Looking for a definition

ghostwriter

ghostwriter

I'm trying to find a definition for the kind of relationship I would want someday, because whenever I try to explain it to people, they misinterpret and either say something that I know isn't it because it just doesnt sound right (maybe I'm just a little too picky with definitions), or they get mad at me because I say I don't want romance someday. Also, because I don't like the feeling of not knowing how to explain something. It just drives me nuts.

anyway, the relationship: a guy and a girl who are best friends and both feel deep affection and loyalty toward each other. They do semi-romantic things, such as cuddling, saying "I love you", etc., but they don't feel a need to kiss or anything like that. And they are in a committed dating relationship.

So, if anyone has a word/definition for this...

The Great WTF

You could call it a queerplatonic relationship, though I hate that phrase and it would probably just confuse people outside of the aromantic and asexual communities. Personally, I think you're splitting hairs. What you're describing DOES sound like a lot of the romantic relationships I've seen so why not just go along with it? What you want sounds a lot like me and my pet. Even though neither of us consider it a romantic relationship per se, we tend to say we're boyfriend and girlfriend for the sake of simplicity. On AVEN i call him anything from 'my pet sexual' to 'the thing in my bed' or occasionally my boyfriend out of sheer habit. No one needs to know that we're not "in love" or truly "romantic" because it's not important and none of their damn business anyway.

ghostwriter

Okay, thanks for helping.

Archived