To Aromantic Aces

I'm wondering if ne1 that's aromantic still wants to find a partner? I'm not asking if u want to fall n luv but just if u want to have some1 to spend ur life with?

Sennkestra

I'm wondering if ne1 that's aromantic still wants to find a partner? I'm not asking if u want to fall n luv but just if u want to have some1 to spend ur life with?

Definitely! Although I'm aromantic, I definitely still have interest in having a long-term partner. Even if it's not really romantic per se, I do want some kind of committed relationships with someone, where we can support each other, and live together, etc. Sort of like a committed roommate, or a boston marriage type thing. Basically, something with the committments and benefits of a marriage/living together type arrangement but without the sexual/romantic aspects. It would also help a lot if I ever do decide to raise kids.

Since I'm still in college and not really establishes yet, and since I still have school organizations and roomates and things to get companionship from I haven't really had much desire to seek out such a relationship yet (since I'm not quite ready to commit or settle down yet) but it's definitely something that I want to work towards eventually.

And, to be honest...even though I'm an asexual aromantic and don't really experience sexual or romantic attraction, I'm not opposed to sex or romance, so I'd also be open to the possibility of a sexual or romantic relationship, although I think a queerplatonic or other non-sexual, non-romantic relationship might still be my ideal. I think the main thing for me is that I want some kind of guarantee of companionship, even as other friends begin to get married and move on.

Well, I've long thought I was A-A, but... not that I'm not anymore, it's just that I'm questioning my identity right now.

Though, whatever I become, I think that I'd always prefer being alone... With friends, of course! But nothing else. I just feel comfy when I know I depend solely on myself, barely anything else to worry about...

Of course that may change with time. I'm not close-minded, so whenever the feeling comes, I'll reflect on it. ^_^

I found that after living 4 years with roommates/housemates, I need to live alone. It's too much of a headache living with other people. That, and I'm an aromantic ace.

Still, if I found someone who I could always hang out with, chill with, joke around, maybe go for a drink, and just be really close with and share things with, someone who's just a bit closer than a friend...yeah, that would be cool.

yes, and no.

right now, I need space, to figure myself out. I've never had the chance to live by myself, and figure my routines/orginization type out. I've only been forced to do things other people's way. Or forced to have everything in my tiny room.

But I'm also afraid to go it alone, 'cause I'm a mixed introvert and extrovert. I need people but I need to be alone. Two of my main coping methods are talking to some one, and reaffirmation (usually from a close friend). And lets face it, I'm basically cutting my family out of my life when I move away, so I'm going to need to get lots of really good friends to make up for it.

I wonder, would you happen to have an English version of this question?

Guest member25959

Depends on what you mean by 'partner'.

I want friends, I guess. I want people to hang out with, perhaps share a house/apartment with, but no commitment.

I know I'd like to have a committed relationship of some kind, but I'm not sure exactly what, and if it's different enough from romance that I'd be aromantic. (For me, committed mainly means we'd involve each other in major decisions - no moving to separate towns or anything like that without a really good reason. I'm not entirely sure what defines the "relationship" part, though.)

nondescript

The most I'd ever want is a close BFF who I can talk to about anything.

Boo42069yomomma

The most I'd ever want is a close BFF who I can talk to about anything.

Second this.

Although, I'm not quite sure I'm Aromantic. And I might have a girlfriend. Why? Because I thought "Well, maybe I have to get in a relationship before I'll be interested"

Nope. (chuck testa)

Living alone > living with other people. Other people work best in small doses. Sometimes I think it might be interesting to have a long term partner of sorts, but there are too many cons for the pros and I couldn't reciprocate any romantic feelings.

samepage1

Boy, your question sure is hard to understand. Fortunately some co-workers and I had a prolonged discussion in the break room about what "ne1" means because someone had written a sign using this strange terminology.

Anyhow, yes. I do want some sort of partner to raise kids with, so I'd like to live with them for that purpose. Otherwise, I would still want a partnered friendship, though I wouldn't necessarily want to live together. I'd just sort of want someone that I was closely associated with, but we'd still have our own lives, and I would not treat them all that differently than any other friend.

Chickenpede

I'm not sure about whether I'd like that. On the one hand, it would be pretty nice to have a partner of sorts (more like extreme best friends or something), but I'm not sure I'd want to live with them. Also, though I wouldn't be lonely because of said partner, I would probably become very attached and become paranoid that they might find someone cooler to spend their life with. I tend to not trust anyone, and sadly this would extend to my life partner, no matter how kind and loyal they were. Plus, to me investing a ton of emotional attachment (even if it is non-romantic and non-sexual) in just one person doesn't seem smart to me. It's a really good way to get hurt if that person disappears from your life somehow. Idk, maybe I'm just weird and don't get relationships.

There are aromantic asexuals who don't mind or even crave a platonic life partner. I guess you'd get more responses if you asked the question in The Aromantic Thread.