sqiushes/crushes on strangers =/

Uhh

I'm asexual and mostly aromantic. Actually, sometimes I kind of feel like I'ma hopeless romantic stuck inside an aromantic's body... if that makes any sense. I like the idea of a relationship and love and all that, but when it comes to actually having all that stuff I'm like so put off sort of. I find people aesthetically pleasing and would call a guy cute or adorable or handsome. So I get squishes on random strangers a bit. It sucks... I kind of wish I didn't. I hate seeing a guy and maybe saying something brief to each other just like friendly in passing or like making eye contact from across the room or something like that. But then I'm too quiet and reserved to make a move (not that I know how to do that anyway :P). But then afterwards I can't help thinking about like what if I had said something and we had gone on a date or something, but I'll never know or see that person again because what are the chances of that. I HATE that feeling... it feels worse than getting broken up with. But then I think, "well, I don't like feeling tied down to someone and I'm not really looking for a relationship and I'm not ready for a relationship while I have school and other things to worry about." Plus I feel like once I get to know people there is usually something that makes them unattractive (in the sorta platonic romantic attracted kinda way). I just feel like maybe I feel like that cause I see this really nice looking person and then I project my fantasies (err not sure thats the right word... ideal characteristics maybe?) onto them. Logically,I know that the person I'm picturing in my head does not really exist technically, but I still can't help feeling that sort of empty feeling in the pit of my stomach and thinking "what if?" Anyone else ever feel like this?

Yes. Been a while since it has happened though.

Yes, it happens to me, but rarely.

IMO the best thing about crushes on strangers is that you can never get to know them well. You would probably find something what would not be so great and it would ruin everything...

Archived