New moderator qualifications

Kelly

Hello all,

As you may know, the Admod Team has discussed the idea proposed by the board of changing the requirements to run for an Admod or Project Team position to being a member for 6 months and having 100 posts outside of Welcome Lounge and Just For Fun.

Since the majority of the members who voted agreed with this proposal, we have decided that we will implement these qualifications as of the next election.

On behalf of the Admod Team,

Kelly

The cake is a lie!

It takes at least 6 months to find out what this community is all about, and even then you're still learning. I would also like to see term limits here because some Administrators and Moderators seem to have been holding those positions for an inordinate amount of time. This would tend to cause a sense of entitlement after awhile leading to concerns over corruption.

Janus the Fox

Given this site, that is a vast improvement, longer membership can mean members are more trustworthy. This is still quite lenient compared to other forum websites.

"This is still quite lenient compared to other forum websites".

What other forums are you on in which mods are elected at all?

What's your problem with this? All you've said is you don't like it.

Confabulase

So when you say you have no words, you mean you'd be happier if the mods were appointed?

So when you say you have no words, you mean you'd be happier if the mods were appointed?

No. I was just asking PDT what other internet forums he's on in which mods are elected.

When I posted my first comment, I honestly couldn't think of anything to say.

Janus the Fox

It depends om the size of its community, some are voted, some are picked by hand from admin.

forums like LBPC and other gaming forums need say 500 posts minimum and a year membership.

Wrong Planet I believe needs even more than that

huge forums like deviantART require long term commitment, moderation experience and qualifications and are voted by the staff.

Sites like reddit can have its sub communities moderated by anyone depending on the previous ownership of that community, minimums are set by the original moderator.

:wacko::unsure:

I have no words

I don't understand this. Please feel free to explain if you want also in PM, because it's harder for me to understand smilies than words.

Hello all,

As you may know, the Admod Team has discussed the idea proposed by the board of changing the requirements to run for an Admod or Project Team position to being a member for 6 months and having 100 posts outside of Welcome Lounge and Just For Fun.

Since the majority of the members who voted agreed with this proposal, we have decided that we will implement these qualifications as of the next election.

On behalf of the Admod Team,

Kelly

*Likes*

Vampyremage

I'm in full approval of this decision :)

sinisterporpoise

Great, if we're doing things based on a majority of the members voting for them, when is the creation of an aromantic forum going to happen? Or is this just a case where the moderators and administrators are going to have to admit their biases and repeat the logic that didn't make any sense to begin with?

Makes sense. I approve :P *realizes her approval means nothing* oh well.

But your commitment to the community is eternally appreciated~ ^_^

Also, I approve this reset. Even if those who were elected do the job like pros, it wouldn't hurt anyone. Besides, the community is gradually growing, so I don't see why mod qualifications shouldn't follow it. :cake:

The Scrabbler

Does this also apply to who's allowed to vote in the elections?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I wish there was a rule for those who step down not to be able to get in elections again after at least 6 month.

I wish there was a rule for those who step down not to be able to get in elections again after at least 6 months.

Why?

Archived