Advice please: I'm intrigued by a fellow Ace

black_and_nerdy

black_and_nerdy

so, i recently joined up with an ace meetup, and have been attending for the past 3 months. the group is just to have community and do cool things around town, and get to know other aces. there are usually about 5-10 of us that show up and we see each other 2-3 times a month. i'm a 20-something ace cis-gendered woman, with heteroromantic leanings... and i'm leaning towards an ace guy in our meetup. i'm not sure if he's aromantic or romantic, but i'm quite sure i'm squishing on him and want to spend time with him individually, outside of our meetup, but i'm not sure how to go about that. i wonder if asking him to do so would cross some sort of line? like is that direct interest inappropriate for our group meetup, or will it freak him out or something... i am a bit more outgoing and less reserved than he, and i know it's not right for me to assume what he thinks about me or how he will react, but i'm wondering if going forward and asking him to spend some one-on-one time is a valid course of action? cause i'm just afraid that with my interest in him, suggesting a one-on-one event will come off like asking him on a date and i'm not sure he's into that. gah :wacko: should i just squash it and see if the feelings pass, or own it and be proactive?

my advice is go proactive, go for it, when you will get another chance of a asexual guy, do you have his phone number, if so, text him see how he is doing, and if he would like to go have coffee, or see a movie, or walk in the park, I don't know, but something that you know that he will enjoy, if you don't have his number, approach him on this meetings and tell if he will like to do something, ;)

Won't know unless you try.

d(`-`d)

Go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

At worst he'll say he's not interested for whatever reason, and being as he's asexual he'll probably be very nice about it. At best though you might just start a relationship with your life partner. :)

Batman's Ace

I've gone out with my friend my age several times, with the understanding that it's as friends. Go ahead and talk to him, explain that you're interested in becoming regular friends (read: outside the structure of a specific group), and see if he's okay with the idea of you two hanging out together. There's nothing weird about wanting to be friends with someone. So ask!

Archived