the urge to date her or anything. I do, however, get the urge to hug her and be in close contact with her, like what amoeba colony described.

And yeah, I have dreamed about my squish once or twice in that kind of way. I don't think I could have developed a squish at all if we hadn't already been super close. :)

Archived