Demiromantic Aces?

AceNat

Me 6!! I'm happy to see this because I thought it was just something I made up. I've come to realize that whatever you identify as is real.

I'm a demiromantic ace because i would only be "romantic" with someone who i am emotionally connected to... is that gist here?

Me 6!! I'm happy to see this because I thought it was just something I made up. I've come to realize that whatever you identify as is real.

I'm a demiromantic ace because i would only be "romantic" with someone who i am emotionally connected to... is that gist here?

As I understand it, demiromantic parallels demisexuality. Therefore, it is "experiencing romantic attraction to another individual only after a strong emotional connection has been made with that individual."

For the record, no, I'm not demiromantic. :P

As I understand it, demiromantic parallels demisexuality. Therefore, it is "experiencing romantic attraction to another individual only after a strong emotional connection has been made with that individual."

You say, "As I understand it," and that's exactly what I think you mean here. I think everybody interprets their own sexuality in the way that THEY want to. Therefore, I think everything goes. I identify as a demiromantic asexual because I WOULD cuddle, hold hands, and kiss someone who I was emotionally connected to. Otherwise, I'd be repulsed. I'm an ace because I don't ever look forward to or engage in sexual intercourse, and furthermore, I'm not sexually attracted to people... ever. I WOULD engage in foreplay and other things to pleasure my partner, but not for my own pleasure. With that being said, I am asexual, not demisexual, but still demiromantic. Each label stands on it's own. Asexual, yes. Romantic, yes- under certain emotional circumstances. (demiromantic) Hetero demiromantic asexual. That's me.

Ase of Spades

*flail* I'm demiromantic! :D

You say, "As I understand it," and that's exactly what I think you mean here. I think everybody interprets their own sexuality in the way that THEY want to. Therefore, I think everything goes. I identify as a demiromantic asexual because I WOULD cuddle, hold hands, and kiss someone who I was emotionally connected to. Otherwise, I'd be repulsed. I'm an ace because I don't ever look forward to or engage in sexual intercourse, and furthermore, I'm not sexually attracted to people... ever. I WOULD engage in foreplay and other things to pleasure my partner, but not for my own pleasure. With that being said, I am asexual, not demisexual, but still demiromantic. Each label stands on it's own. Asexual, yes. Romantic, yes- under certain emotional circumstances. (demiromantic) Hetero demiromantic asexual. That's me.

Just popping in here to say, "As I understand it" was only meant to be an disclaimer referring to the definition (as different people have different definitions of what demiromantic should be). It was not meant to mean that I think it's all subjective, although I do think there are elements of subjectivity in the process of self-identity.

Just popping in here to say, "As I understand it" was only meant to be an disclaimer referring to the definition (as different people have different definitions of what demiromantic should be). It was not meant to mean that I think it's all subjective, although I do think there are elements of subjectivity in the process of self-identity.

This would be why labels suck.

Only sometimes, I like it when jars are labelled "Strawberry Jam" and I open them up and there it is! Strawberry jam!!!

Only sometimes, I like it when jars are labelled "Strawberry Jam" and I open them up and there it is! Strawberry jam!!!

Agreed. Best to not use labels at all rather than use them confusingly or wrongly. If I went around calling myself straight and, when questioned, just said "hey, anything goes!", it really wouldn't benefit anyone and would certainly cause confusion and hurt feelings.

ALSO I LOVE JAM OF ALL FLAVORS BECAUSE IT IS MOSTLY SUGAR

I like labels, if they fit. :rolleyes:

And yes, I identify as demiromantic ace. I need a specific emotional attraction to someone before romantic feelings can develop. This requirement would be: I need to admire the person first.

LOL i thought I made up "demi-romantic" as well! i think i may be demi-romantic, but i'm not 100% certain :ph34r:

blackwingsblackheart

Interesting! This might fit me as well. I'll have to think about it for a while. Also, jam is yummy because it's fruit, not just solidified fruit juice. That is all.

Archived