Aromantic vs. Romantic/ Crush vs Squish.

RowanBun

Okay, So, I've been on AVEN for a couple weeks now and I do understand the difference pretty well, but could someone give me a more specific definition? I'm teetering between biromantic and aromantic and I can't quite figure out which one suits me. And could someone please explain the difference between a crush and a squish? I realize a squish is an aromantic version of a crush, but is there any real difference between them aside from the sex part? Thank you all in advance. ^_^ and :cake:

A crush doesn't mean you want to have sex with someone, it just means you have romantic feelings for them. A squish is like that, except it's a feeling of wanting to be (platonic) friends with someone.

What kind of fantasies do you have about that person? Can they be interpreted as situations that better describe really good friends or some other kind of platonic relationship, or romantic partners?

If you had never come to AVEN, would you define what you feel as "I want to be friends" or "I want to date you"? That's the difference.

Archived