Aromantic only, who'd you date as a exception?

R_1

Even though I am extremely asocial with lacking the ability to form a proper relationship, I think I could try with one girl that looks more like this and actually prefers to speak about science and math especially the higher level ones. The rest, well if they look good and offer sex, then I would try out for a experimentation with no bonding at all. Also, I would love it if this kind actually respects loners' space and needs.

thalia_by_kimir_ra-d4xqumf.jpg

I would try to date an extremely tolerant asexual guy who would not kill me with too much of romantic stuff. :lol:

I would try to date an extremely tolerant asexual guy who would not kill me with too much of romantic stuff. :lol:

I second this opinion!

I would love to try and date an asexual male who enjoyed using his brain for intellectual conversation, but wasn't too hard-core and knew how to make me laugh... but also knew when to be serious.

The Great WTF

My only exception is my current partner. Otherwise, there is no real exception to my not wanting to date. I'm too independent for relationships.

It would have to be the world's most incredibly submissive guy with no desire for kids or sex or kissing whatsoever. He'd let me treat him like a (stereotypically traditional) lady and permit me to be a perfect (stereotypically traditional) gentleman and sweep him off his feet on a regular basis. And he has to make me dinner and do my chores while I do the work outside the home and get the promotions, so I can be guaranteed to make more money than he does at any given moment.

This guy probably doesn't exist, and I'm probably too controlling in maintaining a dominant position to make anyone genuinely happy in a committed relationship (unless he were some kind of super-sub fellow who wanted to be a maid as a young boy), so it's probably better off that I am aromantic, and that I'm not on the lookout for Mr. SuperFemme Doormat. There's probably quite a bit of that hypothetical situation that specifically caters to me overcompensating for not having actually been born male. Even I think that if I had a personality doppelganger of either gender looking around for 'love,' that this person really probably isn't looking for love at all, just an aesthetically appealing maid.

Janus the Fox

Anyone that is interested in me I make an exception, if I felt anything for the other person, I'll let it see how that develops.

I would date another aromantic person who has been forced to pick somebody as their date as an exception. Liking Chinese food and knowing interesting stuff about a fascinating field that I'm not very familiar with is a definite plus.

MinusCelsius

I would date another aromantic person who has been forced to pick somebody as their date as an exception.

This. Actually, I did that at some point, where a friend and I were annoyed by all the attempt to couple us with random people. So we declared to be a couple, nothing actually changed between us (except for mocking toothache-triggering nicknames others used for their partners; I wouldn't call anyone "dollface" under serious circumstances) - and voila, the attempts to find us partners stopped. Despite the fact we didn't even make an attempt to act like a couple and openly said it's more or less a joke. Ironically, that was the best and happiest relationship I ever had. :lol:

I might date a guy who's ace and aromantic, but kind, caring, has some of the same interests as me, who is smart, has an stabile economy, who dont get upset because I need some alone-time, he can not under any circumstances be a jealous guy sinse my best friend is a guy and I work with mostly guys. And he would have to like dogs. So...I really dont think that guy exists, and even though he did, I have a feeling I would manage to find something wrong anyway :P

A lot of the people here think their ideal special person doesn't exist. Hate to break it to yah, but they do. I've met most of them :D

I'm actually friends with someone who's really close to my ideal person. If only she were asexual. She is the only person I've actually wanted to date. Qualities? Independent, somewhat rebellious, lots of energy, sarcastic, not very romantic, but alas, as sexual as anyone else. I'm just glad I had the opportunity to meet her. (hums "Iris")

Aromantic only, who'd you date as a exception? In looks and in personality?

Looks alone wouldn't be enough of a reason for me to date someone. But I like people who have dark hair and who are tall and skinny (which describes what I look like actually... :P).

Personality would be the reason I'd date someone. Someone who is logical, intelligent, and respectful. They would need to share my interests (science, heavy metal, sci-fi/fantasy, etc.), and they would have to be Christian. And last but not least, they would have to truly understand what I am (a mild psychopath) and be perfectly okay with what that entails (like the inability to feel most emotions, including love). I do love people but it's a different kind of love. My love is a choice not a feeling. I define love as being willing to provide and protect someone at all costs. Being willing to die for someone.

Quick-step

I have two questions 1. How does liking physical conact and being aromantic work with one another? Is it an out of the question sort of thing ? 2.) what do you mean if someone is ace?

I have two questions 1. How does liking physical conact and being aromantic work with one another? Is it an out of the question sort of thing ? 2.) what do you mean if someone is ace?

1. Physical contact and aromanticism have nothing to do with each other - there are many aromantics who enjoy physical contact and there are many who are touch-repulsed.

2. Ace = asexual. Does that help? Or were you asking something else?

... Huh. Heheh...

Didn't give much thought about it, in fact... I'm not even sure I got an exception...

Oh well, I guess I'm not really into dating. Besides, I know how it'd end with the other person having their heart shattered by me. -_-

I'd like to be friends with those I'd make and "exception" of, though... Good friends. With whom you form a group... It really would make me happy.

As for an aromantic, I've got a pretty long list of 'exceptions' :P (and these range from real life people that I've met to animated fictional characters). I wouldn't go on a 'date' in it's regular meaning, but rather in means of a relationship (the dating ritual doesn't appeal to me, it seems pretty much like fake-ish game).

wulfgar83

I second this opinion!

I would love to try and date an asexual male who enjoyed using his brain for intellectual conversation, but wasn't too hard-core and knew how to make me laugh... but also knew when to be serious.

I'd like to think that I fit that description. I can be serious and talk about some deep stuff but I can joke around a lot too.

I...don't know?

I mean, if I met the right person, I'd be open to making an exception. However, it wouldn't be a typical dating thing. I'm very independent, I like having things done my way at my own pace, and I love my personal space. I can't imagine myself sticking with a person all the time, or even living with them. We'd either have to keep living apart or get a very big house xD Also, I'm not much of a romantic in general. I don't care much for close physical contact, I wouldn't care much for flowers and those sorts of typical romantic gifts, etc. So....yeah, if I ever met a guy willing to put up with all that and I were romantically attracted to him, then sure!

He must be a genious. I'm very curious and think alot about everything, love logic games and learning new stuff, and I get bored super easily.

So for example if he wants to ask me out, I'm sure I would accept it, if he does it with a cool dilemma for me to solve (instead of saying it directly).

He must look cool and kind.

Quick-step

1. Physical contact and aromanticism have nothing to do with each other - there are many aromantics who enjoy physical contact and there are many who are touch-repulsed.

2. Ace = asexual. Does that help? Or were you asking something else?

No that answered my question thank you ^_^. There was one person who I would have made an exception for... she was my very close friend for six years and was sexual, though I never told her I had feelings for her... and then I ended up confiding in the wrong person who ran and told her. It did not end well and we are no longer friends. However that isn't to say I wouldn't once again make an exception. We would probably end up being close friends first. The whole prospect of the "dating game" looks draining and a waste of precious time.

Archived